?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

What is the point in signing Kenny?

A loan deal to do what exactly? Secure second place?

Sacking the management is the only way we move on from this miss but Lennon is adamant to hang around for his payout, being a Celtic man and all that.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

toby47

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 04:19:35 PM
What is the point in signing Kenny?

A loan deal to do what exactly? Secure second place?

Sacking the management is the only way we move on from this miss but Lennon is adamant to hang around for his payout, being a Celtic man and all that.

Agree, absolute waste of time/money

Main Street

Ntcham looks like he's off to Marseilles, I had totally forgotten about him, never mind that he was still a Celtic player.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 01, 2021, 03:29:05 PM
Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2021, 03:23:09 PM
The fact that Neil Lennon is still in a job is beyond me

Who would take it? When Rodgers left there wasn't one candidate that's why Lennon got the gig. The Celtic job is a massive step down for most managers. League 1 level.

Bullshit.

It's the biscuit tin mentality.

Lawwell wanted a yes man so he hired Lennon. If you pay top rate you get a top rate manager, look at some of the guys out coaching in China.

Just out of interest, who else was available to taken the job and, in your opinion, would have taken it

bennydorano

Quote from: Main Street on February 01, 2021, 04:41:08 PM
Ntcham looks like he's off to Marseilles, I had totally forgotten about him, never mind that he was still a Celtic player.
One of the reasons for the implosion this season, 2 or 3 times he's tried to get away and Celtic wouldn't let him go, then he took the huff (not unreasonably) and downed tools and helped poison the dressing room. Handled terribly by all at Celtic and has proved extremely costly imo.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 01, 2021, 05:02:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 01, 2021, 03:29:05 PM
Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2021, 03:23:09 PM
The fact that Neil Lennon is still in a job is beyond me

Who would take it? When Rodgers left there wasn't one candidate that's why Lennon got the gig. The Celtic job is a massive step down for most managers. League 1 level.

Bullshit.

It's the biscuit tin mentality.

Lawwell wanted a yes man so he hired Lennon. If you pay top rate you get a top rate manager, look at some of the guys out coaching in China.

Just out of interest, who else was available to taken the job and, in your opinion, would have taken it

Leonardo Jardim
Cesare Prandelli
Luciano Spalletti
David Wagner

tonto1888

What makes you think any of them would have taken the job

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 01, 2021, 05:54:57 PM

Why wouldn't they?

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on February 01, 2021, 05:31:09 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 01, 2021, 04:41:08 PM
One of the reasons for the implosion this season, 2 or 3 times he's tried to get away and Celtic wouldn't let him go, then he took the huff (not unreasonably) and downed tools and helped poison the dressing room. Handled terribly by all at Celtic and has proved extremely costly imo.
Agreed on the waste of time, energy and the negative fall out but it could transpire that Celtic get 9m for him, twice what they paid.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 06:03:25 PM

Why wouldn't they?

You're the one saying they were available and would have taken the job. So, why would they have taken the job

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 01, 2021, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 06:03:25 PM

Why wouldn't they?

You're the one saying they were available and would have taken the job. So, why would they have taken the job

I'm asking you why they wouldn't.

Why would they not take the job. The only reason that Celtic don't go for a manager like that is their biscuit tin mentality. If you pay a top manager the going rate then a club like Celtic provide a great platform to win trophies and make an impact on European football.

Why is someone like Ancelotti managing Everton?

Angelo

The fact that we're adding a right back in now on a loan deal until the end of the season says to me that Lennon is seeing this season out along with Cancer Lawwell.

MK

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 08:19:42 PM
The fact that we're adding a right back in now on a loan deal until the end of the season says to me that Lennon is seeing this season out along with Cancer Lawwell.

Neil Lennon has made it clear in a BBC interview he has no intention of following Lawell in leaving this summer.

"Why would it be my intention to go?" he stated.

Elsewhere Pat Bonner on a radio interview this evening quoted Jesse Marsch as  an ideal candidate to take the club forward.

Angelo

Quote from: MK on February 01, 2021, 08:48:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 08:19:42 PM

Neil Lennon has made it clear in a BBC interview he has no intention of following Lawell in leaving this summer.

"Why would it be my intention to go?" he stated.

Elsewhere Pat Bonner on a radio interview this evening quoted Jesse Marsch as  an ideal candidate to take the club forward.

Lennon should be gone now but Lawwell will probably keep him there until the end of the season. New CEO will want to get fans on board and appoint a new manager.

Main Street

The thing is when you have a complete delusional alternate reality loon like  Lennon in place right now, even Ted Lasso would look a very tempting proposition.