Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Think some fans need a reality check. The sense of entitlement and hysterics is almost Rangers-like. "Big club" moniker has been bandied about the last 24 hours. Some things have been completely uncontrollable and out of the clubs hands.

That said; the things the club could control, the things the management could and should have done, but failed to,  have over the course of 18 months or so led us to where we are now. It is unforgivable the mismanagement that has went on in that period of time. All the injuries and covid and whatever else have been overshadowed by reluctance to spend, shite signings when they do, embarrassing results, clueless tactics and a rudderless team devoid of leaders.

I'd happily sacrifice 10IAR if it means a complete clear out.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on January 03, 2021, 01:25:47 PM
Think some fans need a reality check. The sense of entitlement and hysterics is almost Rangers-like. "Big club" moniker has been bandied about the last 24 hours. Some things have been completely uncontrollable and out of the clubs hands.

That said; the things the club could control, the things the management could and should have done, but failed to,  have over the course of 18 months or so led us to where we are now. It is unforgivable the mismanagement that has went on in that period of time. All the injuries and covid and whatever else have been overshadowed by reluctance to spend, shite signings when they do, embarrassing results, clueless tactics and a rudderless team devoid of leaders.

You're completely misphrasing the debate. Celtic are a massive club in the same way clubs like Ajax, Porto, Benfica etc are. We shouldn't have a pub league manager who was sacked from Hibs and Bolton in charge of the club.

We have been eliminated on three successive occasions from CL football to three inferior teams with vastly less resources and budgets. It has cost the club nearly £100m of revenue. Celtic are a big club, there is no reason why they can't do what the likes of Porto, Ajax, Benfica, Salzburg etc do at European level.

Nobody here has said we should be going out and buying players from the EPL for £40m but we should be looking at our peers across the leagues in the likes of Holland, Portugal, Austria, Greece etc and how they perform at European level and how Celtic's budget is a lot more favourable.

Take that grouping of 40 clubs out then it's clear that Celtic are one of the richest clubs in Europe.

Look at what a club like Atalanta are achieving in Italy. Back to back top 4 finishes, back to back CL last 16 appearances.

They pick up unheard players from the likes of Gronigen, Heracles, Zurich etc and establish them into first team regulars in a highly successful team.

Celtic need to invest in proper structures and a proper management setup. We need to put that money into getting things right, it's there sitting in the club's bank account, it's sitting in our billionaire majority shareholder's bank account.

There should be a draw to Celtic, they compete for titles on a regular basis, they should be in the CL and have European football on a regular basis, they do have good facilities and an extremely passionate fanbase, the European nights at Celtic Park are what players across Europe do talk about regularly. Celtic are a good sell. They have the finances to compete with clubs from Spain, France, Germany and Italy outside their top 4/5 clubs. They have finances to compete with any club in the other European leagues so it really comes down to ambition and the Celtic board have shown none, they are happy to asset strip the club to line their own pockets.

The fan groupings need to hold the board to account, I think the fanbase have to make a stand that they won't renew their season tickets until such times as Lawwell resigns.

Back the team, sack the board.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

michaelg

Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 03, 2021, 11:53:24 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 11:34:42 AM
Conspiracy theories?

Aye. Jim Farry never intervened to stop a Celtic signing from playing in an Old Firm game.

You'd need to by some deranged nutjob not to accept that the SFA has always had an extreme bias to Rangers.
Do you really think a club that has won the league title 51 times have been subject to bias against them?

Never said that. I said that they have benefited from referees and a football association with a clear bias to them and only a nutjob like Sid could look at the facts and deny that.
And my point would be that they can't have benefited too much if Rangers have won 54 to Celtic's 51 titles, particualry when you consider that Rangers were established 15 years before Celtic.

illdecide

Is Angela and Marty34 the same person?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: michaelg on January 03, 2021, 02:43:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 03, 2021, 11:53:24 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 11:34:42 AM
Conspiracy theories?

Aye. Jim Farry never intervened to stop a Celtic signing from playing in an Old Firm game.

You'd need to by some deranged nutjob not to accept that the SFA has always had an extreme bias to Rangers.
Do you really think a club that has won the league title 51 times have been subject to bias against them?

Never said that. I said that they have benefited from referees and a football association with a clear bias to them and only a nutjob like Sid could look at the facts and deny that.
And my point would be that they can't have benefited too much if Rangers have won 54 to Celtic's 51 titles, particualry when you consider that Rangers were established 15 years before Celtic.

Doesn't really make sense. Celtic had far more success in European competitions in that time.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on January 03, 2021, 03:12:03 PM

Are you and Apples the same person?

Angelo

I don't think you can say much more about Scottish football than the leader of Scottish Tories flagging to have a Celtic player sent off at Ibrox against Rangers.

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 03:29:52 PM
I don't think you can say much more about Scottish football than the leader of Scottish Tories flagging to have a Celtic player sent off at Ibrox against Rangers.

So politicians aren't allowed support a football team? Do you think this affected how the referee judged Bitton's rugby tackle?

While I didn't see this alledged claim all it does really does is piss off Celtic supporters which could cost votes or impress Rangers fans that could gain votes come election time

marty34

Thats a silly comment.

You're completely out of touch with 99% of Celtic supporters.  This love in with Lennon needs to end.

It'd be great if Lennon was the lad who lead Celtic to the 10 but he's been found out big time.  No Celtic supporter, apart from you, wants him in charge. That's a fact.

All agree also that Lennon is only part of the problem - Lawell is the major problem but the both need to go.

Take the blinkers off.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 03, 2021, 03:38:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 03:29:52 PM

So politicians aren't allowed support a football team? Do you think this affected how the referee judged Bitton's rugby tackle?

While I didn't see this alledged claim all it does really does is piss off Celtic supporters which could cost votes or impress Rangers fans that could gain votes come election time

Eh he was a linesman you daftie and flagged the referee to give Simunovic a very controversial red card.

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on January 03, 2021, 03:44:26 PM

Thats a silly comment.

You're completely out of touch with 99% of Celtic supporters.  This love in with Lennon needs to end.

It'd be great if Lennon was the lad who lead Celtic to the 10 but he's been found out big time.  No Celtic supporter, apart from you, wants him in charge. That's a fact.

All agree also that Lennon is only part of the problem - Lawell is the major problem but the both need to go.

Take the blinkers off.

WTF are you talking about, I gave him every chance and gave him my full backing until it did not warrant it. I have continually this last month or more said NL has to go, the problem is you're listening to Angela too much. I haven't backed NL in quite a while but other clowns keep posting up because we're from the same town that i'm blinded by loyalty blah blah...Read my recent posts and you will see that i've said numerous times that the Board need to replace him. I said what i said as you just repeat everything Angela says or give him kudos for his comments and to be fair i don't disagree with everything he says or posts it's just the repeat repeat crap that's annoying but on a positive note i don't see his posts anymore.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

skeog

Lads nobody at CP gives 2 hoots what Angelo or anyone else are saying.The team are in Dubai time for a few others to take a siesta.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on January 03, 2021, 03:59:05 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 03, 2021, 03:44:26 PM

Thats a silly comment.

Take the blinkers off.

WTF are you talking about, I gave him every chance and gave him my full backing until it did not warrant it. I have continually this last month or more said NL has to go, the problem is you're listening to Angela too much. I haven't backed NL in quite a while but other clowns keep posting up because we're from the same town that i'm blinded by loyalty blah blah...Read my recent posts and you will see that i've said numerous times that the Board need to replace him. I said what i said as you just repeat everything Angela says or give him kudos for his comments and to be fair i don't disagree with everything he says or posts it's just the repeat repeat crap that's annoying but on a positive note i don't see his posts anymore.

Would you cop yourself on you bampot.

You were on here goading posters anytime we won after another inept performance, digging your heels in about how Lennon was the right man for the job. You were insulting any poster who voiced concerns about the manager and his ability to lead this team. I've been proven right on Lennon and you've been shown up to be nothing more that an arrogant, pompous little Neil Lennon cheerleader.

For once in your life show a big of grace.

Angelo

I was also recently pm'd about the real reason illdecide tries to insult and bully anyone who criticises Neil Lennon's ability to manage the team.

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on January 03, 2021, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 03, 2021, 01:25:47 PM

You're completely misphrasing the debate. Celtic are a massive club in the same way clubs like Ajax, Porto, Benfica etc are. We shouldn't have a pub league manager who was sacked from Hibs and Bolton in charge of the club.

We have been eliminated on three successive occasions from CL football to three inferior teams with vastly less resources and budgets. It has cost the club nearly £100m of revenue. Celtic are a big club, there is no reason why they can't do what the likes of Porto, Ajax, Benfica, Salzburg etc do at European level.

Nobody here has said we should be going out and buying players from the EPL for £40m but we should be looking at our peers across the leagues in the likes of Holland, Portugal, Austria, Greece etc and how they perform at European level and how Celtic's budget is a lot more favourable.

Take that grouping of 40 clubs out then it's clear that Celtic are one of the richest clubs in Europe.

Look at what a club like Atalanta are achieving in Italy. Back to back top 4 finishes, back to back CL last 16 appearances.

They pick up unheard players from the likes of Gronigen, Heracles, Zurich etc and establish them into first team regulars in a highly successful team.

Celtic need to invest in proper structures and a proper management setup. We need to put that money into getting things right, it's there sitting in the club's bank account, it's sitting in our billionaire majority shareholder's bank account.

There should be a draw to Celtic, they compete for titles on a regular basis, they should be in the CL and have European football on a regular basis, they do have good facilities and an extremely passionate fanbase, the European nights at Celtic Park are what players across Europe do talk about regularly. Celtic are a good sell. They have the finances to compete with clubs from Spain, France, Germany and Italy outside their top 4/5 clubs. They have finances to compete with any club in the other European leagues so it really comes down to ambition and the Celtic board have shown none, they are happy to asset strip the club to line their own pockets.

The fan groupings need to hold the board to account, I think the fanbase have to make a stand that they won't renew their season tickets until such times as Lawwell resigns.

Back the team, sack the board.
Celtic is a massive name in football, nothing more and nothing less. No financial clout, and outside of Scotland unable to compete in Europe (even forgetting the last three seasons). Again you have your bee in your bonnet with  Lennon, it goes far beyond him (who might I remind you left both Hibs and Bolton by mutual consent and left both clubs in better shape than what he found them).

The reality is Celtic are at the same level as the bottom half of the English championship. They are currently not in the top 40 clubs in Europe. You are a prime example of the delusions of grandeur so many Celtic fans have. You pick out Atlanta, who play in serie A - As if Celtic can ever dream of the millions of tv money they get thrown at them every year. May as well compare them to Leicester City. The financial resources these clubs have far outweighs anything Celtic have.

Benfica, Ajax, Salzburg, Porto all play in better leagues. All have more tv money thrown at them bar Austria but Salzburg have red bull funding them - they've made like €300m+ in the last 6 years from transfers alone. I agree the club needs investment, especially in the first team, but until a new European league is formed (or sone wealthy sheiks come calling) the club  will continue to plod along at the level they're at.