Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Angelo taking another beating in here tonight again ffs.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:11:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:09:02 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

Of course it was shameful.

Trying to score points however about child abuse over a football club is not the contribution of a balanced individual.

It's Daily Mail type tactics from a Daily Mail type poster.
Well actually I'm going by the Channel 4 News report - Channel 4 News is the best television news programme in the UK a considerable distance

They were pretty categorical that of any Scottish club, the report was by far the most damning for Celtic

But I suppose you'll now dismiss Channel 4 News

I'm just referencing you using the victims of child abuse as a vehicle to carry out your personal grievances.

I don't think it's what a balanced individual would do.
Really? I'm actually a supporter of Celtic who has gone over to see them play several times, as far back as the double season of 1988

My father was a lifelong Celtic supporter too

Unlike you though I don't seek to airbrush the truth about a matter as serious as paedophilia

Your weasel words smack of a serious sickness of the mind

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:19:38 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

Trying to score points however about child abuse over a football club is not the contribution of a balanced individual.

Well actually I'm going by the Channel 4 News report - Channel 4 News is the best television news programme in the UK a considerable distance

They were pretty categorical that of any Scottish club, the report was by far the most damning for Celtic

I'm just referencing you using the victims of child abuse as a vehicle to carry out your personal grievances.

Really? I'm actually a supporter of Celtic who has gone over to see them play several times, as far back as the double season of 1988

Unlike you though I don't seek to airbrush the truth about a matter as serious as paedophilia

My weasel words?

I've said it's wrong.

But I do think you trying to use victims of child abuse as a vehicle to exercise your own personal agenda is very petty and crass.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Sectarianism
Racism
Paedophilia

You'd wonder what's next.....

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 10:27:56 PM

But no

My weasel words?

I've said it's wrong.

But I do think you trying to use victims of child abuse as a vehicle to exercise your own personal agenda is very petty and crass.
Sure by your logic anybody who ever referenced paedophilia in the Catholic Church or any other setting was only doing so for a personal agenda, for bad faith reasons

The bottom line is all you're interested in doing in relation to this case is silencing the voices of victims of paedophilia, and the voices of anybody who highlights abuse and institutional failure and closing of ranks - which Celtic are absolutely guilty of here - for years they denied a connection between Celtic Boys Club and Celtic Football Club

You do this to try protect and an institution and clearly desire a closing of ranks, as did Celtic Football Club

Why do you do this? Because you're down the rabbit hole of obsessive internet persona compulsive disorder

As a bad faith position that's as bad as it gets

And it says a hell of a lot about you, doesn't it

None of it good

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:55:16 PM

But no

My weasel words?

I've said it's wrong.

Sure by your logic anybody who ever referenced paedophilia in the Catholic Church or any other setting was only doing so for a personal agenda, for bad faith reasons

The bottom line is all you're interested in doing in relation to this case is silencing the voices of victims of paedophilia, and the voices of anybody who highlights abuse and institutional failure and closing of ranks - which Celtic are absolutely guilty of here - for years they denied a connection between Celtic Boys Club and Celtic Football Club

You do this to try protect and an institution and clearly desire a closing of ranks, as did Celtic Football Club

Why do you do this? Because you're down the rabbit hole of obsessive internet persona compulsive disorder

None of it good
Your lack of full stops is

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:55:16 PM

But no

My weasel words?

I've said it's wrong.

None of it good

I've already said it's wrong. I've not defended it. So unless you are I don't understand your ire here.

Conversely it would seem you are using child abuse victims as a proxy to exercise petty personal grievances, which is very crass. My views on the current stewardship of Celtic Football Club are well known, I think Lawwell, Desmond, Bankier and co were reprehensible and should go. I think having a war criminal like John Reid involved in the club was disgraceful.

So maybe we should agree on that but I think your real reasons for inflaming this are anything but genuine or sincere.

sid waddell

You don't want the subject of paedophilia at Celtic and other clubs raised

That's closing of ranks - just like the apologists for paedophilia in the Catholic Church

Sweep sweep

Bet if it was, oh, let's say, a rugby coach in Terenure, you wouldn't take that attitude

That's because you only see paedophilia that has taken place in sporting settings as a chance to weaponise personal grievances

You don't actually give a f**k about victims of paedophilia or the crime of paedophilia itself

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 12:50:00 AM
You don't want the subject of paedophilia at Celtic and other clubs raised

That's closing of ranks - just like the apologists for paedophilia in the Catholic Church

Sweep sweep

Bet if it was, oh, let's say, a rugby coach in Terenure, you wouldn't take that attitude

That's because you only see paedophilia that has taken place in sporting settings as a chance to weaponise personal grievances

You don't actually give a f**k about victims of paedophilia or the crime of paedophilia itself
Your lack of full stops is still

tonto1888

But no

It was a report into paedophillia in Scottish Football. It was not a report on Celtic football club. Have you made a similar post in the ra gets thread? If you really are that concerned open a thread about it.

Most people know about the horrible abuses that went on at Celtic. Nobody wants to sweep them under the rug. It was reprehensible what happened and should never have happened. A dark mark on Celtic and their history and one which they will never be able to erase no matter what they do going forward.  But don't come across like those on twitter who try to use it as a point scoring exercise because that's exactly what this post reads like.

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 13, 2021, 08:52:17 AM

But no

It was a report into paedophillia in Scottish Football. It was not a report on Celtic football club. Have you made a similar post in the ra gets thread? If you really are that concerned open a thread about it.

Most people know about the horrible abuses that went on at Celtic. Nobody wants to sweep them under the rug. It was reprehensible what happened and should never have happened. A dark mark on Celtic and their history and one which they will never be able to erase no matter what they do going forward.  But don't come across like those on twitter who try to use it as a point scoring exercise because that's exactly what this post reads like.
It was a report on paedophilia on Scottish football - and Celtic came out by far the worst of any club from of it

Unless you think you know more than Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News, who has been covering this story for years, who specifcally made this point

Again, another Celtic supporter whose default reaction on hearing the story is to protect Celtic FC and their airbrush their disgraceful Catholic Church type closing of ranks behaviour

marty34

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 10:21:27 AM

But no

It was a report on paedophilia on Scottish football - and Celtic came out by far the worst of any club from of it

Unless you think you know more than Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News, who has been covering this story for years, who specifcally made this point

Again, another Celtic supporter whose default reaction on hearing the story is to protect Celtic FC and their airbrush their disgraceful Catholic Church type closing of ranks behaviour

Where, in his post, is he protecting Celtic?

Strange of you to compare different levels of child abuse and use it to score points. 

Very strange.

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 10:21:27 AM

But no

Did you actually read my post? I am guessing not because you can clearly see I did not at any stage protect Celtic.
Sid, I have genuine sympathy for what you have been through. I lost my father a few years ago to cancer and know what you're going through. I also know what it does to you. I'd recommend you take time and spend it with your family and not on an Internet forum. For your own good

Angelo

Christie and Edouard turning it on.

Sadly too little too late.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 01:18:17 PM
Christie and Edouard turning it on.

Sadly too little too late.

Eduoard is a class act.  Has never really looked interested this year but has scored loads of goal.

Just imagine he was at a club where he enjoyed it.