Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Spurs 1-1 draw was acceptable.Also Pochettino has us in the Champions League this year.Would Liverpool be in it if Rodgers hadn't got the boot last season? Spurs are fulfilling their potential,Celtic aren't.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2016, 06:12:10 PM
Spurs 1-1 draw was acceptable.Also Pochettino has us in the Champions League this year.Would Liverpool be in it if Rodgers hadn't got the boot last season? Spurs are fulfilling their potential,Celtic aren't.

Celtic have had a couple of games under Rodgers. To say they are not fulfilling their potential is ridiculous. You can't say one way or another. This season will really see how Spurs are or if last season was, as I expect, a flash in the pan

T Fearon

Wednesday night will tell the tale as far as Rodgers is concerned.Failure to qualify is inexcusable.

T Fearon

Man City 3-0 up early in the second half in Bucharest,in what is only the manager's second competitive game.You see that's the immediate and decisive impact a truly good manager makes.This is a tie City would have struggled with under Pellegrini or Mancini.

imtommygunn

Yes i mean they only got to the semis last year so beating steau bucharest in the qualifying is clearly a huge improvement ::)

T Fearon

There is no way City would have recorded a 5 nil win in this tie last year.Probably a lucky draw or a one goal defeat before scraping through at home in the second leg.That's the impact a real top manager has

BennyHarp

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2016, 09:28:39 PM
Yes i mean they only got to the semis last year so beating steau bucharest in the qualifying is clearly a huge improvement ::)

Also the £151 million spent on players may help too.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

They got to the semi. Teams in qualifying are easy pickings for the likes of city and always have been. Fully expected result by guardiola or pellegrini.

Incidentally they were lucky enough against sunderland on saturday. Guardiola not up to it?

If you can credit this result you can credit motherwell result ???

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2016, 09:37:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2016, 09:28:39 PM

Also the £151 million spent on players may help too.

;D, v good

T Fearon

Celtic must show the same authority tomorrow night,the gap between them and their opponents in terms of budget,stature history etc replicates that of Man City over Steua.Sadly I fear we will concede,win narrowly 2-1 to set up a very nervous second leg trip.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2016, 10:24:00 PM
Celtic must show the same authority tomorrow night,the gap between them and their opponents in terms of budget,stature history etc replicates that of Man City over Steua.Sadly I fear we will concede,win narrowly 2-1 to set up a very nervous second leg trip.

Do you want to back that statement up with some figures?

MoChara

Total Market Value for Players

Celtic  48.03Mill
HAPOEL BEER SHEVA 10.88Mill

Steau Bucharest 22.31Mill
Manchester City 501.08Mill

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-fc/startseite/verein/371/saison_id/2016

Celtic still have a good advantage about 5 times the cost, but to say its on a par with Man Citys 250 times is a bit far out lol

heffo

Quote from: MoChara on August 17, 2016, 08:55:30 AM
Total Market Value for Players

Celtic  48.03Mill
HAPOEL BEER SHEVA 10.88Mill

Steau Bucharest 22.31Mill
Manchester City 501.08Mill

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-fc/startseite/verein/371/saison_id/2016

Celtic still have a good advantage about 5 times the cost, but to say its on a par with Man Citys 250 times is a bit far out lol

Stature and history are worth a two goal head start. Everyone knows that.

illdecide

We're still replying to that tool bucket ::)

Those figures for the players are just made up FFS. K Tireney is worth £425.000 and Ambrose is worth £2.13 million...aye right. Eoghan O'Connell is apparently worth £43.000. Pinch of salt.

On the game tonight i feel it will be tough to break them down as they play 5 across the back, J Forrest & S Sinclair will be key in this game getting in behind their full backs. A close game is likely and we may have to settle for a 1-0 scoreline. However, the tie could be more interesting in Israel as they will have to open up a bit and come at Celtic which we could hit them on the break.

Hopefully the crowd and atmosphere can unsettle them tonight and hopefully i'm wrong and we get a 3-0 result (fingers crossed).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

themac_23