?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Quote from: charlieTully on August 29, 2020, 08:35:01 PM
Will ye never learn not to engage the trolls lads. Armchair fans of English clubs. Let them get on with it. They only come on here when Celtic are getting it rough. Ignore them ffs.

Exactly! Amazing how many posts there have been since Wednesday!

marty34

Quote from: ned on August 29, 2020, 09:19:54 PM
Will ye never learn not to engage the trolls lads. Armchair fans of English clubs. Let them get on with it. They only come on here when Celtic are getting it rough. Ignore them ffs.

Exactly! Amazing how many posts there have been since Wednesday!

I think the issue is that genuine reflection and discussion is unfairly labelled as criticism.  Lennon, Lawell and the board etc. can be criticized in the team's and the club's general performance.

I don't like the personal stuff though that a lot of Celtic fans are saying on Twitter etc. - nasty and no need for it but criticism of tactics and formations etc. is fine.  I agree broadly with a lot of what Angelo says re: Lennon, and the board. Lennon reminds me of Roy Keane in a way, nice lad on a personable level but seems to rub some people up the wrong way. I don't think there's too many Celtic supporters agreeing with Lennon's tactics/choice of players on Wednesday night. This was the third time in 2 years - not good enough.  Especially on a huge night.  Something strange going on for sure but hard to know what and then calling the players out on it was strange. Maybe a deflection tactic but it'll be interesting to see what team/formation he goes with tomorrow.

Lawell and the board, another couple £million pound would have got them through a few rounds in Europe and on to the big money. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

The thing is - what do Celtic supporters want? Domination in Scotland or be a regular in Euro group stages. Now, I'd go for the latter: push on a level. Happy to win league and have a good go at Europe i.e. buy early and be ready for Europe. Like England, let the young lads play in the league cup etc. Get a good run in Europe instead of trying to get lucky every season.

As for others, I think there are a few bargains that can be pickwd up in the scottish league. A lot have been mentioned e.g. VVD, Waynama, Armstrong and Dembele etc.  Living in Scotland and playing in the scottish league is a good eye opener to the permiership. If you can handle yourself in there, you'll be well equipped to play in the English league.  I think there's value for monwy to be had in comparsion with paying big money for a player from a European league who hasn't lived of knows about the culture etc. Small point I know, but it'll be easier for a player to settle.   

charlieTully

It absolutely fine Celtic fans giving their honest opinion but supporters of English clubs who only come on here when Celtic have a bad result. They are trolls.

dublin7

Quote from: charlieTully on August 29, 2020, 11:50:38 PM
It absolutely fine Celtic fans giving their honest opinion but supporters of English clubs who only come on here when Celtic have a bad result. They are trolls.

You say they're trolls and that's your opinion, but at the same time the over inflated opinion some Celtic fans have of their team/players deserves ridicule.

It's not just an EPL fans thing. I follow LOI and excepting Celtic/Rangers the standard of Scottish football is very similar to LOI. The big difference is the quality of stadiums in the SPL compared to LOI. Even bang average clubs like Hamilton & Inverness have stadiums that are far superior to anything in the LOI.

Celtic can batter St Mirren or some other Scottish club next weekend, but it'll prove nothing. The fact Fraser Foster turned down the chance to be Celtic's guaranteed no 1 keeper this season just to compete for the no.1 keeper position with Southampton in the EPL shows what footballers think of the SPL.

charlieTully

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2020, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on August 29, 2020, 11:50:38 PM

You say they're trolls and that's your opinion, but at the same time the over inflated opinion some Celtic fans have of their team/players deserves ridicule.

It's not just an EPL fans thing. I follow LOI and excepting Celtic/Rangers the standard of Scottish football is very similar to LOI. The big difference is the quality of stadiums in the SPL compared to LOI. Even bang average clubs like Hamilton & Inverness have stadiums that are far superior to anything in the LOI.

Celtic can batter St Mirren or some other Scottish club next weekend, but it'll prove nothing. The fact Fraser Foster turned down the chance to be Celtic's guaranteed no 1 keeper this season just to compete for the no.1 keeper position with Southampton in the EPL shows what footballers think of the SPL.

I am not aware of an LOI  thread. If there is one I dont go on it with negative comments. Same way I dont go on any EPL threads but folk come here with one agenda. That's the point.

bannside

16 year old Celtic attacking prospect Barry Hepburn (winger) leaves club to go to Bayern Munich.

ned

Bayern Academy players Pep Guardiola handed a senior debut to at Bayern Munich.

Lukas Raeder
Signed from Schalke as a teenager, Raeder made his senior Bayern debut in a 3-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in April 2014, replacing an injured Manuel Neuer at half-time.
The goalkeeper only made two more appearances for the club and signed for Portuguese club Vitoria Setubal at the expiration of his contract.
After making four appearances for Bradford City in 2017-18, he returned to Germany and now plays for VfB Lubeck in the country's third-tier.

Ylli Sallahi
Timing is everything in football, but Sallahi got his all wrong as his one and only first-team appearance came as Bayern lost their 53-game unbeaten streak with defeat to Augsburg in the Bavarian derby in April 2014.
He joined second-tier outfit Karlsruher SC in January 2015 but has been without a club for the last three years.

Julian Green
Green was regarded as one of Bayern's brightest prospects and made his first-team debut against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League in November 2013.
The USA international then went to the 2014 World Cup and became the youngest American to ever score in the competition by finding the back of the net against Belgium.
After a disastrous loan spell at Hamburg, where he barely played, he joined Stuttgart in 2017 and currently plies his trade for Greuther Furth in Germany's second tier.

Gianluca Gaudino
Gaudino made his first-team debut against Borussia Dortmund in August 2014, when he was just 17 years of age, and was tipped for a bright future by Guardiola.
But it was one of only 11 appearances for the club before the midfielder joined Chievo in 2017.
The 23-year-old signed for Young Boys in January 2019 and has established himself as a first-team regular with the Swiss club.

Sinan Kurt
After scoring 16 goals in 24 games for Borussia Monchengladbach's Under-19 team in 2013-14, Kurt joined Bayern's reserves and was handed his senior debut by Guardiola.
But his time at the club was reportedly blighted by attitude problems and the 23-year-old signed for Hertha Berlin in January 2016.
He's now trying to get his career back on track with WSG Wattens in the second tier of Austrian football.

Milos Pantovic
Pantovic was handed an injury-time cameo against Werder Bremen in 2015 but that proved to be his only senior appearance for the club.
The forward has spent the last two seasons in the second tier with Bochum, who he joined on a free transfer.

Angelo

I see Bayo netted a brace on his debut for Toulouse.

The same chap Lennon thought worthy of 200 minutes of action in close to 18 months
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 09:39:23 AM

The same chap Lennon thought worthy of 200 minutes of action in close to 18 months

Is he on loan there for one season?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on August 30, 2020, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 09:39:23 AM

Is he on loan there for one season?

Loan with an option to buy so if he does well you can say he's gone.

Shved is away with the same agreement.

smelmoth

I see getting to the CL final was one of the options on the thread vote but winning it wasn't. A bit pessimistic surely?

smelmoth

Quote from: ned on August 30, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Bayern Academy players Pep Guardiola handed a senior debut to at Bayern Munich.

Lukas Raeder
Signed from Schalke as a teenager, Raeder made his senior Bayern debut in a 3-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in April 2014, replacing an injured Manuel Neuer at half-time.
The goalkeeper only made two more appearances for the club and signed for Portuguese club Vitoria Setubal at the expiration of his contract.
After making four appearances for Bradford City in 2017-18, he returned to Germany and now plays for VfB Lubeck in the country's third-tier.

Ylli Sallahi
Timing is everything in football, but Sallahi got his all wrong as his one and only first-team appearance came as Bayern lost their 53-game unbeaten streak with defeat to Augsburg in the Bavarian derby in April 2014.
He joined second-tier outfit Karlsruher SC in January 2015 but has been without a club for the last three years.

Julian Green
Green was regarded as one of Bayern's brightest prospects and made his first-team debut against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League in November 2013.
The USA international then went to the 2014 World Cup and became the youngest American to ever score in the competition by finding the back of the net against Belgium.
After a disastrous loan spell at Hamburg, where he barely played, he joined Stuttgart in 2017 and currently plies his trade for Greuther Furth in Germany's second tier.

Gianluca Gaudino
Gaudino made his first-team debut against Borussia Dortmund in August 2014, when he was just 17 years of age, and was tipped for a bright future by Guardiola.
But it was one of only 11 appearances for the club before the midfielder joined Chievo in 2017.
The 23-year-old signed for Young Boys in January 2019 and has established himself as a first-team regular with the Swiss club.

Sinan Kurt
After scoring 16 goals in 24 games for Borussia Monchengladbach's Under-19 team in 2013-14, Kurt joined Bayern's reserves and was handed his senior debut by Guardiola.
But his time at the club was reportedly blighted by attitude problems and the 23-year-old signed for Hertha Berlin in January 2016.
He's now trying to get his career back on track with WSG Wattens in the second tier of Austrian football.

Milos Pantovic
Pantovic was handed an injury-time cameo against Werder Bremen in 2015 but that proved to be his only senior appearance for the club.
The forward has spent the last two seasons in the second tier with Bochum, who he joined on a free transfer.

Some make it some don't. Same with every academy

smelmoth

My post re CL final. That is trolling. I'll admit it. I posted it to get a reaction.

Put there are a lot of points in other posts that people may want to dismiss as being trolling but that won't stop the points being valid (and the answers absent).

My big point is that Scottish football is rubbish and winning it is of little significance. When Celtic win 10 in a row there will be a bit of parochial noise but the world of serious football won't pay much heed. And the season after that, Celtic's Spinal Tap Season will be of the same limited significance.

Celtic (and if there is such a thing as a properly run Rangers) have completely outgrown other Scottish sides but their playing significance is still limited by the confines of the rubbish league within which they operate

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on August 30, 2020, 12:26:20 PM

My post re CL final. That is trolling. I'll admit it. I posted it to get a reaction.

Put there are a lot of points in other posts that people may want to dismiss as being trolling but that won't stop the points being valid (and the answers absent).

My big point is that Scottish football is rubbish and winning it is of little significance. When Celtic win 10 in a row there will be a bit of parochial noise but the world of serious football won't pay much heed. And the season after that, Celtic's Spinal Tap Season will be of the same limited significance.

Celtic (and if there is such a thing as a properly run Rangers) have completely outgrown other Scottish sides but their playing significance is still limited by the confines of the rubbish league within which they operate

What's the world of serious football? Finishing 9th in the EPL?

smelmoth

Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 30, 2020, 12:26:20 PM

What's the world of serious football? Finishing 9th in the EPL?

The teams that finish 9th in England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy are playing in a serious league. Hamilton Academicals are not. Some of the leagues in S America would certainly be considered serious. The quality in Turkey, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Russia, Netherlands, Ukraine amongst others would still be away above Scotland. If you spent your time watching those leagues instead of Scotland you would be watching a much higher standard. And also a much better quality of competition. It's one bald man and a comb in Scotland. I don't particularly rate Lennon as a manager but it's no exaggeration to say that it is impossible for him not to win the league this year. It's not rigged. Just shit