Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

StGallsGAA

Another 5-1 would not have flattered Rodgers men. If Celtic manage to hold onto their key men this summer and add one or 2 then they'll win the title next season by double scores easily regardless as to who Rangers bring in.   

Syferus

The SPL has become awful stuff the last five or six years. I don't really think Rodgers is doing his prospects any good in Celtic given how shite a job Lennon ended up having to take in England after his reign, the real leagues don't respect the SPL at all. And Dembele will be off to a big league at the end of the season or next if someone doesn't match Celtic's near-random valuation, they're very much a selling club these days.

Milltown Row2

Can see at least 2 players getting a call from a bigger club.. they'd do well to keep them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 31, 2016, 03:00:23 PM
Another 5-1 would not have flattered Rodgers men. If Celtic manage to hold onto their key men this summer and add one or 2 then they'll win the title next season by double scores easily regardless as to who Rangers bring in.

Rangers would not finish in the top two in this year's League of Ireland . 

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 03:13:06 PM
The SPL has become awful stuff the last five or six years. I don't really think Rodgers is doing his prospects any good in Celtic given how shite a job Lennon ended up having to take in England after his reign, the real leagues don't respect the SPL at all. And Dembele will be off to a big league at the end of the season or next if someone doesn't match Celtic's near-random valuation, they're very much a selling club these days.

How much do you think Dembele is worth?

An Watcher

Young player in today's market.  I think 20 million is reasonable.

Itchy

Watched the game this morning. Celtic obviously much better, playing nice football. But they are short about 3 players. The left back very poor defensively although he has a lot of energy. They probably need a centre half and a right midfielder too. Best player on display was Armstrong, he's a real nice player. Rangers are poor but could have stole a draw too if miller hadnt of missed a sitter.

Rodgers was a great appointment and is a very good manager.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: An Watcher on December 31, 2016, 03:39:01 PM

Easily

StGallsGAA

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on December 31, 2016, 03:57:58 PM

Easily

They'll do well to get much more than £10M.  Big clubs know they don't have to pay big to poach Celtic players regardless as to how good they are.  Look at Van Djik as a prime example to So'ton.  Court and unsettle them and Celtic will offload for much less than true worth. 

SHEEDY

seriously poor standard in spl, that has to be 1 of the worst rangers teams ever and they're in 2nd place in the league. celtic should be wiping the floor with a team including clint hill, waghorn, joe garner, kenny miller, halliday etc etc. these players would struggle to get in any decent championship side. kenny miller was finished at cardiff about 6 years ago. celtic strolling to the league title but is it really anything to get excited about.
nil satis nisi optimum

Syferus

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 31, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on December 31, 2016, 03:57:58 PM

Easily

They'll do well to get much more than £10M.  Big clubs know they don't have to pay big to poach Celtic players regardless as to how good they are.  Look at Van Djik as a prime example to So'ton.  Court and unsettle them and Celtic will offload for much less than true worth.

Very little to do with that. It's all about the hooks in their contract he signed. Buyout clauses, sell on percentages. With the inflationary money in the EPL unless Celtic signed Dembele to a stupid contract they should be making a mint from selling him on.

StephenC

Thought it was a very enjoyable game. End to end stuff and some great football from both teams. Good win for Celtic and a nice way to end the year.

illdecide

Some yaps about...moaning about Celtic are a selling club, match was crap, Scottish football is rubbish...FFS dry your eyes. Celtic won away from home in an open enjoyable game where both teams tried to play football. Okay the standard is not exactly Barcelona but that shite you all watch every week in the English Premiership is not much better and we all know the difference in resources (don't need to go into that). Even watching the match as a neutral if u didn't enjoy the open game with end to end chances then you're a hard hoor to please and your just on here to hear yourself ramble.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Syferus

Celtic and Rangers need to bribe whoever needs to be bribed to get into the English league system if they want to be relevant again. Even if they had to start in the National Conference it would be worth it. The TV deals makes the EPL the biggest cash cow in world soccer. I think both Glasgow clubs could be European powers again if they get into a proper league.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 07:13:32 PM
Celtic and Rangers need to bribe whoever needs to be bribed to get into the English league system if they want to be relevant again. Even if they had to start in the National Conference it would be worth it. The TV deals makes the EPL the biggest cash cow in world soccer. I think both Glasgow clubs could be European powers again if they get into a proper league.

Has been done umpteen times on here before but why on earth would English football want/need them?

Don't often see Celtic and never see Rangers but that was enjoyable today.