Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: marty34 on December 20, 2020, 04:49:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 20, 2020, 04:42:01 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 20, 2020, 04:31:31 PM
3-2. Griffiths, assist by Brown.

It's almost as if some fans want defeat today

I think the majority of Celtic fans would take a defeat in order to get Lennon to get to f*#k.

They'd say they'd take that trade off.

The Lennon Loyalists in the Celtic support don't take valid criticism too well and will try and personalise this.

They should be reminded that the club is bigger than any person and right now Lennon is destroying this club.

If you check all the Twitter accounts, you'll not find any Lennon supporters. 

They all want him booted out.  He's ruined his legacy.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he has ruined his legacy

bennydorano

Destroyed his legacy by delivering a World Record quadruple treble!

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2020, 05:18:26 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 20, 2020, 04:58:23 PM
Happy days :)

Shame on all the 'fans' who wanted to see the history of 4x3 denied, disgraceful.

Some of them on this board.

Will take that result all day long.
I tipped Hearts to win, doesn't mean I wanted them to win.
And they could have won it and not undeserved seeing as their players probably have to pay in order to play.

balladmaker

Well done Neil Lennon and Celtic.  Hopefully that's the corner finally turned this season.  3pts mid week, and another 3 next weekend, has to happen.

illdecide

On the game itself first half we were decent and deserved 2-0 but from there onwards Celtic were 2nd best with Hearts looking the more likely to go on and win it. Can't lie and say anything different but i was convinced Hearts were going to win the penalties. Conor Hazard was very poor in the game in general but did make up for it saving two penalties but Celtic's biggest problems are at the back with keeper and defence. Every time a set piece is against us it looks like we're going to concede. Frazer Forster is a must next month and two defenders is a must too.

S Brown was actually decent today so don't know what game you guys were watching, Turnbull huffed and puffed but didn't really do much and I thought it was the right call to sub him off. Shame on you so called Celtic supporters who wanted Hearts to win, you are not Celtic supporters but just muppets.

On NL...I haven't changed my mind on him and still feel his days are numbered but I hope Celtic deal with it the right way and give him the kudos he deserves, there is no way back for him (it's hard to believe after winning the cup fans are calling for his head) but that's the fickle football fans for you. I thought we were starting to improve but it looks like two steps forward and one step back, I do feel for NL the way the fans have turned on him after everything he's done for Celtic but unfortunately he's done all he can and even if the miracle happened and he did win the 10 it still wouldn't be enough.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on December 20, 2020, 05:39:13 PM
On the game itself first half we were decent and deserved 2-0 but from there onwards Celtic were 2nd best with Hearts looking the more likely to go on and win it. Can't lie and say anything different but i was convinced Hearts were going to win the penalties. Conor Hazard was very poor in the game in general but did make up for it saving two penalties but Celtic's biggest problems are at the back with keeper and defence. Every time a set piece is against us it looks like we're going to concede. Frazer Forster is a must next month and two defenders is a must too.

S Brown was actually decent today so don't know what game you guys were watching, Turnbull huffed and puffed but didn't really do much and I thought it was the right call to sub him off. Shame on you so called Celtic supporters who wanted Hearts to win, you are not Celtic supporters but just muppets.

On NL...I haven't changed my mind on him and still feel his days are numbered but I hope Celtic deal with it the right way and give him the kudos he deserves, there is no way back for him (it's hard to believe after winning the cup fans are calling for his head) but that's the fickle football fans for you. I thought we were starting to improve but it looks like two steps forward and one step back, I do feel for NL the way the fans have turned on him after everything he's done for Celtic but unfortunately he's done all he can and even if the miracle happened and he did win the 10 it still wouldn't be enough.

Hard to disagree with any if this. Lennon should walk now after that I think. Doubt he will though

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on December 20, 2020, 05:25:51 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2020, 05:18:26 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 20, 2020, 04:58:23 PM
Happy days :)

Shame on all the 'fans' who wanted to see the history of 4x3 denied, disgraceful.

Some of them on this board.

Will take that result all day long.
I tipped Hearts to win, doesn't mean I wanted them to win.
And they could have won it and not undeserved seeing as their players probably have to pay in order to play.

There's a difference between tipping them tk win and actually wanting them to win

6th sam

Quote from: general on December 20, 2020, 04:59:54 PM
Fantastic to see a young local lad excell for the hoops. We'll done Conor Hazard. That was a hard watch however..atrocious defending

Well done Conor Hazard  only 3rd start for the first team , cup debut, saving two penalties , showed some character. Delighted for the big Saul man

StPatsAbu

If Celtic had signed Forster in the summer things could be been very different. It's the most important position on the field. A poor GK causes panic in the defence. And unless Celtic sign a very good keeper in Jan they will ship lots more goals and points.

Well done NL on the quad treble but time to rebuild under a new man. The look on Naismith's face at the end was worth letting the lead slip and going to penos.  ;D

ONeill

I don't see much of Celtic but tuned in today. The Celtic I knew at this level zipped passes about and pressed like fook. Today they looked really flat and technically very similar to their opponents. The commentator was saying it was mostly the same players who blitzed all-comers last few years.

What's up? If it was motivation, surely the 10 in a row was as good as any.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on December 20, 2020, 08:33:11 PM
I don't see much of Celtic but tuned in today. The Celtic I knew at this level zipped passes about and pressed like fook. Today they looked really flat and technically very similar to their opponents. The commentator was saying it was mostly the same players who blitzed all-comers last few years.

Get ready for a lengthy Angelo reply

6th sam

Quote from: StPatsAbu on December 20, 2020, 08:28:50 PM
If Celtic had signed Forster in the summer things could be been very different. It's the most important position on the field. A poor GK causes panic in the defence. And unless Celtic sign a very good keeper in Jan they will ship lots more goals and points.

Well done NL on the quad treble but time to rebuild under a new man. The look on Naismith's face at the end was worth letting the lead slip and going to penos.  ;D

Was it the goalkeeper's fault that Odsonne Eduard has become a totally ineffective striker? 3 different keepers have started for Celtic this year and all 3 have witnessed indecision and awful mistakes from defenders far from goal and in the box. We have conceded loads of goals from set pieces , and our goals seem to come mainly from individual brilliance or penalties . Surely That's down to organisation . Much as I respect Lennon's achievements and think he has suffered enormously as a result of his Celtic connection,  it appears himself and his  coaching team have serious deficiencies this year, and with constant negativity from outside, it's easy to "lose the changing room". Can he turn it round? Don't know, I'll leave it to the experts but he deserves credit for adding today's trophy to his list of honours

marty34

Celtic have recently got beat by Ross County recently in the League Cup, at home - who incidently booted their manager last week.

Hearts, who Celtic played today, got relegated 'last season' and are a Div. 1 team. 2-0 and Celtic nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  A piece of magic from Christie was the difference in the first half.

Great achievement by a lot of players and managers along the way on the quadruple treble but let's not get carried away with 'this is the corner turning'.

Celtic were very lucky today.  A bit of reality is needed.   Lennon is hopeless in terms of tactics and formations etc.

ned

Quote from: marty34 on December 20, 2020, 09:26:26 PM

Celtic have recently got beat by Ross County recently in the League Cup, at home - who incidently booted their manager last week.

Hearts, who Celtic played today, got relegated 'last season' and are a Div. 1 team. 2-0 and Celtic nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  A piece of magic from Christie was the difference in the first half.

Great achievement by a lot of players and managers along the way on the quadruple treble but let's not get carried away with 'this is the corner turning'.

Celtic were very lucky today.  A bit of reality is needed.   Lennon is hopeless in terms of tactics and formations etc.

Today wasn't really about the performance, although if Edouard had been on his game we would have had 4 in first half.
Today was the culmination of 4 years of remarkable achievement. We weren't lucky for the previous 11 trophies so maybe we were due one. I'll be enjoying this for years to come and couldn't give a f**k how it was done. We'll worry about a new manager later.

marty34

Quote from: ned on December 20, 2020, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 20, 2020, 09:26:26 PM

Today wasn't really about the performance, although if Edouard had been on his game we would have had 4 in first half.
Today was the culmination of 4 years of remarkable achievement. We weren't lucky for the previous 11 trophies so maybe we were due one. I'll be enjoying this for years to come and couldn't give a f**k how it was done. We'll worry about a new manager later.

Question, would you take the quadruple treble or the 10 in a row?

The longer Lennon stays on, in my opinion, the 10 in a row disappears over the horizon.

He should have been booted out 3 months ago.