Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

In his first venture into Europe with Dundalk in 2014 he managed two early qualifying rounds. He is doing a marvellous job but Dundalk was not built in a day.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2016, 10:31:04 PM
In his first venture into Europe with Dundalk in 2014 he managed two early qualifying rounds. He is doing a marvellous job but Dundalk was not built in a day.

Granted as well back in 2014 it could have been viewed as a moral victory getting past one qualifying round.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Be interesting to see how the Dundalk manager would do if he ever got a chance to manage in Scotland. Oh wait.

Hectic

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 21, 2016, 08:36:16 AM
Be interesting to see how the Dundalk manager would do if he ever got a chance to manage in Scotland. Oh wait.

In fairness to Kenny, while his time in Scotland was best forgotten, he was only in his mid 30's at that stage and he was at a club where he had not got a lot to play with but he did get them to the Scottish cup final while getting relegated that same season.  I think he brought in a few league of Ireland players while there but still only in his mid 40's there could well be an opportunity for him again to hit a bigger league.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on October 20, 2016, 07:17:00 PM
Writing a lot of nonsense on this thread.Fact is our Champions League campaign has been shambolic this season,from the defeat to a part time team,our heaviest ever European defeat to last night's shambles,for which the manager takes no responsibility judging by his tea time tv interview.

This is not why the club went out on a limb to recruit a so called top manager on top dollar for.I see no signs of progress or consistency whatsoever.

T Fearon

Dundalk have four points from three games in Europe,Celtic one.Dundalk have been highly competitive in each game,Celtic haven't.Dundalk's budget deficit in comparision with their group rivals is comparatively greater than that of Celtic to theirs.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 21, 2016, 06:18:17 PM
Dundalk have four points from three games in Europe,Celtic one.Dundalk have been highly competitive in each game,Celtic haven't.Dundalk's budget deficit in comparision with their group rivals is comparatively greater than that of Celtic to theirs.

Completely different competitions tiny

ashman

He didn't succeed at Shamrock Rovers or Bohs .  What's your point ???

Any luderman would coach Celtic to win the bigot bowl.

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on October 21, 2016, 07:10:39 PM

He didn't succeed at Shamrock Rovers or Bohs .  What's your point ???

Any luderman would coach Celtic to win the bigot bowl.

As long as you feel better about yourself; whatever it takes eh!

Applesisapples

I have given up on trying to have a rational debate with TF on Celtic and BR. I am concentrating on trolling him back now and then for the craic. Celtic are in a CL group that was never going to yield any more than a couple of points given the differences in quality. When you watched Barca vs City mid week you got a real perspective on the 7 nil defeat. Barca could have won that one 8 nil or and like Celtic,City missed a few chances. Exactly what match Steve McMenamin and Fletch were watching on BT Sport though I don't know, their coverage of the CL is crap.

T Fearon

If Dundalk can compete with a Champions League regular side,then Celtic properly managed should be capable at least of being competitive at least against any Champions League side,not outplayed at home by relative mediocrities like Moenchengladbach.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 22, 2016, 12:33:59 PM
If Dundalk can compete with a Champions League regular side,then Celtic properly managed should be capable at least of being competitive at least against any Champions League side,not outplayed at home by relative mediocrities like Moenchengladbach.

I'm still confused on this, they were beat! Allowed the team to score two quick goals against them, they didn't manage to hold on to their lead... now fair play Dundalk but Christ man they were still beat!!!

Competitive is winning or at the very least getting a draw away from home, no?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Competitive is not suffering 7 nil defeats or being outplayed at home by injury stricken mediocre sides.

uimhr ocht

sevco tomorrow at hampden we need to bounce back after midweek hope we can secure the win and keep them out of reach.Tony doesnt like rodgers much which is  fair enough but i would like to know who he thinks should have been appointed after deila.

bennydorano

He's been talking shite about Rodgers from before a ball was kicked this season, his personal vendetta has undermined any chance of a reasoned discussion.

Expect a tight one 2moro, Rangers have gotten their act together a bit. Draw & ET.