?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lenny

Quote from: Longshanks on September 20, 2016, 01:33:01 PM
Is there anyway we can start a new thread and bar a certain individual?? ;) Hardly any point contributing to the thread anymore as you rarely get a chance for a rational discussion without said man hijacking it.

Just ignore his comments. Everyone else agrees that Rodgers is doing a good job and the team are playing much better than the last few years.

T Fearon

The team doing better than in previous years (allegedly given they were beaten by a Gibraltar team and stuffed by Barcelona) is not a key performance indicator,given that the previous years were marked by serious underachievement.

tonto1888

Alloa tomorrow night. Good game to get some confidence back after the Barca game. 2-2 away to ict not the worst result but be good to get back in he win column

T Fearon

What is there to be gained in defeating Alloa (assuming they do)? A ten nil win will be meaningless in the grand scheme of things

tonto1888

Winning breeds confidence Tony. That's what there is to be gained. Oh, and a place in the next round of the cup 🤔

T Fearon

Yes but defeating Alloa is meaningless,in terms of Man City's visit next week.In fact a big win over Alloa could actually give us false degree of confidence for the City game.In any event I wouldn't field a very strong team against Alloa

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2016, 09:14:22 PM
Yes but defeating Alloa is meaningless,in terms of Man City's visit next week.In fact a big win over Alloa could actually give us false degree of confidence for the City game.In any event I wouldn't field a very strong team against Alloa

I doubt that would happen. I would like to see some of the fringe players get game time too actually

Aaron Boone

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 20, 2016, 06:43:52 PM
Alloa tomorrow night. Good game to get some confidence back after the Barca game. 2-2 away to ict not the worst result but be good to get back in he win column

Tonight's opponents have a feeder club in Hawaii, Aloha United.

Applesisapples

I saw Mourinho quoted as an example of the wonders a new coach should be capable of, I'd bet he'd swap Rodgers start for his own at this stage.

Hectic

Tonight is about resting players while getting to the next round be it 1-0 of 4-0.

lynchbhoy

Yes that is what you want a football manager to do.

too often the past few years under Strachan or ronny Celtic beat all the Diddy teams and were caught napping by complacency and tiredness from having the first team out inj from playing too much too often when not required.

on fact with dwindling resources Rogers has done better than his two predecessors already in his first few months at the job.
plus playing far better football.
transfer market dealings far surpass the prev two guys.

Tony
either you've gone ott on the wind up attempts or there is some actual underlying reason for your irrational dislike of Rogers that is blotting your objectiveness.
cheer up old pal!

T Fearon

Objectively I don't see presiding over defeat by a part time team from Gibraltar or Celtic's worst ever result in Europe as any sort of progress.

Ronny wasn't given the resources to sign a Sinclair or Dembele (who went awol in the Nou Camp after missing a penalty). In short and at best the jury is still out on the current Celtic manager

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2016, 05:56:41 PM
Objectively I don't see presiding over defeat by a part time team from Gibraltar or Celtic's worst ever result in Europe as any sort of progress.

Ronny wasn't given the resources to sign a Sinclair or Dembele (who went awol in the Nou Camp after missing a penalty). In short and at best the jury is still out on the current Celtic manager

Dembele isn't a big investment, he cost 300,000 and is 19 years old. Ronny bought Simunovic for 3.5 million, Scepovic for 1.8 million, Ciftci, Boyota from Man City and plenty of others on big wages like Carlton Cole and Kazim Richards. But sure why let the facts get in the way of peddling your agenda.

T Fearon

I don't have an agenda.I and others like me,Roy Keane for example are less than enamoured by embarrassing displays in Europe which are not compensated for by routine wins,for the most part in domestic competition against weak opponents.

T Fearon

0-0 at half time at home to Alloa😡.Maybe now Coco's apologists will catch themselves on