?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

red hander

Quote from: Hectic on June 19, 2017, 02:36:51 PM
UEFA will make the call. Good chance if it is to go ahead on their halloween that Celtic will not take up ticket allocation. Sevco sites already planning pitched battles. The hangers on will be the biggest problem.

I've a feeling Uefa will order this to be played behind close doors at Windsor Park because of safety concerns, consequently Linfield will miss out on a fortune, which is absolutely fine by me

amanda

Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
This is a football match, it's sport FFS. If Linfield enter the competition then they should honour the dates and times set by UEFA. They obviously are that sectarian they cannot guarantee the safety of patrons entering their ground,
How can Linfield or any team guarantee people's safety?
Not their job, up to the Police i would think.
I imagine that the Security Services will have the final say.

stew

Quote from: red hander on June 21, 2017, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: Hectic on June 19, 2017, 02:36:51 PM
UEFA will make the call. Good chance if it is to go ahead on their halloween that Celtic will not take up ticket allocation. Sevco sites already planning pitched battles. The hangers on will be the biggest problem.

I've a feeling Uefa will order this to be played behind close doors at Windsor Park because of safety concerns, consequently Linfield will miss out on a fortune, which is absolutely fine by me

Best case scenario for this guy )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aaron Boone

La Florita would love to have Celtic play at the Stadio Igor Cresentini.

stew

Why dont they rent ibrox?

Win win for huns squared.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

When Shelbourne were drawn against Glasgow Rangers years ago (when a young lad Hoolahan played for them), Uefa moved Shels' home leg to Tranmere's ground because the Gardai could not guarantee safety in the environs of Tolka Pk.
Ironic that Uefa were under the impression that there was a safer place from Rangers fans in Tranmere.

BennyCake

Quote from: stew on June 21, 2017, 10:30:53 PM
Why dont they rent ibrox?

Win win for huns squared.

Yeah, and play it on 11th night and lock them in the stadium for the night.

Hectic

Make them play it at midday on 11th - might impact their potential tv deal but fffff that safety is more important than money.

illdecide

It is the Event Controller & Safety Officer's role of the club to guarantee the safety of all patrons within the ground and around it, they take everything into account and if they feel they need police or extra police then that's their role to liaise with Emergency Services. That's why they have meetings (SAG meeting) prior to the event to discuss all these matters and arrange the number of extra security, Steward's and Police.

The 'dilemma' of Celtic travelling to Belfast on the 11th or 12th of July to play in the first leg second qualifying round of this years UEFA Champions League, really shouldn't be an issue at all. As it's a UEFA tournament, what the governing body say invariably goes. Ultimately, if a team cannot guarantee the safety of their opponents and their supporters, in this case Linfield, the question has to be asked if they should be allowed to participate in the tournament at all?

And while we're on the subject, the fact the game has to be moved should force UEFA to look further into the reasons why.
Sectarian and racist parades in Belfast are being given priority over the game itself. For an organisation that, when it suits, prides itself in it's 'No to Racism' campaigns, year in year out, they are being dictated to by a club that would rather put it's bigoted ways first.
Should a club with such values be allowed to play in ANY UEFA tournament?
It's up to UEFA to do the right thing, having said that, at Celtic, we've already had experience of trusting the governing body before only to be 'disappointed', namely in 1974 and 1984.
Common sense doesn't always prevail....
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: illdecide on June 22, 2017, 10:41:16 AM
It is the Event Controller & Safety Officer's role of the club to guarantee the safety of all patrons within the ground and around it, they take everything into account and if they feel they need police or extra police then that's their role to liaise with Emergency Services. That's why they have meetings (SAG meeting) prior to the event to discuss all these matters and arrange the number of extra security, Steward's and Police.

The 'dilemma' of Celtic travelling to Belfast on the 11th or 12th of July to play in the first leg second qualifying round of this years UEFA Champions League, really shouldn't be an issue at all. As it's a UEFA tournament, what the governing body say invariably goes. Ultimately, if a team cannot guarantee the safety of their opponents and their supporters, in this case Linfield, the question has to be asked if they should be allowed to participate in the tournament at all?

And while we're on the subject, the fact the game has to be moved should force UEFA to look further into the reasons why.
Sectarian and racist parades in Belfast are being given priority over the game itself. For an organisation that, when it suits, prides itself in it's 'No to Racism' campaigns, year in year out, they are being dictated to by a club that would rather put it's bigoted ways first.
Should a club with such values be allowed to play in ANY UEFA tournament?
It's up to UEFA to do the right thing, having said that, at Celtic, we've already had experience of trusting the governing body before only to be 'disappointed', namely in 1974 and 1984.
Common sense doesn't always prevail....

Yip! If linfield can't guarantee safety on those dates, the tie needs to be switched. However, expecting UEFA to do anything other than act in their own self interest is wishful thinking. f**k UEFA.

Targetman

If its Linfield the first leg is on 14th July, a warm reception waiting for all hoops going to Belfast, how many tickets will Celtic get?

BennyCake

Would banning away fans from both games not be the sensible option?

Targetman

Well looks like Celtic supporters won't be at Windsor, whether that's the clubs decision or a security decision i don't know, a lot of the supporters who follow the team home and away will be disappointed if its true, would have been great to fill one of those stands and belt them out!!

Over the Bar

Quote from: BennyCake on June 22, 2017, 10:37:42 PM

On what grounds?

themac_23

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 23, 2017, 01:02:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 22, 2017, 10:37:42 PM

On what grounds?

Windsor and Celtic Park i assume  :P