Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

I wouldnt get over excited by a 5-1 win over a promoted club.Once again we fail to keep a clean sheet and fail to exploit goal scoring opportunities.Real acid test is against Barcelona in midweek.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2016, 03:42:49 PM
I wouldnt get over excited by a 5-1 win over a promoted club.Once again we fail to keep a clean sheet and fail to exploit goal scoring opportunities.Real acid test is against Barcelona in midweek.

Do you accept that they have improved under Rodgers since they played Rangers last season though? Playing Barcelona is not he acid test for Scottish clubs by the way. That's just ridiculous!
That was never a square ball!!

winghalfback

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2016, 03:42:49 PM

You're a grump man.

It was a top performance pressured the zombies all day didn't give them any time on the ball played with great pace and scored 5 very good goals. Rangers goal come from a lack of concentration and keeper being out of position.

You're right should be beating promoted teams 5-1 they done that and have won well in all league games all season.

Rodgers has worked a treat his buys in the summer have been top class spent less than 7m and brought in real quality he also has shown some tactical prowess over the season too. Bringing on Armstrong and Roberts really won the game for us ( as if it hadn't already been won) Roberts dragged the Huns wide Armstrong was strong on the ball driving through the middle.

Now Barcelona is not an acid test. Celtic are not at that level but I'll guarantee they will go and give them a game they have an energy now they hadn't got under Ronny granted I was never a Ronny fan. Celtic could get a result on Tuesday night don't rule it out.

Main Street

life must be very very boring up north if  troll talk holds more interest than your daily drudge, it must give actual purpose to your life.

Newbridge Exile

Some difference Brendan Rodgers has made in a few months , Sinclair Demble looking to be shrewd signings and style of play miles more entertaining than the last few years , defensively still work to do but definitely going the right way

bennydorano

He's no wum, you all  give him way too much credit. He's an obstinate gobshite who backs himself needlessly into corners and refuses to change course.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on September 10, 2016, 05:43:29 PM
life must be very very boring up north if  troll talk holds more interest than your daily drudge, it must give actual purpose to your life.

And you waiting to respond every time someone responds to him isn't exactly living life on the edge either.
That was never a square ball!!

stew

Benny you are wrong big man, Tony is winding, no sane person could be that deluded.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Earlier this week I set our super manager a two part test.Paper A to beat Rangers convincingly (he got there in the end) Paper B to devise astute tactics and a gameplan to be competitive against Barcelona.Paper A was passed but Paper B will ultimately tell the tale.

Poor Ronny must be wondering what his lot would have been had he been able to sign Sinclair,Dembele,Toure last season as well as a fully fit Scott Brown.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2016, 06:18:24 PM
Earlier this week I set our super manager a two part test.Paper A to beat Rangers convincingly (he got there in the end) Paper B to devise astute tactics and a gameplan to be competitive against Barcelona.Paper A was passed but Paper B will ultimately tell the tale.

Poor Ronny must be wondering what his lot would have been had he been able to sign Sinclair,Dembele,Toure last season as well as a fully fit Scott Brown.

Instead Ronnie signed the likes of Ciftci.

Anyway, great result. Just imagine Celtic had played to their full potential

T Fearon

When Ronny had Denayer,Guidetti etc he took us to the last 16 of Europa League and a 1 goal defeat by Inter.I doubt if Rodgers will achieve that this season.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2016, 06:27:08 PM
When Ronny had Denayer,Guidetti etc he took us to the last 16 of Europa League and a 1 goal defeat by Inter.I doubt if Rodgers will achieve that this season.

Last 32 but sure why let the truth get in the way. Remind me, was that the season Ronnie managed to get us knocked out of Europe 3 times?

Nigel White

Quote from: JimStynes on September 10, 2016, 01:24:57 PM
Tony is going to be ripping
I'd say his spunk hit the ceiling when he saw that post.

uimhr ocht

incredible atmosphere and result fair play to brendan rodgers, dembelle, sinclair look the business.

SHEEDY

Barcelona beaten 2-1 at home by deportivo alves, nothing to fear for Celtic on Tuesday night.  ;)
nil satis nisi optimum