?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2017, 09:55:46 AM
Seriously if someone tabled a firm £20m offer for any Celtic player his arm would be snapped off immediately.

Here Tony i've a question for ya...do u reckon if another team tabled an offer of £20 million for Dembele Celtic would sell him? :P :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2017, 02:20:16 PM
Listen if someone comes waving a £20m cheque at Lawwell and Co for any Celtic player their hand will be taken off,just like Mc Geady was bundled on the first plane to Moscow when Spartak Moscow came with a £10m cheque

Mcgeady was sold because he was a  2 or 3 million player and we got offered 10 million. Dembele is at least a 20 million stiker and in another year he will still be worth at least that or likely a good bit more because he is an all round striker, he's strong, powerful, can hold the ball up and he's a very good finisher. If we got offered 50 or 60 million now we might consider it but that'd be the only way he'd be sold this month.

T Fearon

Illdecide,if anyone offered Celtic £20m for any player, he would be sold in a moment.And why not? The team could be considerable strengthened,with at least 3 capable players for £20m and Dembele is unproven in England.There will be no panic buying by any top English clubs in the summer so if £20m is offered for Dembele tomorrow, I'd grab it and quickly!

Hectic

Watched Jaansen struggle again today for Spurs. English clubs have no bother throwing 20m at an unproven punt it seems.

illdecide

Every player has his price and i would def sell any player if we got the right money for them...sure they could break their leg or do a cruciate the next day and you're screwed...but i def believe them English clubs are stupid enough to pay well over the odds for a player as they have just too much money at their disposal.

Applesisapples

Tony is right, unfortunately. If Celtic have any European ambitions though that mindset would need to change. Unlikely though.

T Fearon

Fact is Celtic could not turn down £20m.Brilliant bit of business for a guy unproven at the very top level,a huge profit.I would rather have £20m to strengthen the team than Dembele to be honest.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: lenny on January 08, 2017, 06:44:06 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2017, 02:20:16 PM
Listen if someone comes waving a £20m cheque at Lawwell and Co for any Celtic player their hand will be taken off,just like Mc Geady was bundled on the first plane to Moscow when Spartak Moscow came with a £10m cheque

Mcgeady was sold because he was a  2 or 3 million player and we got offered 10 million. Dembele is at least a 20 million stiker and in another year he will still be worth at least that or likely a good bit more because he is an all round striker, he's strong, powerful, can hold the ball up and he's a very good finisher.   If we got offered 50 or 60 million now we might consider it but that'd be the only way he'd be sold this month.

Is your full name Lenny Henry?  ;D

NAG1

Quote from: illdecide on January 09, 2017, 09:55:08 AM
Every player has his price and i would def sell any player if we got the right money for them...sure they could break their leg or do a cruciate the next day and you're screwed...but i def believe them English clubs are stupid enough to pay well over the odds for a player as they have just too much money at their disposal.

Sure it has been said that the continental clubs have been laughing at the EPL clubs since the Sky money arrived in terms of what they will actually pay for a player. Soon as an English club are in for a player the price ends up ridiculous.

bannside

Mourinho lists Kieran Tierney as one of four players on his wish list for next season. Would expect circa £20m at least. Peter Lawell already thinking about the size of next year's bonus.

T Fearon

According to the last few years accounts Pete's bonus is added to his salary to make a round £1m. Now with twenty million Celtic should be abale to replace the player sold with at least three new recruits capable of playing a Champions League Group Stage level.

illdecide

So Celtic equalled the Lisbon Lions domestic record last night...St Johnstone kicked Celtic from start to finish last night and went largely unpunished but what do u expect from Sectarian Hugh Dallas's son in charge

Hectic

MoChara

Rumours of Gordon going to Chelsea as a reserve keeper for them, apparently 2.5 Mill offered already.

illdecide

Quote from: MoChara on January 27, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Rumours of Gordon going to Chelsea as a reserve keeper for them, apparently 2.5 Mill offered already.

Don't think Rodgers will let him go and it'll say more about the keeper himself if he were to leave and sit there in the dugout every week rotting away or play at Celtic every week and get great CL nights and major trophies...But i suppose the money talks ;)