62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Did Celtic buy a player for £12m?

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
They have Toure,Dembele,Roberts (£12m),Griffiths,Forrest,Tierney etc.All good proven players to name but six,and a manager remunerated at over £2m per annum,not to mention highly favourable draws..As I keep saying there are no excuses this season

Toure - nearly as old as myself. Dembele - could be very good. Roberts - loan (unfortunately) and also injured. Griffiths - great for SPL but not europe. Forrest - dont rate him. Tierney - could be very good. Far from proven!

stew

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 05, 2016, 11:03:14 PM
Why do people continue to acknowledge this Tony Fearon fella. Complete gobshite!!

Because he is always the smartest man in the room and oh yeah, he was in here before 99 % of the posters on here. Does that answer your question newbie?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stew on August 06, 2016, 08:56:28 AM
Why do people continue to acknowledge this Tony Fearon fella. Complete gobshite!!

Because he is always the smartest man in the room and oh yeah, he was in here before 99 % of the posters on here. Does that answer your question newbie?
Drinking?

stew

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 06, 2016, 09:07:55 AM
Quote from: stew on August 06, 2016, 08:56:28 AM

Drinking?

Not since I had three pints of black last night no!

It is nine thirty in the morning ffs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Another test tomorrow at Hearts.Pressure on especially if Rangers get off to a winning start today as well.No excuses

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 10:48:20 PM
A real Celtic supporter does not have lower expectations and recognises when the team is not fulfilling its potential.A real Celtic supporter will never accept any excuse for losing to a part time team.

Funny, I'd class real Celtic supporters as those who support the club and management no matter what. Whilst maybe being unhappy at certain aspects, still wanting the team to do well no matter what. Real Celtic supporters would continue to contribute to the club no matter what.

I buy my season ticket, I bought my shares, I buy the club merchandise, I subscribe to Celtic pools, I buy paradise windfall every home game, but because I offer the manager a period of grace without unrealistic expectations then in your book I'm not a real supporter

I'm pretty sure I read you saying that you'd want spurs to beat celtic if they met in the CL Ffs  ::)

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
They have Toure,Dembele,Roberts (£12m),Griffiths,Forrest,Tierney etc.All good proven players to name but six,and a manager remunerated at over £2m per annum,not to mention highly favourable draws..As I keep saying there are no excuses this season

Toure is 35, and has played 30 mins football this preseason. It will take a while for him to be match sharp

Dembele and Tierney are only kids, how on earth are they proven? Do you really have any understanding of football?

Forrest is horribly inconsistent not to mention his fitness issues

Roberts may have been bought by man city for big money. But again he's not a proven player. If he was man city wouldn't be farming him out to us to get games and experience.

Griffiths is proven at domestic level. Still has some way to go before he's proven at European level. Which is no disgrace for the guy, he has a brilliant attitude and has really knuckled down....one of the positives left by deila in that respect

You can fire out all the daft statements you want. Doesn't make them true.

If you look at our midfield and honestly assess the level of players we have, they are nowhere near European standard. Yes everyone wants to be in the Champions League. But you have to be realistic. The man needs time to get his ideas across, get his style of play and systems ingrained into the players and to shift as much deadwood as possible and get his own men in. This group of players weren't good enough to win a single game in the Europa league last year, that's the simple fact of the matter

The more I read your ramblings the more I think you're at the wind up, because there is no grown adult who could be so daft about a team they claim to support

southderryman

Quote from: bennydorano on August 06, 2016, 07:22:05 AM
Did Celtic buy a player for £12m?

They signed a kid on loan, they signed a 35yearvold who was a free agent and they got another kid for a couple of hundred Grand compensation. Not exactly the massive investment that Tony is continually lying about

Looks like sinclair is going to sign for about  £3m. The first real sign of any significant investment

T Fearon

They have superior resources than all the clubs they have met,as Ronny had last year.It is up to the manager to justify his huge salary and get the best out of these resources.

I supported Ronny to the hilt but a change had to be made.Rogers is allegedly more experienced in the ways of managing a big club etc,and is earning a record salary and is being given resources that Ronny and Neil Lennin could only have dreamed of.It is not unrealistic that he should deliver the group stages of the Champions League,nor is it untrue to say he is not delivering yet..Good managers come in and make an immediate impact,eg Jock Stein,Mourinho etc.

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 06, 2016, 11:44:15 AM
They have superior resources than all the clubs they have met,as Ronny had last year.It is up to the manager to justify his huge salary and get the best out of these resources.

I agree with that in the long term. But he.doesnt have a magic wand. This things take time. I've listed the reasons above and I'm not doing so again.

If Jim gavin  was appointed armagh manger next may should they win ulster and Sam next year?

T Fearon

Different scenario,Celtic have better players than their rivals for a place in the group stages have,and better players than all of their domestic rivals.Given his salary Rogers must deliver the league title and  at least one domestic cup and a credible Celtic performance (that is at least a third place finish) in the group stages of this year's Champions League.

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 06, 2016, 11:56:53 AM
Different scenario,Celtic have better players than their rivals for a place in the group stages have,and better players than all of their domestic rivals.Given his salary Rogers must deliver the league title and  at least one domestic cup and a credible Celtic performance (that is at least a third place finish) in the group stages of this year's Champions League.

So you apply logic and realism to one scenario but not to another. Says a lot

BTW...if we managed to scare through, we'd almost certainly be 4th seeds. What basis are you demanding a 3rd place finish when you haven't even seen the group?

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 06, 2016, 11:44:15 AM

I supported Ronny to the hilt but a change had to be made.Rogers is allegedly more experienced in the ways of managing a big club etc,and is earning a record salary and is being given resources that Ronny and Neil Lennin could only have dreamed of.It is not unrealistic that he should deliver the group stages of the Champions League,nor is it untrue to say he is not delivering yet..Good managers come in and make an immediate impact,eg Jock Stein,Mourinho etc.

Surely edit your post there instead of putting that reply with the more current one.

I suggest you look at the list of players lennon signed. To say Rodgers has had more resources is a complete and utter lie.

T Fearon

He has more resources and will be given more if he does what he is handsomely paid to do which is qualify for the group stages.