?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

straightred

Quote from: JimStynes on January 27, 2021, 04:53:19 PM
I think once Eddie and few others leave we will be left with a collection of very average players who have been on the decline for a while now. Eddie's form last year saved Celtic massively, there wasn't a whole lot of players playing well last year either.  I'm actually still not convinced we would have won the league last year only the pin was pulled early. Lennon has to go but there must be a reason why they haven't done it yet. I'm hoping they're making a clear out and going to get replacements sorted first.

Covid saved Gerrard's job. They were in freefall.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 27, 2021, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:12:27 PM
Ben Davies, 25 yr old centre half looks set to sign from Preston on a pre contract. Probably Ajer's replacement for next season.

Is he any good?

Not sure, Bournemouth are said to be in for him too. Talk Celtic could get him in before the end of the window if we agree a fee.

Elsewhere, after taking credit for the development of Frimpong yesterday, Lennon has now thrown Barkas under the bus tonight.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2021, 09:50:24 PM
The Fat Buffalo gets away with another shocker

Yet again the the rules stink. He'll get a ban but they got to play with 11 men not for the 1st time this season. No penalties conceded and no red cards this season. Celtic have bigger issues this season but this kind of cr*p should not be still happening. Tonight's red was blatant. He didn't even get a yellow. Also a stone wall peno not given to hibs

straightred

I see the Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs have issued a veiled threat regarding season ticket renewals to the Celtic Board.
https://www.aicsc.com/aicsc-statement-3/

Angelo

Quote from: straightred on January 27, 2021, 10:14:33 PM

Yet again the the rules stink. He'll get a ban but they got to play with 11 men not for the 1st time this season. No penalties conceded and no red cards this season. Celtic have bigger issues this season but this kind of cr*p should not be still happening. Tonight's red was blatant. He didn't even get a yellow. Also a stone wall peno not given to hibs

We were always going to have to be 10 points better off this season anyway. It will always happen.

If we had any confidence in the management of the club, they would be absolutely frothing at the mouth for the introduction of VAR in Scottish football.

I've never known a big club in a domestic league like Celtic to get so many crazy decisions against them. It's been happening for decades.

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 10:18:59 PM

We were always going to have to be 10 points better off this season anyway. It will always happen.

If we had any confidence in the management of the club, they would be absolutely frothing at the mouth for the introduction of VAR in Scottish football.

I've never known a big club in a domestic league like Celtic to get so many crazy decisions against them. It's been happening for decades.

The rangers penalty and card stats are unbelievable, their discipline must be absolutely amazing. Oh wAit, Morelos is easily the most ill disciplined player I have ever seen. His discipline has not improved at all, it's just that he acts with total impunity. Tbf Rangers have benefitted from various advantages over the years but never went 23 points up in January. Regardless of Rangers making the most of their advantages , Celtic have been abysmal in league, league cup , Scottish cup, champions league and Europa league.  I've been following Celtic for nearly 50 years , I never remember as bad a run. NL deserves sympathy and respect for the dreadful sectarian abuse he suffered as a result of his association with Celtic , but he doesn't help himself. Throwing barkas under the bus today. Throwing Conor Hazard and young players under the bus yesterday , crafty enough to praise the way the club's been run over the years, and even claiming credit for Frimpong's development despite the fact that the lad has gone backwards and couldn't wait to get away. What other manager of a high profile club , in second place in the league would be describing offloading one of your best players as a great bit of business. I wish NL the best in whatever his future holds but sadly that can't be at Celtic , as he has lost all credibility at this stage

StPatsAbu

Lennon and Celtic's poor performances is one thing. But the agenda to ensure the Rangers won this year on max available points, was obviously hatched by the refs club. No sendings off, no penos against and soft penos when in tight games. Again, ignoring Celtic's poor perf, this is essentially the same Rangers team who couldn't win a match after Christmas last year, now winning every game thanks to their buddy refs.

6th sam

Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 28, 2021, 01:15:40 AM

Lennon and Celtic's poor performances is one thing. But the agenda to ensure the Rangers won this year on max available points, was obviously hatched by the refs club. No sendings off, no penos against and soft penos when in tight games. Again, ignoring Celtic's poor perf, this is essentially the same Rangers team who couldn't win a match after Christmas last year, now winning every game thanks to their buddy refs.

It's been a perfect storm for rangers. Celtic have completely imploded for whatever reason. Lennon, sadly has underperformed and the board have allowed that to happen unchecked. Celtic's years of dominance have come back to bite them, as other clubs are always happy to see big and "arrogant" clubs knocked off their perch . Subconsciously refs won't do Celtic any favours, after 9 years of dominance. However Ranger's disciplinary stats this season are off the scale and should be open to scrutiny. The fact that Morelos repetitive dangerous play and conduct has been allowed to continue is bizarre. Even Kris Boyd called it out last night. If Morelos committed last night's horrendous stamp in the street , he'd be arrested. Morelos is going to seriously injure someone, and Scottish officials must shoulder most of the blame,
. His behaviour is not even "reckless" , it's wilful cowardly assault usually when opponents are vulnerable .
This is a sideshow , and not sour grapes, as it's only one of several reasons for Rangers success . But I've never seen anything like his repetitive dangerous behaviour in any sport. Absolutely incredible.

tonto1888

Let's get one thing straight. The reason Celtic won't win the league this year isn't down to refs or some big conspiracy. It's because of how poor we have been top to bottom.
That said, the leniency shown to rangers this year has been shocking

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 28, 2021, 12:17:22 PM
Let's get one thing straight. The reason Celtic won't win the league this year isn't down to refs or some big conspiracy. It's because of how poor we have been top to bottom.

100%. Celtic have been crap and the reason they're 20 odd points behind rangers.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 28, 2021, 12:17:22 PM

It's nothing new anyway but completely inrrelevant this season.

The Frimpong sale means we have now turned over a net profit in transfers for a third year running.

bannside

And most likely ensures that Mr Lawell qualifies for his bonus, which is entirely centred around financial performance and not Celtic playing performance. When he eventually goes it will be with very deep pockets.

Of course that means shareholders are happy too. In fact everyone seems to be happy except the people who make it happen, the silly gullible supporters who believe the Celtic Board have any ambition left to be a big club. We are a mere vehicle for the annual return of company dividends to shareholders.

Angelo

Quote from: bannside on January 28, 2021, 03:10:46 PM
And most likely ensures that Mr Lawell qualifies for his bonus, which is entirely centred around financial performance and not Celtic playing performance. When he eventually goes it will be with very deep pockets.

Of course that means shareholders are happy too. In fact everyone seems to be happy except the people who make it happen, the silly gullible supporters who believe the Celtic Board have any ambition left to be a big club. We are a mere vehicle for the annual return of company dividends to shareholders.

Which is important that fans put their foot down and not renew season tickets until such time as changes at board room level and on the sideline have taken place.

Angelo

Elsewhere.

Ben Davies (Preston) has signed a pre-contract with Celtic, left sided centre half.

Don't really know much about him.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 27, 2021, 11:55:59 AM
A total clear out and a rebuild using whatever money can be got from Eddie, Ntcham, Ajer etc is needed.

Would have no issue with any of them leaving at the end of season.

To be honest the only players I would be keen to keep are MJ and Turnbull.

Possibly Calmac, if he is coached properly again and used in the correct postion, maybe Soro.

New manager, new head of scouting, new chairman a must.

In theory that is fine and I agree with it.

But the only way this is sorted is if Lawwell goes and the only way this happens is if the fans unite and keep the money away from the club.

I believe we have a talented playing squad that is greatly underachieving at present, I don't think the playing side of things needs that much surgery. As the banner outside Celtic Park said yesterday "mismanaged at every level".

Well, I think there must be something in the water. I agree 100%.