Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Calling someone a clown at his or her profession is harmless and an everyday occurrence, even more so if the person is actually a bona fide Circus Clown.For real personal insults accompanied by genuine bitterness,check out some of the comments on this thread aimed at myself.

Mickey Linden

Tony, I'll tip my hat to u. U set out to
Wind these boys up and boy did u succeed! Every 3rd post ur being ignored?? What would this tread be without u?

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2016, 09:22:24 PM
Calling someone a clown at his or her profession is harmless and an everyday occurrence, even more so if the person is actually a bona fide Circus Clown.For real personal insults accompanied by genuine bitterness,check out some of the comments on this thread aimed at myself.

I think I called you an idiot and that was out of frustration at your refusal to see the progress we have made under Rodgers. You keep calling him a clown. A circus clown. That's more than just him being, in your eyes, inept at his job. That's getting in personal. Not that he will give a toss either way

Hectic

Watched the game last night - did not learn a great deal that I did not already know i.e. we are going to ship goals until we get good defensive midfielders into the team to protect the back 4 while DeVreis still has a lot to do to convince me that he is a better option than even Gordon and it is a little early to be judging Gamboa given he has hardly kicked a ball in first team football in the last couple of years but this is what we have got to go with until January when hopefully we will be seeing more signings in required areas of the quality of Sinclair, Dembele and Toure.

Big Jozo looked classy with the ball at his feet what time he was on the park.  I truly believe that if we can get this guy fit we will have an absolute class act of a centre half on our hands - saw enough in glimpses last season to suggest he has what it takes ability wise even if his body raises doubts.  I actually wondered watching him so comfortable in possession could he do an emergency job for us at centre mid until Jan.

While we missed plenty of chances yesterday we did get lucky on occasion as well - most notably from the incident that could have been either a penalty or a red card depending where the contact was made.  In the referees defence he was looking at it from behind and at this angle on the replay it looked like the Caley attacker instead of following the line of the ball dozed into Erik however Howard Webb was pretty adamant that it was a foul so I will accept that.

T Fearon

Do you detect any improvement? The same failings are manifest week after week.

Hectic

I saw from early in the campaign that if teams go at us they will get goals off us - in fact I think had the Israelis kept going at us rather than trying to settle for 3-2 we could have been out on our ear.

But look I never in a million years thought we would get Champions League this season.  The squad was packed and lop sided and players were underperforming so looking at the early season fixture list I think sitting clear at the top of the table and in the group stages of the Champions League is better than anyone could have wished for.

The manager has come in and with what he has achieved so far he has given the coffers such a significant boost that the job of getting in better players should be that little bit easier - never easy though in Scotland.  There are deficiencies in the squad that have yet to be addressed but again a manager coming in the door needs to properly assess what he has got before making wholesale changes - that is what the period from now to Christmas is for and then we will see what we can do to upgrade the personnel and more importantly fill the gaps that are evident - in my opinion players who can protect the back 4 particularly while playing in Europe - whether or when we get these players time will tell.

I suppose playing in Scotland and trying to put on a show with attacking football we will still get away with in comfortably the way it is but by next summer heading into Champions League qualification I would like to think that we will be a much tougher nut to crack and we should all have a much better idea then where things are heading generally.

T Fearon

Look at the pressure Mourinho is under after three successive defeats.I don't hear anyone saying it's all Van Gaal's fault or he needs time etc.There is no honeymoon for managers at big clubs,they are judged on their ability to effect immediate improvements and deliver results

Hectic

I think taking the same group of players that failed in qualifying two years running to the Champions League is a clear improvement. With the money involved compared to the pittance available in Scotland this creates the conditions for serious improvement.

Within qualifying our manager show an ability to change tactics during the games, particularly against last seasons Champions League team Astana, to positively impact on the outcome. Also against the Israelis at home he made ballsy changes at 3 2 to seal the tie when they looked to try to take that result, while in the return leg which was less than comfortable he made the changes to ensure the last 20 mins was ther most comfortable part of the game. This is improvement as Ronny would not have shown the same flexibility.

In Scotland Celtic managers are on a hiding to nothing due to lack of competition but relatively speaking we were given a tough start where we have beaten 2nd, 3rd and 4th from last season as well as Scotland's newest professional team. Sunday was always going to be a potential banana skin off the back of a busy week and so it proved.

Entertainment wise we are enjoying highly entertaining games the like of which we have not had in a while and at the end of the day the Celtic way is to entertain.

Two blots Red Imps and Barcelona.

Red Imps was in the middle of the fitness building and I suspect the game was played without preferring specifically for it as opposed to training with a view to 1st leg of following round. Embarrassing, a bit at the time but we all knew it was having no impact on the tie.

Barcelona, plenty has been said here in the past week and the big disappointed for me was that wee stood back and admired them but we will have 5 more games to play, all against highly attacking teams so we will see as we go along what we are learning though for this level there is work to be done in the transfer market as well as the training field.

So in conclusion for immediate impact improvement in Europe; Scotland too soon to measure but the signs are good; entertainment absolutely.

But hey keep trolling because Rodgers has already bought himself this season so no matter how much you would like to heap the pressure on, right now he has the backing of the Celtic support.

Main Street

This thread is infested with a queue of fools lining up  attempting to debate rationally with a blob of teflon who rabbits on and on about the same old stuff.
All that is being written now in reply to this troll,  has been written before, repeatedly.
All points of correction to the most insane attention seeking nonsense, have been ignored, sidestepped and  troll returns to default rant.
Then the cycle starts again and again.
The madness goes on and on  the queue just gets longer and longer to reply to the troll.
This thread is rationally depraved.  :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on September 19, 2016, 06:59:17 PM
This thread is infested with a queue of fools lining up  attempting to debate rationally with a blob of teflon who rabbits on and on about the same old stuff.
All that is being written now in reply to this troll,  has been written before, repeatedly.
All points of correction to the most insane attention seeking nonsense, have been ignored, sidestepped and  troll returns to default rant.
The madness goes on and on  the queue just gets longer and longer to reply to the troll.

How many times have you made that same point? Do what I did. Give up and leave them at it :)

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2016, 07:40:59 PM

How many times have you made that same point? Do what I did. Give up and leave them at it :)
True enough, repetition,
but
there is a marked difference to rail repeatedly against the effects of a tread troll, than the repetition of the troll itself.

Hectic

Fair enough though I have only stuck my head in this past week so fresh enough but point taken. Shall ignore the zombie from here on in.

T Fearon

Celtic v Alloa coming up in the League Cup.Surely not even the clown could mess this one up?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
Celtic v Alloa coming up in the League Cup.Surely not even the clown could mess this one up?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Longshanks

Is there anyway we can start a new thread and bar a certain individual?? ;) Hardly any point contributing to the thread anymore as you rarely get a chance for a rational discussion without said man hijacking it.