Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Think it is at the point where we know we are on a roll - it is not our fault that the opposition might not be great but what we can look after is our own focus and performances and so far they have been top notch - can only beat what is put in front of you and all that.  I have been impressed with how we have coped without Rogic over the past few games - I worried when he was injured that we had lost our main lock picker but the goals are flying in - long may it continue.

On a side note does anyone else think teams are being given carte blanche to kick us off the park lately?

illdecide

Quote from: Hectic on February 13, 2017, 11:14:13 AM
Think it is at the point where we know we are on a roll - it is not our fault that the opposition might not be great but what we can look after is our own focus and performances and so far they have been top notch - can only beat what is put in front of you and all that.  I have been impressed with how we have coped without Rogic over the past few games - I worried when he was injured that we had lost our main lock picker but the goals are flying in - long may it continue.

On a side note does anyone else think teams are being given carte blanche to kick us off the park lately?

100%, I think the teams know they can't compete with Celtic on skill and pace so the last resort is hoping to kick us off the Park and hope that leads to something
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Taylor

I think thats exactly the point

Hectic

And if the opposition are not that great and we cannot do anything about it then rather than just aiming to be in front of them we have to aim to be miles better in the hope that we can start to put up some sort of showing in European competition where we get a real examination.

ashman

Quote from: illdecide on February 13, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

100%, I think the teams know they can't compete with Celtic on money  so the last resort is hoping to kick us off the Park and hope that leads to something

Fixed that for you .

Hectic

Ha good old Ashman keeps fixing us - but yeah you are correct in what you say - I do not mind teams playing to their strengths in the circumstances but I also expect referees to referee the match in front of them - Caley could have counted themselves extremely lucky not to be going in at half time with 9 men.

And in terms of finance we were not showing it last season - key is still to make these advantages count as they should and as I said in my last post that means not settling for being just in front of the rest.  If you look across the city the other lot should be miles clear in second if things were defined on finance - well spending rather than finance in their case.

T Fearon

PSG 4 Barcelona 0 puts the 7 nil defeat to Barca in perspective.Lets hope lessons have been learned and such dire results are never repeated.

ashman

Quote from: Hectic on February 14, 2017, 11:20:56 AM
Ha good old Ashman keeps fixing us - but yeah you are correct in what you say - I do not mind teams playing to their strengths in the circumstances but I also expect referees to referee the match in front of them - Caley could have counted themselves extremely lucky not to be going in at half time with 9 men.

And in terms of finance we were not showing it last season - key is still to make these advantages count as they should and as I said in my last post that means not settling for being just in front of the rest.  If you look across the city the other lot should be miles clear in second if things were defined on finance - well spending rather than finance in their case.

All British teams love the notion of getting stuck in to Johnny Foreigner .  When their own pub teams do the same they cry like babies.

Again what is this "we " business ?? Nothing worse than any Irishman referring to British teams are "we" .  Post colonial societies  sometimes have awful residual issues .

ned

Let the people sing their stories and their songs
And the music of their native land
Their lullabies and battlecries and songs of hope and joy
So join us hand in hand
All across this ancient land
Throughout the test of time
It was music that kept their spirits free
Those songs of yours and of mine

This land is your land, this land is my land
From the northern highlands to the western islands
From the hills of Kerry to the streets of (Free) Derry
This land was made for you and me

As I went walking, by the Shannon waters
Hand in hand with, my little daughter
With the church bell ringing,And the children singing,
This land was made for you and me.......

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on February 14, 2017, 11:24:59 PM
PSG 4 Barcelona 0 puts the 7 nil defeat to Barca in perspective.Lets hope lessons have been learned and such dire results are never repeated.

Yeah same would go for Liverpool 2 Spurs 0; Hull 2 Liverpool 0; Liverpool 0, Wolves 2.

Or sure Man U 1, Man City 6 (2011); Everton 4, Man City 0 (2017).

You are correct about learning lessons but I think the lesson was learnt there and then re Celtic Barcelona - I remember Rodgers highlighting the fact that Celtic maybe only committed 3 fouls in that game - standing back and admiring and all that.  Also saw the end of playing a back 5 in the competition having finished in Israel with a back 5 (successfully shoring up that night) and then carrying it to Barcelona.

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on February 14, 2017, 11:58:26 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 14, 2017, 11:20:56 AM

All British teams love the notion of getting stuck in to Johnny Foreigner .  When their own pub teams do the same they cry like babies.

Again what is this "we " business ?? Nothing worse than any Irishman referring to British teams are "we" .  Post colonial societies  sometimes have awful residual issues .

Yeah should maybe do a bit of research about the origins of Glasgow Celtic - you will probably find that it is essentially an Irish team playing in Scotland, supported by Irish, Irish immigrants and their descendants in Scotland, the Irish diaspora worldwide and more than a healthy number of people from all backgrounds drawn to the club.  But then again you know all this anyway.

Applesisapples

Bullshit, that is a different Barca team in terms of mindset. When they beat Celtic they were going well in all competitions. They have been poor since Christmas.

illdecide

See you guys are taking the bait again... :-X
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

passedit

Any thoughts Tony?

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/celtic-would-challenge-for-premier-title-insists-rodgers/

Quote'CELTIC WOULD CHALLENGE FOR PREMIER TITLE,' INSISTS RODGERS
By CQN Magazine on 15th February 2017 Football Matters

BRENDAN RODGERS claims Celtic would challenge the top clubs for the Premier League title.

And the Hoops boss insists the Scottish champions would become a bigger and better team than most of the English top-flight outfits – if they ever got the chance to play across the border.

The former Liverpool and Swansea gaffer said: "Celtic are a major, major threat to nearly every English club.

"If Celtic were in England, they would be one of the top four or six clubs there.

"Can you imagine then the resources playing at that level, what that would produce for Celtic?

"If you're another club working in that league, or in the Championship or in League One, would you want the type of threat?

"I don't think you want to and that's the reality."
Don't Panic

T Fearon

Leicester City successfully challenged for the EPL title.I would be satisfied if Celtic could establish themselves as a credible consistent Champions League club.