Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

It would be a great question in a pub quiz...

Which team had 3 shots on target but won 5-0
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on August 17, 2017, 12:48:44 PM

The fans should claim those, certainly made enough noise!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 17, 2017, 12:48:44 PM

The fans should claim those, certainly made enough noise!

Griff and Sinclair missed great chances early on - could have easily been 7-0 with 5 shots on target!

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 16, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2017, 10:06:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2017, 10:00:13 PM
30 million in the bank, well done, BR's pay packet for a few more years... 5 British teams in the CL now, bound to be a Battle of Britain game

Probably 6. You'd back Liverpool to go through

They'd be in exhalted company with Celtic and United.  Both European Champions before Liverpool were scarcely heard of in Europe   ;)

Yet Liverpool have more European cups than united and Celtic combined. Exalted company indeed

ned

Quote from: bennydorano on August 17, 2017, 12:21:34 PM
Great performance but a lot of things fell kindly for Celtic last night.

BUT nothing. You can't watch a lot of football. Celtic deserved that last night 100%. The first goal was an own goal forced by Rogic's brilliant skill, Griffiths was on hand anyway. The ref played advantage at the third as he should have. Griffiths' goal took a deflection, happens every week in loads of matches. So I would say one thing 'fell kindly'. FFS just enjoy a great win and a brilliant performance.

Hectic

Yeah I saw it being raked up that the ref should have stopped the game for the head knock to Rogic yet on watching it back there it was 4 seconds from the collision until the ball hit the net.

T Fearon

Great win and display and all credit to Brendan.We are arriving with confidence and momentum into the group stages and hopefully this will lead to six competitive outings.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2017, 03:06:29 PM
Great win and display and all credit to Brendan.We are arriving with confidence and momentum into the group stages and hopefully this will lead to six competitive outings.

Your old buddy Brendy ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Quote from: illdecide on August 17, 2017, 03:40:49 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2017, 03:06:29 PM

Your old buddy Brendy ;)

Tony you are some pup, if Celtic get stuffed away you will be up.in arms telling us how Celtic have not progres sed from last year blah blah blah.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

I can only assess on the latest performance and it was flawless.Celtic like Sevilla should breeze through these qualifiers every year,in my opinion.

Applesisapples

This was an outrageous display of ineptitude...sack Coco! In all seriousness brilliant performance and on the evidence of the Spanish Super Cup second leg Barca could be doing with Brendan right now.

Esmarelda

Quote from: ned on August 17, 2017, 01:51:48 PM

BUT nothing. You can't watch a lot of football. Celtic deserved that last night 100%. The first goal was an own goal forced by Rogic's brilliant skill, Griffiths was on hand anyway. The ref played advantage at the third as he should have. Griffiths' goal took a deflection, happens every week in loads of matches. So I would say one thing 'fell kindly'. FFS just enjoy a great win and a brilliant performance.
Who's not enjoying it. He said a lot of things fell for Celtic and anyone (other than you perhaps?) can see that it did. It happens some times. Celtic deserved to win but not by five. I really enjoyed the win despite these obvious observations. Oh, FFS.

tonto1888

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Quote from: ned on August 17, 2017, 01:51:48 PM

Who's not enjoying it. He said a lot of things fell for Celtic and anyone (other than you perhaps?) can see that it did. It happens some times. Celtic deserved to win but not by five. I really enjoyed the win despite these obvious observations. Oh, FFS.

perhaps two of the goals were lucky but we had two bad misses so Id say the scoreline was a fair reflection of the game

From the Bunker

Who gives a crap! Celtic won 5-0 and are a week ahead on signing players for the Champions League.

Hectic

The scoreline was a good reflection of the game. It took a while to get settled in but Celtic got the first goal and continued in the ascendancy from then until the final whistle.

Comfortable and controlled on the ball making Astana work hard all the while crancking it up to the point they were able to deliver the knock out blows through well crafted goals. At 5 you could def see the possibility of scoring a 6th before final whistle.

5 0 about right for that sort of performance.