?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 09:29:47 AM
One season out of so many great ones and the reputations are tarnished? Expectations are very high, or the hatred of Rangers winning one title out of so many is more of a problem?
Everyone thought 10iar was an absolute certainty, that's the main issue, the fall from grace has been spectacular.

There's also a mental case section of all support bases and Celtic have their fare share. I see Rodgers praises being sung here (rightly so) but when he left he was the biggest Lundy in the world. Even Kieran Tierney got dog's abuse for wanting to better himself at Arsenal. There's no winning with some fans.

Angelo

Quote from: Silver hill on January 29, 2021, 08:46:27 AM
Angelo, you've made a number of unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations against Lawwell over the past year. He's the CEO of a football club and a small shareholder. It's the age old problem in any club, should the board run it as a business and return a profit every year or should they bankrupt themselves  trying to buy league titles and overextending themselves buying players. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember the whites and the Kelly's running Celtic into the ground in the 90s before Fergus McCann came in to rescue the club and steady the ship. We were almost gone in the same way Rangers  were in 2013. Which position would you prefer? Fans will naturally accuse the board of a lack of spend on players when leagues are not being won. You're implying that Lawwell has lined his pockets in his time at the club. Celtics turnover determines how much he's paid and if the market rate was 7-800k with bonuses then so be it. The balance sheet and league titles won during his tenure would say he has been a success. I do agree that Lennon was a poor appointment when Rodgers walked out and it should have been made clear that it was interim only until the end of that season.

I have said absolutely nothing unfounded against Lawwell.

As Celtic downsized the playing squad, sold off their best players and replaced them with players at a fraction of a price, cheapskated on a yes man manager after getting a 9m payoff for Rodgers - what happened?

The board handed Lawwell a huge bonus to make him the highest paid executive in European football. He is a heinous individual and he leaves with the utter contempt of any real Celtic fans.

Lawwell ran Celtic for his own financial gains, not the success on the football pitch. Maybe ask Brendan Rodgers about how he scuppered him and his ambitions for the club and for what gain? For Lawwell to become the highest paid executive in European football?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: straightred on January 29, 2021, 09:13:41 AM
Like him or not Celtic have been an extremely well run club for the best part of 20 years. I'm old enough to remember the old Board and the laughing stock the club were back then. Look at the tribute act and their predecessors for examples of how not to run a club. I was frustrated at times as well with the "cheap" mentality but equally I am appreciative of how well the club has been managed financially. CEOs aren't paid to be popular and Lawwell is clearly one of the better football CEOs.
Having said all that his legacy is badly tarnished by this season and Lennon in particular. A terrible appointment from day 1 only made worse by the stubbornness of keeping him there

Can agree with this. This season will cast a shadow over his legacy. Well, this season and heated driveways

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 09:57:41 AM
Angelo, you've made a number of unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations against Lawwell over the past year. He's the CEO of a football club and a small shareholder. It's the age old problem in any club, should the board run it as a business and return a profit every year or should they bankrupt themselves  trying to buy league titles and overextending themselves buying players. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember the whites and the Kelly's running Celtic into the ground in the 90s before Fergus McCann came in to rescue the club and steady the ship. We were almost gone in the same way Rangers  were in 2013. Which position would you prefer? Fans will naturally accuse the board of a lack of spend on players when leagues are not being won. You're implying that Lawwell has lined his pockets in his time at the club. Celtics turnover determines how much he's paid and if the market rate was 7-800k with bonuses then so be it. The balance sheet and league titles won during his tenure would say he has been a success. I do agree that Lennon was a poor appointment when Rodgers walked out and it should have been made clear that it was interim only until the end of that season.

As Celtic downsized the playing squad, sold off their best players and replaced them with players at a fraction of a price, cheapskated on a yes man manager after getting a 9m payoff for Rodgers - what happened?

The board handed Lawwell a huge bonus to make him the highest paid executive in European football. He is a heinous individual and he leaves with the utter contempt of any real Celtic fans.

Lawwell ran Celtic for his own financial gains, not the success on the football pitch. Maybe ask Brendan Rodgers about how he scuppered him and his ambitions for the club and for what gain? For Lawwell to become the highest paid executive in European football?

Saying Lawell ran Celtic for his own financial gains is pretty unfounded

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 29, 2021, 10:07:40 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 09:57:41 AM

Saying Lawell ran Celtic for his own financial gains is pretty unfounded

It's not unfounded.

Do you think recording profit after profit after profit which investment in the playing squad reducing further, further and further each year is unfounded?

Do you think 15 years without a winning a knockout tie in European football after Christmas with Lawwell's salary continuing to rise is unfounded?

They are both proven in our peformances on the pitch and in the financial statements we release every year. We know exactly what Lawwell got, we know exactly how the football club has been downsized and fallen way behind in Europe.

We know Lawwell is motivated by money, not by results, not by performances.

There is nothing unfounded there whatsoever.

A lot of the fans on here seem to be totally out of touch with the majority of Celtic fans and their views on Lawwell and the board and I think you can see the reason why, Lawwell was always a friend of their boy Lennon. Simple as that.

bennydorano

Not only is it unfounded it also highly libelous

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 10:35:22 AM

It's completely founded and proven.

We are a PLC and the our accounts are published, every year, payments to our board are disclosed, profits are disclosed and the amounts we make/spend of transfer purchases and sales are disclosed.

What other club in Europe has their executive as their highest earning club employee?

There's plenty of clubs who turn over profits, there are plenty of clubs who make record revenue. No big club in European football pays as much of their revenue to their chief executive than Peter Lawwell does to himself. He can find the money to make him one of the highest paid football executives in Europe but he cannot find a few hundred grand for John McGinn, he gets 9m for Rodgers when he leaves and decides to replace him with an out of work manager who was sacked by Bolton and Hibs in his last two jobs. Everything that Lawwell does is to benefit himself financially.

If it was libelous then I'm sure Davie Provan would have received legal papers by now. He has been calling Lawwell out on his salary and the clubs lack of investment in the playing squad for years now.

As usual, it seems Lennon's loyalists have deep ties to Lawwell who defend the indefensible. No doubt the same slow learners who were telling us that everything was fine 12 months ago and dissenters should shut up. Well the writing was on the wall and you should now be ashamed of yourselves.

JimStynes

Angelo your view of Celtic is seriously inflated. What gives Celtic the right to think they're even in the same bracket as Ajax. Massive support world wide due to the Irish link but no where near the same footballing prestige as Ajax. It will remain the same until they're out of the Scottish league.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 11:09:05 AM
Angelo your view of Celtic is seriously inflated. What gives Celtic the right to think they're even in the same bracket as Ajax. Massive support world wide due to the Irish link but no where near the same footballing prestige as Ajax. It will remain the same until they're out of the Scottish league.

My view of Celtic is not inflated. You seem to view Celtic as some tinpot club, we are not. We are ran like one though by an executive who trousers the money we make from selling our best players.

What is apparent is that the Armagh lads on here and their views are completely out of touch with the vast majority of Celtic fans. If you go on to the club's twitter account and look at the comments below the announcement you will realise the deep disdain that is held for Lawwell and how he has mismanaged the club. The vast, vast majority of comments are utterly, utterly scathing of the man.

On here you have a load of lads who seem more worried about how a local lad and his acquaintacnes are looked after than the football club itself.

You guys are completely out of touch and you're embarrassing yourselves defending this shit.

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 10:51:34 AM

We are a PLC and the our accounts are published, every year, payments to our board are disclosed, profits are disclosed and the amounts we make/spend of transfer purchases and sales are disclosed.

What other club in Europe has their executive as their highest earning club employee?

There's plenty of clubs who turn over profits, there are plenty of clubs who make record revenue. No big club in European football pays as much of their revenue to their chief executive than Peter Lawwell does to himself. He can find the money to make him one of the highest paid football executives in Europe but he cannot find a few hundred grand for John McGinn, he gets 9m for Rodgers when he leaves and decides to replace him with an out of work manager who was sacked by Bolton and Hibs in his last two jobs. Everything that Lawwell does is to benefit himself financially.

If it was libelous then I'm sure Davie Provan would have received legal papers by now. He has been calling Lawwell out on his salary and the clubs lack of investment in the playing squad for years now.

As usual, it seems Lennon's loyalists have deep ties to Lawwell who defend the indefensible. No doubt the same slow learners who were telling us that everything was fine 12 months ago and dissenters should shut up. Well the writing was on the wall and you should now be ashamed of yourselves.
He pays himself?? Ffs I've heard it all now.

tonto1888

There is absolutely no point in arguing with Angelo. It's like playing chess with pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over, shits on the board and struts around like it has won

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 10:51:34 AM

He pays himself?? Ffs I've heard it all now.

Your ignorance is astounding. Do you have any comprehension of the roles and duties of a CEO?

The problem is you're out of touch with the Celtic fanbase and you're going around making idle threats to posters who call out the absolute mess Lawwell has made of this football club.

15 years without winning a knockout tie after Christmas in European football. How much do you think Lawwell made in that time period? 30m? 30m for a suit who has turned Celtic into a laughing stock in European football.

Bar a little pocket in Armagh/Down, Celtic fans are absolutely delighted to see the back of Lawwell and the damage he has done to this football club.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 29, 2021, 11:29:21 AM
There is absolutely no point in arguing with Angelo. It's like playing chess with pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over, shits on the board and struts around like it has won

There's no point because you are dug in.

You're on here defending the indefensible and the pathetic level of some of the posts you guys are trying to make to censor someone who shows them up is risible.

Why are you guys, so called Celtic fans, so, so, so out of touch with the Celtic fanbase on this.

Go on to Twitter and see the reaction to him leaving, he is utterly loathed but somewhere in Armagh Lawwell is a demigod for employing a hapless coach from Lurgan.

You and your little cohort are embarrassing yourselves on here.

bennydorano

Pays himself  ::) I think Dermot Desmond and the board might have a thing or two to say about that.

Didn't realise i was defending him by the way? Maybe in Angeloland?

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
Pays himself  ::) I think Dermot Desmond and the board might have a thing or two to say about that.

Didn't realise i was defending him by the way? Maybe in Angeloland?

Again, the ignorance here is astounding.

Have you managed to clock yet that Lawwell sits on the board that dictate their own pay. Lawwell and the board are one and the same, fat Tories getting rich off running the club down.

You are defending him here. You are as tone deaf with the Celtic support as Lawwell was.

All this loyalty bought because he gave Lennon a job he was not qualified or fit to do.