Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bannside

That will be Peters bonus fairly secure for another year....lol. plus a few sell on clauses of course.

Angelo

Reports from Turkey saying we have agreed a £7.2m fee for Ghanian striker/winger Caleb Ekuban.

Seems very dubious we'd spend that amount of money on him but he's been linked for some time now.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

clarshack

Quote from: Targetman on August 25, 2020, 10:39:15 AM
£20 million for Ajer, I'll drive him to Liverpool myself!!

Has to be a wind up surely!

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on August 25, 2020, 12:26:53 PM
Reports from Turkey saying we have agreed a £7.2m fee for Ghanian striker/winger Caleb Ekuban.

Seems very dubious we'd spend that amount of money on him but he's been linked for some time now.

If that's true then I'd say that's French Eddie away.

bennydorano

Quote from: JimStynes on August 25, 2020, 06:23:34 PM

Yip, my thoughts exactly.

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on August 25, 2020, 06:23:34 PM

Yeah, seems to be top heavy with strikers now.

Need a centre back for sure and a left back.

But more importantly, need a big game tomorrow evening. It's a one off game so could be tricky.

Main Street

Most probably the Edouard transfer rumours have been enhanced by Messi putting in a transfer request, Barca are just one of the very few clubs that would meet both Eddy's ambition and the £80m transfer fee.

Targetman

Seriously how many players are being linked with Celtic at the minute, as for selling French Eddy, no feckin way, not this season ffs!!

Main Street

Which of them would make a significant difference over what is available now in Celtic's squad?

I'd say Duffy would, he'd fill a significant defensive gap and open up an option to play with 3 central defenders. But if 2 EPL clubs want him, that means he has options.

Angelo

Lennon said in a press conference last night that he's never even heard of Ekuban.

The Sun have also said that Celtic have no interest in Hickey.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

CELTIC POISED FOR RECORD £22 MIL + TRANSFER WINDOW TO LAND 10 IN A ROW

Peter Lawwell is loosening the purse strings at just the right time as Celtic go all out to win what would be an iconic 10th successive title, failure would also make his position untenable with the support unless he spends big, after todays reports, it seems that is exactly what he means to do.

A fee of £7.2 million has "been agreed" with Turkish side Trabzonspor for Caleb Ekuban as reported by The Sun picking up on a reports in Turkey by Haberturk who are stating the deal will go ahead in a few days after a medical can be arranged. This is on top of the £4.5 million paid for Barkas and Ajeti each with a £3 million deal for David Turnbull being negotiated now. Aaron Hickey has a 30% sell on clause and was thought to be leaving Tynecastle for £1.8 million, that will likely be a million without the sell on clause should he return as reports yesterday suggested.

Then there is Shane Duffy who could come in for £2 million on loan or £8 million if we buy him outright, regardless we will need another Centre Half this year after letting Jozo leave.

£7.2 Caleb Ekuban
£4.5 Albian Ajeti
£4.5 Vasilis Barkas
£3 David Turnbull
£2 Shane Duffy
£1 Aaron Hickey

£22.2 million in one transfer window, that could indeed rise to £28.2 if we decide to buy Duffy, something with Ajer constantly being linked away wouldn't be such a bad move. If the deal with Ekuban is to be believed, it would likely point to a player coming onto the books to replace Edouard when he eventually leaves, hopefully it will not be this crucial season but even the most optimistic of us are not planning on seeing him at Celtic next season. This would be a stunning window for Celtic, Hickey would replace Bolingoli, Duffy for Jozo, Ajeti and Ekuban as heirs apparent to Edouard and replacement for Bayo and Turnbull for Rogic and next season Scott Brown.

A window where we arm ourselves with everything we will need to win this year and provision for the positions that will undoubtedly open up next season.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Wouldn't ya love to know where this all comes from...linked with everyone now ffs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 07:35:03 AM
Lennon said in a press conference last night that he's never even heard of Ekuban.

Can't believe Celtic would pay £7 million for a guy that has only scored 11 goals in the last 3 seasons.

tyroneman

Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2020, 10:32:12 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 07:35:03 AM

Can't believe Celtic would pay £7 million for a guy that has only scored 11 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Yeh - have not heard good reports from Leeds fans, Bielsa turfed him out pretty quickly.

Having said that he was injured quite a lot there, and seems to be more a wide forward/ winger (which might explain the lack of goals)

Making him the club's 2nd higest transfer tho.....not convinced

Main Street

Isn't this constant flow of obscure transfer rumours just pure media click bait?

I'd want something substantial to turn my head,  something on the lines of
"Illdecide falls out with Lennon"   'Lennon's biggest and most fantatic supporter on social media has turned his back on the Luganite, calling him a fraud and a welcher.'