Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Better 2nd half thats for sure and a clean sheet too. League still looks a long shot but just keep plugging away with no more dropped pts and see what happens. Need to get these games in hand played and hopefully Sevco will drop a few pts somewhere before we go to Ibrox
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Rangers will still go the rest of the season unbeaten and win at the canter.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

MoChara

Shane Duffy Interview from the S*n
Not posting a link to give them views, i'll post the article here.

DUFF GOING Celtic ace Shane Duffy says he would have hurled abuse at himself as he opens up on 'tough year'

SHANE DUFFY would have hurled abuse at himself.

His Celtic performances were so bad he couldn't blame Neil Lennon for dropping him.

This wasn't how he imagined life at the club he grew up supporting.

Having lost his dad earlier this year it had turned into a horrendous time for the 28-year-old.

The 28-year-old's wife and kids were back home in Ireland and here he was going through the toughest time of his life.

But when the going gets tough, the Duff gets going.

And after scoring against Killie yesterday he revealed he's more determined than ever to become a Celtic success.

Duffy said: "The Celtic fans haven't seen me before and since I've come into the club I haven't been me.

"I understand the criticism. I wouldn't be happy with myself either to be honest, if I was watching me play from the stands.

"I'm realistic and know what levels I can get to.

"I'll just keep chipping away and it'll be a lot more than this to keep me down.

"I've had a tough year and no-one really sees what goes on behind the scenes in people's lives.

"My dad was a massive part of my life and I lost him.

"It's hard as he was the one I'd speak to about everything in life. My two kids also live back in Derry and I'm up here alone.

"With the Covid restrictions I can't really interact with the team as much as I'd like.

"But I'm big and ugly enough to understand I have got to do better on the park. That's what I'm paid to do and it's a job I love.

"It's up to me to get my head down but I know what this club means to the lads and what it means to me and my family.

"Maybe I took things a little bit to heart and was trying too hard to do well here and not let everyone down.

"But it affected me when things weren't going well and I was all over the show. That's just me being honest.

"It's been tough. It's hard for me to explain because this isn't the way I wanted things to go. I'm my own biggest critic as well.

"I need to dig in. I've had a lot of tougher things that's happened to me in my life and have coped.

"I know my form hasn't been good enough but I also know I can come back stronger.

"The gaffer has been brilliant with me. I actually felt he took me out of the team at the right time because my form wasn't good.

"He's done the right thing by me and picked the time to bring me back in.

"I watched the team from the sidelines and was able to see what I could learn.

"I feel I'm still getting to know the players and it's not been easy. But it was obvious to see my form had dipped.

"However, I have a great manager who's been brilliant with me.

"He knows all about it, having been at Celtic for so long — and he knows what to do with me.

"He also knows what kind of player I am and how determined I am to bring something positive to this team.

"That's why I'm not getting carried away. It's been a good week but I still have a lot more to show Celtic fans."

Duffy had a heart to heart with Lennon when he was dropped from the team for two games and feels indebted to the Celtic boss.

He added: "The manager is a big reason why I came here because of the faith he showed in me to try and get me here.

"He's been brilliant from the day that I walked into the club and gives you confidence.

"Listen, I wouldn't have put myself out the way he did.

"He's been great with me. He came around and he really cares about players and their emotions.

"He knows I was going through a tough time, I've really never had a manager like that before who would come around and care.

"How are you getting on in life? How are you handling it up here? It meant a lot to me and I'll always respect him for that.

"Hopefully, I can repay him with some wins."

There was even talk of Duffy's loan deal from Brighton ending early but he vowed that won't be happening, adding: "I don't listen to that. I don't know where it has come from. I'm here.

"It would be a coward of me to leave without producing. It's not in me and I would never do that."

Duffy knows the Celtic fans aren't won over quite yet. Hundreds demonstrated against the board ahead of yesterday's game, while APPLAUDING the team off the bus.

But it's only weeks ago they were hurling abuse at the players.

Duffy added: "Listen, there's been ugly scenes and that's not really what Celtic is about.

"The stuff today with them backing you, it gives you goosebumps.

"I wish the stadium was full and I could really experience it, but I'm hoping I get the chance.

"It's a special club with special supporters.

"We know they are always behind us. As any supporter is, they are frustrated as they know there is a lot more in the team and we haven't shown it.

"We've had a terrible Europa League, the Rangers game and a couple of draws. They are frustrated and I understand it.

"I've grown up with it all my life. You just put it aside and get back to basics to try and get this team flowing again and get on a roll."

"As a team we haven't performed like we want. It's not been good enough from everyone.

"But we've stuck together and feel like we're coming out of it on the right side.

"We're taking things step by step."

reillycavan

Angelo

I think Celtic will go on a run now and hopefully build up confidence. There looked to be a freshness against Lille and Kilmarnock and those who have came like Turnbull and Soro have really impressed.

We need a perfect season from now on. We have the best squad in the league for me now. You look at yesterday, probably close to the best team we could have picked in terms of form and we had guys like Christie, Rogic, Griffiths, Johnston, Laxalt, Griffiths, Ajeti etc on the bench and others like Forrest and Bitton injured. Lennon's biggest failing for me has been his loyalty to certain players who have not been doing it for months and months and months. Why did it take probably our worst run of form in close to 50 years for something to change? Soro has been here 11 months and didn't get a sniff until last week.

The talent is in the squad but I don't really trust Lennon, if he has learned his lesson and picks his squad on merit then there's a chance but we're basically one result away from the season being over.

I also think Edouard needs to be dropped, he's just not doing it. I can understand why Lennon picks him as he's is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league and wants to try and play him into form but we have a natural scorer like Griffiths waiting for a chance, a £5m signing in Ajeti and Klimala did well against Lille in midweek. Edouard is not doing the business and I think it's time Klimala was shown some trust and see what he can do, give him an extended run in the team now and see what he can bring.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

Big Sam to WBA, some people will be gutted.

Angelo

I see Lennon has stated he's going to ditch the form players for his favourites this weekend.

This is why he is out of his depth.

bennydorano

Loyalty to the players who got them there you mean. Was reported on last week, late, fake, irrelevant news.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on December 16, 2020, 05:21:07 PM
Loyalty to the players who got them there you mean. Was reported on last week, late, fake, irrelevant news.

Loyalty to the players who have embarrassed the club this season and disrespect to players who are deserving of the starting jerseys on the basis of recent performances.

JimStynes

I agree with Angelo but not as dramatic as he is being. The inform players need to start.

bennydorano

Manager's call, live by the sword etc... it'll be the end of him if he does and it goes pear shaped.

bannside

Turnbull and Soro / Nitcham and Brown.

Answer as clear as day. But what will Lenny do? The next team he chooses will let us know who is really in charge of the dressjng room.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on December 16, 2020, 06:22:07 PM
Manager's call, live by the sword etc... it'll be the end of him if he does and it goes pear shaped.

Live by the sword. Suffer no consequences as you're a yes man for the board.

From the Bunker

Quote from: bennydorano on December 16, 2020, 04:54:44 PM
Big Sam to WBA, some people will be gutted.

Makes Bilic available.......you could do worse?