?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

TabClear

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
Pep Guardiola V Brendan Rodgers.Need I say more.

God no. But I bet you f**king will

clarshack

nightmare group but anything's possible in football!

charlieTully

what is it with Celtic always drawing barca ffs. hope to get to at least one game, give the son his first taste of CL atmosphere, hard to beat.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 25, 2016, 08:32:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 25, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 25, 2016, 06:16:20 PM
Well I should be able to get a ticket for the game at the etihad. Otherwise what a rubbish draw
Rubbish? You have one of the best teams in the world to play and another with one of the best managers and also a decent German team.
It's not like Celtic are going to win the fecking thing,surely you'd rather see them come up against the best and test themselves.
They are 6 games to get excited about if you are a Celtic fan imo..there's hardly much excitement playing the likes of Motherwell and Dundee everyweek ffs
. You are correct in what you say. I was meaning rubbish in the fact that we've no chance if even getting third which I was hoping we would have had. They will be 6 games to get excited, and nervous, about alright
I'd say there's a fighting chance for 3rd spot.  Borussia M. are not exactly world beaters and Celtic will rise to the occasion.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2016, 09:27:12 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 25, 2016, 08:32:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 25, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 25, 2016, 06:16:20 PM
Well I should be able to get a ticket for the game at the etihad. Otherwise what a rubbish draw
Rubbish? You have one of the best teams in the world to play and another with one of the best managers and also a decent German team.
It's not like Celtic are going to win the fecking thing,surely you'd rather see them come up against the best and test themselves.
They are 6 games to get excited about if you are a Celtic fan imo..there's hardly much excitement playing the likes of Motherwell and Dundee everyweek ffs
. You are correct in what you say. I was meaning rubbish in the fact that we've no chance if even getting third which I was hoping we would have had. They will be 6 games to get excited, and nervous, about alright
I'd say there's a fighting chance for 3rd spot.  Borussia M. are not exactly world beaters and Celtic will rise to the occasion.

Hope so mate. If we can get 4 points out of the back to back games with then then we've a chance

T Fearon

Last night,Moenchengladbach  6 Young Boys 1. 4 points off them? Don't make me laugh.The tragedy is that every one of these three clubs,and indeed everyone else in Pots 1,2 and 3 would have been hoping to get Celtic

heffo

Rodgers, a top manager has certainly earned his top salary - great that he's brought us back where we belong.

What I like most about him is his ability to see the game and make the required changes.

Orior

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2016, 10:01:40 PM
Rodgers, a top manager has certainly earned his top salary - great that he's brought us back where we belong.

What I like most about him is his ability to see the game and make the required changes.

Yeap, except for that blind spot called Janko!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Today's Irish News off the fence column contribution from "Celtic Supporter" This was not written by me,but it does show you there are discerning fans like me out there.

"How Celtic got through after that performance I do not know.I don't know yet what sort of manager Brendan Rodgers is,but he's a very lucky one."

heffo

Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2016, 10:08:43 PM

Think Janko has something on him

ned

Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2016, 10:08:43 PM

I am sure we will see very little of Janko once we have all first choice defenders back. What was the alternative on Tuesday? Certainly not playing O'Connell or risking Sveitchenko.

heffo

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2016, 10:11:46 PM
Today's Irish News off the fence column contribution from "Celtic Supporter" This was not written by me,but it does show you there are discerning fans like me out there.

"How Celtic got through after that performance I do not know.I don't know yet what sort of manager Brendan Rodgers is,but he's a very lucky one."

Great compliment - he doesn't have to be a good general, just a lucky one. Earned his corn for sure.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2016, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on August 25, 2016, 06:46:46 PM
Tough draw alright Barcelona again lovely city tho. Man city paddy Roberts will pull them apart Kolo meets yaya and Germany anything has to be better than Hamburg
Celtic and Hamburg are a good match and get along just fine.

Sarcasm? Hamburg huns of Germany!

T Fearon

Heffo,we are going to need a lot more than luck from now on in.We have lost time in developing confidence and game plans,and have tripped over a tree and landed in the group stages,surprised,dazed,unprepared and wondering what we're doing there.

heffo

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
Heffo,we are going to need a lot more than luck from now on in.We have lost time in developing confidence and game plans,and have tripped over a tree and landed in the group stages,surprised,dazed,unprepared and wondering what we're doing there.

I wouldn't agree Big T, think the only way is up from here. Got a result Tuesday playing away from home in humid conditions and down the services of some key players.

Getting into the CL group stages means we have the chance to get one or two more decent signings in - if Celtic finish bottom it'll be in line with expectations, budget and standard of weekly opponents.

If Rodgers leaves next summer he'll have earned his salary over many times. Win win for me and looking forward to an exciting season.