?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 30, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 29, 2016, 07:11:29 PM
What I don't understand is that last night's performance and result was no where near the performance and result against Barcelona in 2012,yet few praised Lennon at the time and even less now.Yet you'd think Coco was Jock Stein reincarnated,such is the praise that has been lavished upon him,a mere two weeks after utter humiliation against Barcelona.
Tony, don't talk shit Barca are capable of hitting any one for 7. I wouldn't have chosen Rodgers (or O'Neill from OWC) but I will give him a chance. My son a Liverpool supporter feels he wasn't supported enough at Liverpool and that Klopp isn't really a big improvement. Jock Stein he is not but given time he could be better than Martin O'Neill. I don't mind your trolling its a bit a craic. But I do feel you've been in Portydown too long. By the way how did things work out with Cross...oh yeah stuffed, Oisin wasn't to far off the mark. :D

Clearly Tir na nOg should have played with 12 defenders, 1 midfielder and 1 forward. They gotta sack the manager!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

The 1967 winning goal was jammy. A bird flew on the pitch and distracted the defender. Jock Stein had no tactical nous. St Jude was a much better manager  . Jesus was great for the crosses.

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on September 30, 2016, 10:11:07 AM

I think you will find Lennon got massive credit for the win against Barcelona - we had Miku starting up front that night FFS - what I do not remember is any over the top criticism for Lennon when we got humped 6-1 in Barcelona the following season.
I thought Miku played very well as the lonely man upfront that night, a one off as it turned out.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on September 30, 2016, 05:54:42 PM

I think you will find Lennon got massive credit for the win against Barcelona - we had Miku starting up front that night FFS - what I do not remember is any over the top criticism for Lennon when we got humped 6-1 in Barcelona the following season.
I thought Miku played very well as the lonely man upfront that night, a one off as it turned out.

Correct. That was his good game.

T Fearon

Film about Jinky Johnstone on BBC Alba tonight at 9.30.Looking forward to watching this.Never got to see Jinky play in the flesh,though I did see Simpson,Gemmell,Murdoch and Lennox play in the flesh,and saw big Jock in the dugout

Hectic

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 30, 2016, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 30, 2016, 05:54:42 PM

Correct. That was his good game.

Not saying he played badly, more a sign that we managed it without our first choice 11 of the time.

charlieTully

Quote from: T Fearon on September 30, 2016, 07:32:05 PM
Film about Jinky Johnstone on BBC Alba tonight at 9.30.Looking forward to watching this.Never got to see Jinky play in the flesh,though I did see Simpson,Gemmell,Murdoch and Lennox play in the flesh,and saw big Jock in the dugout

that's better Tony. Welcome back to the fold.  ;)

T Fearon

bennydorano

Be interesting today, definitely potentially vulnerable today after the come down from Wed night, presumably there'll be a few changes. Brown & Toure should get a rest.

T Fearon

It should be a routine win without conceding a goal,but won't be of course.

Incidentally if Coco has done such a great job with Celtic how come he's 66/1,same price as Warburton,for the England job? Was he not one of the short priced favourites for this same job,after the Euros ended?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: bennydorano on October 01, 2016, 08:14:27 AM
Be interesting today, definitely potentially vulnerable today after the come down from Wed night, presumably there'll be a few changes. Brown & Toure should get a rest.
Yep definitely those two should get a rest ,

Newbridge Exile

As the Lisbon  lions Facebook page posted "Scott Brown has been immense this season. Some of us thought he was genuinely done last season. Shows what a good manager with a clear message and instruction does. The way he's playing just now, he's irreplaceable. "As a lot of people commented he was hampered by injury last season but low and behold  guess what Tiny shared this on his Facebook page(with no rant or comment  about Rodgers )  :) :)

tonto1888

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 01, 2016, 11:53:51 AM
As the Lisbon  lions Facebook page posted "Scott Brown has been immense this season. Some of us thought he was genuinely done last season. Shows what a good manager with a clear message and instruction does. The way he's playing just now, he's irreplaceable. "As a lot of people commented he was hampered by injury last season but low and behold  guess what Tiny shared this on his Facebook page(with no rant or comment  about Rodgers )  :) :)

He's a brown fan and it'll be more about brown that Rodgers

T Fearon

Another non descript first half,failing to keep the momentum or feel gòod factor going.

Il Bomber Destro

Brown is playing out of his skin for Rodgers. A fantastic leader for Celtic over the past 7/8 years.