Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

I'm not disputing that. Of course money talks. But to say Everton don't have ambitions of CL qualification is ridiculous. Those clubs are all still more appealing than Celtic.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 03, 2021, 12:03:23 PM
I'm not disputing that. Of course money talks. But to say Everton don't have ambitions of CL qualification is ridiculous. Those clubs are all still more appealing than Celtic.

Absolute horseshit.

Celtic are in the CL qualifying rounds for the last 9 years, qualified for them 3 years ago. I can't remember Everton being in the CL in my lifetime, can you?

Of clubs with CL ambitions, Celtic have far more than Everton.

The only thing that makes those clubs appealing is the salary on offer. The Celtic job looks appealing to any manager if you put a £11.5m salary on the table so let's cut this horseshit about managing or playing for Everton, Crystal Palace or West Ham as being an attractive option, the only thing attractive about mid table mediocrity and the EPL is the salaries on offer.

If you believe the horseshit about the EPL attracting players for anything other than money then you have been brainwashed by Sky Sports.

Do you think Rafa Benitez was wooed to the Chinese Superleague for anything other than a £12m salary?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

This has to be the most strange counter argument ever.

If Everton don't have CL ambitions why are they paying a man with proven CL pedigree £11.5m per year. They paying one of the top 5 earners in the PL a CL salary? Why? To stay up? To get mid table?

They've backed him in transfer market too - all to go after a CL spot. It's not rocket science. They looking to make a breakthrough - they see Arsenal on the slide, Spurs missing out, Leicester challenging and United been inconsistent.

Of course they see CL football as an ambition. Or they could just pay Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche 3m to keep them up.

Celtic get a free shot at Europe and CL every year - it's not ambition, it's a freebie. Other clubs like Everton have to go and get it, by paying one of the top European managers they going for it.

And fair play to you for speaking for all EPL payers and the reasons they play in EPL. Disgusting that they actually consider the financial impact on their decision to play there. The lure of away nights in middle of January to play St Mirren for a fraction of the money should be what proper honest individuals would do.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 12:35:15 PM
This has to be the most strange counter argument ever.

If Everton don't have CL ambitions why are they paying a man with proven CL pedigree £11.5m per year. They paying one of the top 5 earners in the PL a CL salary? Why? To stay up? To get mid table?

They've backed him in transfer market too - all to go after a CL spot. It's not rocket science. They looking to make a breakthrough - they see Arsenal on the slide, Spurs missing out, Leicester challenging and United been inconsistent.

Of course they see CL football as an ambition. Or they could just pay Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche 3m to keep them up.

Celtic get a free shot at Europe and CL every year - it's not ambition, it's a freebie. Other clubs like Everton have to go and get it, by paying one of the top European managers they going for it.

And fair play to you for speaking for all EPL payers and the reasons they play in EPL. Disgusting that they actually consider the financial impact on their decision to play there. The lure of away nights in middle of January to play St Mirren for a fraction of the money should be what proper honest individuals would do.

I think you failed to grasp the fundamental point - Ancelotti is not at Everton for CL ambitions, he is there for £11.5m and to go and dispute that is preposterous.

Ancelotti would not need £11.5m to manage a club with CL ambitions. He was managing Napoli who had the same ambition for half the rate a few months earlier before he was sacked.

He took the Everton job on the basis of the paypacket, not the aspirations of the club. If he is taking a job on on the basis of CL aspirations then Celtic have a run at it every year.

Do you think Rafa Benitez took a job in China because he always wanted to work in Chinese football or was it a £12m salary that motivated him?

Jeepers Creepers

Ancelotti could have got that same pay packet anywhere in the world.

Angelo

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 03, 2021, 12:45:28 PM
Ancelotti could have got that same pay packet anywhere in the world.

Why couldn't he get it at Napoli? He was sacked in his last two jobs.

Louther

Your point is mute.

Are we talking about Ancelottis ambitions or Everton's? It Everton's call what their ambitions are.

If you think he is motivated by money, you're rather clueless. He doesn't need money, he takes the going rate, like everyone else does when they take a job. The more high profile and expectations of the job, the higher the pay. It's not going to turn down what's been offered. Like Benitez in China.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:02:22 PM
Your point is mute.

Are we talking about Ancelottis ambitions or Everton's? It Everton's call what their ambitions are.

If you think he is motivated by money, you're rather clueless. He doesn't need money, he takes the going rate, like everyone else does when they take a job. The more high profile and expectations of the job, the higher the pay. It's not going to turn down what's been offered. Like Benitez in China.

We are talking about Ancelotti's ambition.

He's not at Everton for anything other than £11.5m.

Everton are a nothing club like 75% of the EPL which is why EPL clubs pay a premium to get talent to go to their clubs.

To think that people are attracted to the EPL for anything other than the money is just pure Sky Sports brainwashing.

Louther

Ok then. If Everton and half the EPL are nothing clubs then The SPL must be 3 levels below that.

Why do 99% of the clubs on all leagues bother?

Why do players play if they not at the top clubs?

Regardless, no manager at his level or any PL ambition is going to Celtic. Best you'll get Eddie Howe looking to do what Rodgers did and get himself back in shop window.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:10:25 PM
Ok then. If Everton and half the EPL are nothing clubs then The SPL must be 3 levels below that.

Why do 99% of the clubs on all leagues bother?

Why do players play if they not at the top clubs?

Regardless, no manager at his level or any PL ambition is going to Celtic. Best you'll get Eddie Howe looking to do what Rodgers did and get himself back in shop window.

I don't know, you can see half of the players brought in on 200k a week in the EPL don't bother anyway. Have you seen the performances of the likes of Everton, Burnley, Southampton and co in the Europa League in recent years.

Utterly pathetic. They are the equivalent of what the likes of Longford and Westmeath have become in the Leinster Championship - there to make up the numbers.

At a club like Celtic it does mean something though. Ask Shane Duffy if he found the switch to a club who has expectations on them easy to handle.

Louther

Burnley would win the SPL at a canter.

Shane Duffy is a nightmare and absolutely nothing to do with expectation or pressure! Laughable. There's been no crowds. He's a professional who should be able to handle playing at a team he later dreamt of playing with. Jesus wept!

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:28:04 PM
Burnley would win the SPL at a canter.

Shane Duffy is a nightmare and absolutely nothing to do with expectation or pressure! Laughable. There's been no crowds. He's a professional who should be able to handle playing at a team he later dreamt of playing with. Jesus wept!

Would they?

Rangers have done far better than Burnley on the European stage. Burnley just about scraped bast Aberdeen in a qualifier.

I think you are a Sky Sports addict who takes there cue from "Merse" and "Arry". Bet you're a Liverpool or Man Utd fan?

Louther

I'd actually credit Merson with more intelligence than you  ;D ;D

I like sport, no teams in EPL but if you want to watch a team at a similar level to Celtic, come and watch Dundalk when you can.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:37:20 PM
I'd actually credit Merson with more intelligence than you  ;D ;D

I like sport, no teams in EPL but if you want to watch a team at a similar level to Celtic, come and watch Dundalk when you can.

Your profile has your club down as Man U.

You want to try that one again.

I'm guessing you're actually dublin7's alias.

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 12:11:17 PM
Absolute horseshit.
I'm just going to dismantle your pathetic argument. First off, I'm a realist, you're a Celtic da.
QuoteCeltic are in the CL qualifying rounds for the last 9 years, qualified for them 3 years ago. I can't remember Everton being in the CL in my lifetime, can you?
What's your point? Celtic play in a 2-team league and for most of the last decade have had a bye. Everton qualified for CL in 2005 and also happen to play in a much more difficult and competitive league.
QuoteOf clubs with CL ambitions, Celtic have far more than Everton.
Yeah huge ambition alright, one of the fundamental failures of the club hierarchy has been the taking for granted of European football. Sell our best players and replace them with duds. Celtic have an absolutely embarrassing record in Europe.
QuoteThe only thing that makes those clubs appealing is the salary on offer. The Celtic job looks appealing to any manager if you put a £11.5m salary on the table so let's cut this horseshit about managing or playing for Everton, Crystal Palace or West Ham as being an attractive option, the only thing attractive about mid table mediocrity and the EPL is the salaries on offer.
Not once have I denied the financial appeal of the EPL. You seem to think that it's the only appeal (the rest of the world disagrees lol) You seem to  believe the Scottish Premiership is more appealing than the EPL. You actually believe that players, given the choice, should choose Celtic or Rangers over any EPL team. Are you really that delusional?
QuoteIf you believe the horseshit about the EPL attracting players for anything other than money then you have been brainwashed by Sky Sports.
Yeah. Every young lad dreams of playing Accies away on a shitty plastic pitch. Playing against some of the biggest names in world football in one of the best leagues in the world doesn't come into it. It's solely for the money. Not a football decision at all.
QuoteDo you think Rafa Benitez was wooed to the Chinese Superleague for anything other than a £12m salary?
of course it was for money but we aren't talking about China are we?