Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

I think you will probably find that they have been over investing for quite some time now.  Their squad cost and wages are much higher than everyone but Celtic and they are running with big losses when you remove this over investing that has been going on and compare income to outgoings.

illdecide

TBH i thought when Sevco came back in it would have added a bit of spice to the league and have the supporters a bit excited and it has been none of them. Sevco have offered nothing and are just a team like St Johnstone or Hearts etc...Damp Squib.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Yeah but still the sight of them shouting their mouths off has helped galvanise us and it will be the same in the summer if they have not gone the same way as Rangers as they will get renewed optimism which will make us want to ram it down their throats again.  They do serve a purpose.

foxcommander

Quote from: Hectic on February 03, 2017, 01:02:55 PM
Yeah but still the sight of them shouting their mouths off has helped galvanise us and it will be the same in the summer if they have not gone the same way as Rangers as they will get renewed optimism which will make us want to ram it down their throats again.  They do serve a purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYAPdcSWQoA
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

From the Bunker

Another good win for Celtic. The Celtic Penalty that got them back in the game must be one of the worst hand ball decisions i ever seen!

uimhr ocht

It wasn't a penalty bit of a turning point in the game but what a goal at the end from lustigs Rabona cross mc Gregory's flick and dembelles finish outstanding.

StGallsGAA

That Celtic team would beat a fair few EPL teams.  I bet Rodgers would love to meet Liverpool in the Champs League, not that the scouse scallys are likely to finish in the top 4 if they continue the way they are playing atm.

ashman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 05, 2017, 05:33:56 PM
That Celtic team would beat a fair few EPL teams.  I bet Rodgers would love to meet Liverpool in the Champs League, not that the scouse scallys are likely to finish in the top 4 if they continue the way they are playing atm.

Hard to say .  Any of the teams they lead in domestic league would not finish in the top 2 in league of Ireland.   

T Fearon

Grateful for the win as it keeps a 100/1 bet intact,but the penalty Celtic got for the equaliser at 2 each was a joke,and St Johnstone had a couple of decent penalty shouts themselves.Awful lot of misplaced passes too.No excuse for sloppiness at this stage of the season.

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on February 05, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

Hard to say .  Any of the teams they lead in domestic league would not finish in the top 2 in league of Ireland.

Yeah agree with the first point that it would be difficult to say and most EPL teams can beat each other on their day as it stands so maybe not so much of a reach to say that they could beat these teams in one off games.  The second point I still think the like of Aberdeen, Hearts, Sevco and one or two others would cruise home in Ireland even though the gap is probably not what it would have been a few years ago.

ashman

Quote from: Hectic on February 06, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

The LOI teams this year did great in Europe ,  the Scottish results bar Celtic were utterly awful .  The LOI head to heads over the last 20 years v Scottish clubs is decent .  I accept the summer season has helped Irish teams . The standard in LOI was decent this season gone . 

Yeah agree with the first point that it would be difficult to say and most EPL teams can beat each other on their day as it stands so maybe not so much of a reach to say that they could beat these teams in one off games.  The second point I still think the like of Aberdeen, Hearts, Sevco and one or two others would cruise home in Ireland even though the gap is probably not what it would have been a few years ago.

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on February 06, 2017, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 06, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

The LOI teams this year did great in Europe ,  the Scottish results bar Celtic were utterly awful .  The LOI head to heads over the last 20 years v Scottish clubs is decent .  I accept the summer season has helped Irish teams . The standard in LOI was decent this season gone . 

Like I say the gap def appears to be closing but as you point out summer football helps - general rule as a Celtic supporter I am very wary of Scandinavian teams in early European rounds due to their sharpness at that stage but at the same time Dundalk put up a very good showing into the autumn.  Key for the like of Dundalk will be to build on that.  As you say most Scottish teams are terrible in Europe, something I find really frustrating due to the coefficient implications - I do not know what the reason is - if they simply are not good enough of if they have a really bad mentality -  even in the league the like of Aberdeen and Hearts for a period there looked like they were going to fall into the old way of going where they knew their place behind the two big Glasgow clubs bad and all as Sevco are right now.

illdecide

Isn't it funny that the activity on this thread bar the BR bashing is minimal when Celtic are winning...I suppose everyone is waiting until we're beat to get the "I told you so" in or "that Rodgers man hasn't a clue"

C'mon the Hoops...keep er lit
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch