?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

king of leon

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2016, 10:32:39 PM
If that was Ronny's team there'd be a protest against the Board outside Celtic Park this minute

Protesting at winning a game 2-0. Good one you 🔔🔚

T Fearon

http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/rodgers-not-pleased-with-celtic-performance/160189?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TwitterFeed

Well it looks like the manager isn't living in cloud cuckoo land like the rest of you lot.I'll give him credit for being pragmatic.He's not pleased.Next step is for him to address the failings.

tonto1888

Rodgers is better than  you give him credit for Tony. I don't think he will shy away from saying things like that

lenny

Quote from: Upthecut on September 21, 2016, 10:41:23 PM
Just a thought on the transfer dealings of the last 2 managers.

Brendan Rodgers (May 2016 - present)

12 Cristian Gamboa, £1m from West Bromwich Albion, Aug 2016 [BBC]
24 Dorus de Vries, undisclosed from Nottingham Forest, Aug 2016 [BBC]
11 Scott Sinclair, £3.5m from Aston Villa, Aug 2016 [BBC]
02 Kolo Toure, free from Liverpool, Jul 2016 [BBC]
10 Moussa Dembele, £500,000 from Fulham, Jun 2016 [BBC]

Ronny Delia June 2014 - May 2016

2014 - 2015
29 Michael Duffy, undisclosed from Derry City, Feb 2015 [BBC]
14 Stuart Armstrong, £1.75m from Dundee United, Feb 2015 [BBC]
16 Gary Mackay-Steven, £250,000 from Dundee United, Feb 2015 [BBC]
09 John Guidetti, (loan) from Manchester City, Sep 2014 [BBC]
12 Stefan Scepovic, £2.3m from Sporting Gijon, Sep 2014 [BBC]
32 Mubarak Wakaso, (loan) from Rubin Kazan, Aug 2014 [BBC]
22 Jason Denayer, (loan) from Manchester City, Aug 2014 [BBC]
27 Aleksander Tonev, (loan) from Aston Villa, Aug 2014 [BBC]
16 Jo Inge Berget, (loan) from Cardiff City, Jul 2014 [BBC]
26 Craig Gordon, free, Jul 2014 [BBC]

2015 - 2016
35 Kristoffer Ajer, undisclosed from IK Start, Feb 2016 [BBC]
13 Colin Kazim-Richards, free from Feyenoord, Feb 2016 [BBC]
27 Patrick Roberts, (loan) from Manchester City, Jan 2016 [BBC]
28 Erik Sviatchenko, £1.5m from Midtjylland, Jan 2016 [BBC]
24 Carlton Cole, unattached, Oct 2015 [BBC]
05 Jozo Simunovic, £3m from Dinamo Zagreb, Aug 2015 [BBC]
17 Ryan Christie, £500,000 from Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Aug 2015 [BBC]
02 Tyler Blackett, (loan) from Manchester United, Aug 2015 [BBC]
19 Scott Allan, £275,000 plus Liam Henderson(loan) from Hibernian, Aug 2015 [BBC]
07 Nadir Cifti, £1.5m from Dundee United, Jul 2015 [BBC]
26 Logan Bailly, £250,000 from OH Leuven, Jul 2015 [BBC]
22 Saidy Janko, undisclosed from Manchester United, Jul 2015 [BBC]
20 Dedryck Boyata, £1.5m from Manchester City, Jun 2015 [BBC]

taken from this website - http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Transfers+-+Players+In

It's absolutely ridiculous for some people on here to suggest Brendan Rodgers has got the backing of the board that Ronny Deila didn't get. Deila got plenty of backing but unfortunately bought too many duds and also couldn't get the team organised. We already look like much more of a cohesive unit under Rodgers and Sinclair is proving to be a great signing and a real fans favourite.

T Fearon

It's not the fees it's the salaries.Sinclair and Dembele are earning far more than any of Ronny's signings.There's also the issue of who made the signings in Ronny's era,when it is widely accepted he had signings foisted upon him.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2016, 10:10:18 PM
How dare you mention Neil Lennon's name in the same breath as our current super manager,who deserves a knighthood after tonight's stunning 2 nil win over Alloa,which has instantly banished the disappointment of Barcelona.🙄

why so bitter tony?

I know you were a huge rony fan but this is silly...

almost all fans liked ronny but he wasn't good enought

alloa on a roll at a moment and it's hard beating a form team esp when you make so many changes to your side and disrupt the cohesion

Rogers doing well so far. but id expect better as he has more time . I'd not expect or want similar results v barca again.

best potential manager since MON
we will see if his progression continues.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2016, 08:51:29 PM
Mourinho has a much harder task,competing with mega spending neighbours Man City, not to mention Chelsea,Spurs etc.He hasn't the luxury of zero domestic opposition.Also he is manager of arguably the biggest club in the world, in terms of profile,fan base etc
Tony not 3 pages ago you were comparing him favourably to Rodgers in terms of starts. Go off to the OWC and Servco sites where you actually belong and leave rational debate on this thread to those of us who are actual fans, not prawn sandwich eating wannabes. Rodgers inherited a shit squad with no motivation and has managed to show some improvement. Mourinho inherited a set of decent if not world beating players and is struggling. You should look in the mirror before calling anyone Coco.

Hectic

2 defensive midfielders and 1 central attacking midfielder and we will not be far off.  Will take a bit of money to get these players in but then this seasons windfall and if it guarantees the same next year and onward then it makes a lot of sense.

As for last night - job done.

Franko

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 22, 2016, 08:31:24 AM
How dare you mention Neil Lennon's name in the same breath as our current super manager,who deserves a knighthood after tonight's stunning 2 nil win over Alloa,which has instantly banished the disappointment of Barcelona.🙄

why so bitter tony?

alloa on a roll at a moment and it's hard beating a form team esp when you make so many changes to your side and disrupt the cohesion

Rogers doing well so far. but id expect better as he has more time . I'd not expect or want similar results v barca again.

Tony's raging cos Rodgers left the wife to chase after a young thing.  Not being a good Catholic etc etc.  That's all it is - if Benny was still playing happy families he'd be a great fella.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on September 22, 2016, 10:51:31 AM
2 defensive midfielders and 1 central attacking midfielder and we will not be far off.  Will take a bit of money to get these players in but then this seasons windfall and if it guarantees the same next year and onward then it makes a lot of sense.

As for last night - job done.

And of course a keeper but I am pretty sure Vorm is out of contract next summer so I think that he will be signing up on a pre-contract in January to arrive next summer.

Main Street

The condition could be called Trollophilia, but unlike Paedophile abuse, Trollophilia can be more likened to S&M. where here adult people consent (possibly take pleasure) to having abuse inflicted upon them by a Troll.
The more people who line up to be abused by the Troll the more it revels and as the appetite for attention increases to obsessive addictive proportions, the more asinine the opinions become.

Gabriel_Hurl

Can you please tell people to ignore TF again - they missed the first 18,000 times you've told them to  ::)

tonto1888

Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2016, 11:04:41 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 22, 2016, 08:31:24 AM

why so bitter tony?

Tony's raging cos Rodgers left the wife to chase after a young thing.  Not being a good Catholic etc etc.  That's all it is - if Benny was still playing happy families he'd be a great fella.

What is Tiny's opinion on Lennon?

T Fearon

We need to get away from Ronny crap Brendy great syndrome.As far as I can see they both do or did ok domestically and both were and are crap in Europe.

However Rodgers has been brought in at a huge salary not simply to do better than Ronny but to improve the team substantially.This he has not done nor shown any signs of doing

trueblue1234

Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2016, 04:10:51 PM
We need to get away from Ronny crap Brendy great syndrome.As far as I can see they both do or did ok domestically and both were and are crap in Europe.

However Rodgers has been brought in at a huge salary not simply to do better than Ronny but to improve the team substantially.This he has not done nor shown any signs of doing

Did Ronny qualify for CL?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit