Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Celtic should take Chelsea's arm off,getting a few million for a 34 year old signed on a free transfer whose best days are long gone.

Hectic

Certainly merit in what you are saying but only if an upgrade is available. Otherwise why sell your first choice (by a distance) keeper.

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on January 27, 2017, 11:50:27 AM
Quote from: MoChara on January 27, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Rumours of Gordon going to Chelsea as a reserve keeper for them, apparently 2.5 Mill offered already.

Don't think Rodgers will let him go and it'll say more about the keeper himself if he were to leave and sit there in the dugout every week rotting away or play at Celtic every week and get great CL nights and major trophies...But i suppose the money talks ;)

Thinking that myself it would say alot about the character of the man. If he wants away there's no point forcing him to stay but it'd be madness to sell him without a direct or even a real prospect replacement in the wings

T Fearon

Plenty of time to sort out a replacement between now and the summer for a 34 year old who has never really convinced.Celtic could see out the rest of the season with me in goal ffs🙄

Main Street

Quote from: MoChara on January 28, 2017, 10:38:14 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 27, 2017, 11:50:27 AM
Quote from: MoChara on January 27, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Rumours of Gordon going to Chelsea as a reserve keeper for them, apparently 2.5 Mill offered already.

Don't think Rodgers will let him go and it'll say more about the keeper himself if he were to leave and sit there in the dugout every week rotting away or play at Celtic every week and get great CL nights and major trophies...But i suppose the money talks ;)

Thinking that myself it would say alot about the character of the man. If he wants away there's no point forcing him to stay but it'd be madness to sell him without a direct or even a real prospect replacement in the wings
Rodgers' point is that £3m would not buy anything close to a like for like replacement. Rodgers aims a shot across the bow towards Chelsea and their like who want to buy Celtic players on the cheap.

illdecide

So record is broken...even though Celtic won 4-0 they were poor enough at times but i think it was partly down to the opposition, Hearts are pure dung. One thing has been clear this last few games is the teams are coming to play Celtic are trying the "knock it into them" approach but the ref is not doing too much about it.

I suppose the next 2 targets now are the treble and trying to go the season unbeaten...I really hope they can win the treble but going the full season unbeaten will be really tough probably more mental than anything as i'm sure it's hard to continue to perform every week knowing the title is in the bag.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Yeah plus sometimes going for these sort of records can compete with the opportunity presented to give your youth a chance to shine, the latter perhaps being the more important in the bigger scheme. The record would be nice but better Celtic teams did not do it and not wanting to dilute such an achievement the environment also plays a part. Nonetheless it would be encouraging to see the management keep the team fully focused once the title is official.

Main Street

The title was official after 7 games.
Now the season is about a march onto invincibility.

T Fearon

Mixed feelings about this,the Lions achievement was far greater as they had a great Rangers team to deal with and the gap between them and the other teams in Scotland was not nearly as great in terms of finance and squad size.

bennydorano

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on January 29, 2017, 07:59:58 PM
Mixed feelings about this,the Lions achievement was far greater as they had a great Rangers team to deal with and the gap between them and the other teams in Scotland was not nearly as great in terms of finance and squad size.

Modern football Tony

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on January 29, 2017, 07:59:58 PM

The Lions achievement is only beaten on paper. The man on the street knows the reality. Anyway until a Celtic team wins the Champions League they can't be thought of in the same terms as the Lions. Jez, One of the best seasons and teams Celtic ever had was in 2003 and they won nothing that year!

JimStynes

So is Brendan a good manager then? I haven't been in this thread for a while.

Main Street

No, I can't enjoy Celtic's run of form this year because ........ they are not as good as the Lisbon Lions   ::)
Brendan's side have not achieved much .....   because they are not as good as the Lisbon Lions  :D

Strike me dead on the spot for thinking Roberts was a ringer for Jimmy Johnstone  ;D

You fools just willingly fall head over heels into the thread Troll's maze of contradictions.

bennydorano

Dont recall that type of trolling at all.