Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2021, 07:50:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2021, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2021, 04:46:34 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2021, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2021, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 08:01:58 PM
Why is someone like Ancelotti managing Everton?
Aye what manager wouldn't want to ply his trade in the biggest league in the world with a top club with genuine champions league ambitions, plenty of money and a decent squad

Biggest league in the world nonsense.

The only reason Ancelotti is there is because Everton are paying him £11.5m. It's nothing to do with playing for mid table mediocrity in an overhyped league. It's about money.

If Celtic pay a top manager the going rate then the top manager will go for them.

I don't think we can afford Ancelotti but we could certainly afford one of the managers I named above.

Everton do not have genuine CL ambitions. If Ancelotti has CL ambitions and winning trophies then Celtic are a bigger draw.
You are quite literally the most contrary person I've ever met. I explicitly mentioned money and in your retort tell me it's about money! And also, How the f**k do Everton not have CL ambitions? They're 6 points off 4th place with 2 games in hand. They're hardly paying Ancelotti to get them a top 8 finish. You're the epitome of a Celtic da with your delusions. Celtic are not a bigger draw than any top 10 premier league side and never will be!

Because they won't qualify. They will finish 15 points behind the places and probably miss out on the Europa League.

I'll give you 11.5m reasons why Ancelotti is at Everton and none of them are to do with CL football.
Do tell why they're paying him that much to manage them. I can't believe you are suggesting Everton don't have their sights on a champions league place.

Because it's the EPL.

Do you think they will get CL football? Do you really think Ancelotti is there for anything other than 11.5m per year?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Celtic would do your head in. These are like friendly matches now.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2021, 08:47:16 PM
Aye what manager wouldn't want to ply his trade in the biggest league in the world with a top club with genuine champions league ambitions, plenty of money and a decent squad

The only reason Ancelotti is there is because Everton are paying him £11.5m. It's nothing to do with playing for mid table mediocrity in an overhyped league. It's about money.

If Celtic pay a top manager the going rate then the top manager will go for them.

I don't think we can afford Ancelotti but we could certainly afford one of the managers I named above.

Everton do not have genuine CL ambitions. If Ancelotti has CL ambitions and winning trophies then Celtic are a bigger draw.
You are quite literally the most contrary person I've ever met. I explicitly mentioned money and in your retort tell me it's about money! And also, How the f**k do Everton not have CL ambitions? They're 6 points off 4th place with 2 games in hand. They're hardly paying Ancelotti to get them a top 8 finish. You're the epitome of a Celtic da with your delusions. Celtic are not a bigger draw than any top 10 premier league side and never will be!

Because they won't qualify. They will finish 15 points behind the places and probably miss out on the Europa League.

I'll give you 11.5m reasons why Ancelotti is at Everton and none of them are to do with CL football.
Do tell why they're paying him that much to manage them. I can't believe you are suggesting Everton don't have their sights on a champions league place.

Because it's the EPL.

Do you think they will get CL football? Do you really think Ancelotti is there for anything other than 11.5m per year?

Just shows you how much of a different stratosphere the EPL is in terms of money when Everton are able to pay 11.5m for a manager.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2021, 08:58:14 PM

Because it's the EPL.

Just shows you how much of a different stratosphere the EPL is in terms of money when Everton are able to pay 11.5m for a manager.

It's double what he was getting at Napoli where he was sacked just before he took the Everton job.

There's only one reason the likes of Ancelotti ends up at Everton. They made him a hell of an offer.

JimStynes

Celtic will always need to be careful with money when they're in the SPL. Surely the long term goal is to get out of that league and get into some sort of European league or ideally into England. Celtic fans won't like being a mid table team though.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2021, 09:10:16 PM
Celtic will always need to be careful with money when they're in the SPL. Surely the long term goal is to get out of that league and get into some sort of European league or ideally into England. Celtic fans won't like being a mid table team though.

We have a billionaire owner.

Maybe he should move aside if he has no intentions of putting his money in his pocket.

paddyjohn

Orior

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2021, 10:13:26 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2021, 09:33:44 PM
4-0 is not too shabby.

Wise up ffs. Killie are rank rotten

So are every other team that beat Celtic this season.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2021, 09:33:44 PM
4-0 is not too shabby.

Some use doing it now. Eddie played well but he just doesn't look bothered. About the 15th time this season thst I've said I'm not watching them again.

Main Street

Even a lacklustre Eddy is a diamond in the rough, about the only thing worth watching in that game.

general_lee

Because it's the EPL.

I think they are aiming for it. I think a club paying someone £11.5m is the sign that they have ambitions to reach the CL. Whether I think they will actually finish top 4 is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2021, 11:12:53 PM

Because it's the EPL.

I think they are aiming for it. I think a club paying someone £11.5m is the sign that they have ambitions to reach the CL. Whether I think they will actually finish top 4 is completely and utterly irrelevant.

I'm on about Ancelotti.

Do you think he's there for CL football? I'll give you 11.5m reasons he is at Everton.

Ancelotti earned €6m at Napoli, a few months after he is sacked he is offered a contract worth double that at Everton.

general_lee

I'd bet my mortgage that before he signed the contract, CL qualification was discussed. Why are they paying him £11.5m? To finish top 8?

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1194713/

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 03, 2021, 11:04:27 AM
I'd bet my mortgage that before he signed the contract, CL qualification was discussed. Why are they paying him £11.5m? To finish top 8?

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1194713/

I bet before he signed that contract £11.5m was demanded.

Everton have paid a manager double what he was getting at his previous club a few months before he was sacked from there? Why would they do that?

It's the same reason players go to China - money talks.

There is no allure in playing for a West Ham, Crystal Palace, Everton or Brighton. You've been watching too much Sky Sports if you think there is.

Yer man Haller at West Ham took a £40k paycut to join Ajax from West Ham.