?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: ned on January 05, 2017, 07:21:18 PM
Quote from: Hectic on January 04, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
Good work Tony, missed that when trawling back through. Fairly rare thing all the same.

In an away match,  it's 93.

I should have been more precise with my question - it was one I was looking for the answer for as I could not find it trawling back as far as mid 90's having missed the 3-2 but '93 is a long time to wait to overturn a deficit at snake mountain.  I know the commentators often say that whoever scores first generally does not lose.  It is nice to give them a good hiding thought the cup game was enjoyable stealing it at the death and then lastly to let them fall into a false sense of hope after taking the lead.  The gift that keeps on giving.

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on January 06, 2017, 08:51:34 AM
Def should stay another 12 months...for his own career and Celtic's. If he has another good start to next season (as mentioned) he'd def be sold for £35-£40 million. If selling him it wouldn't be a bad idea selling him to clubs like West Ham or Southampton etc with a good sell on clause...if he succeeds to the very top and is then sold on to a top club then we benefit again...£££££

I think he will be with us as long as we are in Champions League next season.  We will hit an interesting point pretty soon when the league is all but wrapped up and no real challenges until July/August.  I will be particularly interested to see the motivation levels of the players come spring.  I would hope that they remain high but we could end up sleep walking.

illdecide

Quote from: Hectic on January 06, 2017, 09:15:29 AM
Def should stay another 12 months...for his own career and Celtic's. If he has another good start to next season (as mentioned) he'd def be sold for £35-£40 million. If selling him it wouldn't be a bad idea selling him to clubs like West Ham or Southampton etc with a good sell on clause...if he succeeds to the very top and is then sold on to a top club then we benefit again...£££££

I think he will be with us as long as we are in Champions League next season.  We will hit an interesting point pretty soon when the league is all but wrapped up and no real challenges until July/August.  I will be particularly interested to see the motivation levels of the players come spring.  I would hope that they remain high but we could end up sleep walking.

Would it be so bad to give the older more seasoned players more time off say end of April and give them a proper break so they come back for pre-season training early for CL they are well rested...the worst of that is if Celtic make it to the Scottish cup final then that's not really possible but an interesting idea all the same. You'd also be giving younger players more game time and experience which would give you more answers than loaning them out...you'd soon find out which young lads would have the mettle to play for Celtic and which ones go onto play for Morton or St Mirren etc
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on January 06, 2017, 10:58:58 AM
Quote from: Hectic on January 06, 2017, 09:15:29 AM

Would it be so bad to give the older more seasoned players more time off say end of April and give them a proper break so they come back for pre-season training early for CL they are well rested...the worst of that is if Celtic make it to the Scottish cup final then that's not really possible but an interesting idea all the same. You'd also be giving younger players more game time and experience which would give you more answers than loaning them out...you'd soon find out which young lads would have the mettle to play for Celtic and which ones go onto play for Morton or St Mirren etc

Better chance of that if someone beats us before then.

T Fearon

I would say cash in,it is hard to imagine Celtic turning down a £20m offer for any player.Dembele looks the part but so did the likes of Hooper etc,but they couldn't hack it when the went to England.

Hectic

Worst case scenario his value might drop a few million but having him for another season would probably still make that worthwhile. We know where we are at in the bigger scheme of things but it is not flogging a top performer after half a season.

tonto1888

It's all nonsense anyway. There has been no offer.
As for dropping my off in he spring, I doubt the manager would allow that to happen. We could have cup semi final and final to prepare for. Another trip to mordor and possibly finishing off the season unbeaten. Plenty of motivation there

Aaron Boone

And surely Dembele wants to win a League medal too. Plenty of good players finish their careers winning nothing.

ashman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 07, 2017, 10:37:07 AM
And surely Dembele wants to win a League medal too. Plenty of good players finish their careers winning nothing.

The glory of it .

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on January 07, 2017, 11:17:51 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 07, 2017, 10:37:07 AM

The glory of it .
Lol

The expectation to win nearly every game you play under the gaze of 60k supporters and learning to deal with that can only be learned at a handful of clubs.

T Fearon

Listen if someone comes waving a £20m cheque at Lawwell and Co for any Celtic player their hand will be taken off,just like Mc Geady was bundled on the first plane to Moscow when Spartak Moscow came with a £10m cheque

StGallsGAA

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2017, 02:20:16 PM
Listen if someone comes waving a £20m cheque at Lawwell and Co for any Celtic player their hand will be taken off,just like Mc Geady was bundled on the first plane to Moscow when Spartak Moscow came with a £10m cheque

Off loading that geriatric Peter Pan was great business.  He's got steadily worse every season since he left.

bennydorano

What's the rush to sell? The most sensible approach imo would be to retain him for CL qualification, qualify or not he could be sold then (& I certainly hope he stays).

T Fearon

Seriously if someone tabled a firm £20m offer for any Celtic player his arm would be snapped off immediately.

lynchbhoy

Not right now. the money earned this year by Rodgers in getting Celtic to CL and the extra revenue means Celtic are ahead of where they were the past few years.
so they are in no rush to sell.
this time next year might be different and a bid of 25+ million of your pounds sterling would be a good opening bid at the auction.
I think he's good but he's no larsson lubo Sutton or BBJ.

so id def happily sell him then.

mcgeady also had to go as he was not happy playing wide and celtic had better central options.