Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Had a relatively small investment at 9/4 on Celtic to win and Griffiths to score.Almost feel as if I've stolen the money.Two penalties and 92 minutes required to beat a team no one had heard of two years ago.Unconvincing.

bennydorano

Happy days.  Expect Fearon's resignation from the Celtic Board ASAP.  Intolerable stuff from such a big timer.

European football until Christmas at least. Brendy's a bona fide success.

clarshack

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 09:41:22 PM
Had a relatively small investment at 9/4 on Celtic to win and Griffiths to score.Almost feel as if I've stolen the money.Two penalties and 92 minutes required to beat a team no one had heard of two years ago.Unconvincing.
100% right Tony never heard of them until Two years ago when Athletico Madrid , Galatassary and Benefica were unable to beat them in Astana in  group stages of champions league )

Main Street

What Tony doesn't know would fill the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

it's pretty clear that Rodgers has inherited a mini group of players who are not up to it, regardless of how much they are paid.
Armstrong, Brown, Gordon, Forest, Johansen McGregor  and heaven help any manager who has the misfortune to have Ambrose in his squad.
That's half the team, I also have my doubts about Griffiths at this level.

Toure looks a natural leader, a Bobo Balde without the bomb scare factor. nevertheless if Rodgers brings that bunch into the CL group stages,  it will be his greatest managerial achievement.

T Fearon

I could accept your argument if we were up against Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern Munich but not smaller clubs like Astana who have neither history, fan base nor a budget to match ours.These teams should be overawed stepping out at Celtic Park but instead they know they have a realistic chance of success.

Qualify or not this season or any season in fact,,neither this nor no other Celtic manager is going to have access to the resources to bring in Kevin De Bruyne or Gareth Bale (at least until they reach their late 30s). He is going to have to make you with what he has largely in addition to young talent or the odd Wanyama.It should be enough for any competent manager to at least take Celtic into the Champions League group stages 9 times out of 10.

illdecide

Tony I have bitten in the past to your wind ups but no more...that's the last time I respond to your shite talk, wise up FFS a man your age...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Am I wrong? Are these clubs bigger than Celtic? Is Rodgers going to stuff the squad with big names over the next twelve months? Please point out where I'm wrong?

ned

Did we win tonight? Are we through to the next round? I'm sure I just listened to us scoring a penalty to win 2-1? Ach well there's always next year.
These teams are nowhere near Celtic in terms of history or stature. In all other ways they are of a similar standing and in the case of Astana they may be richer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 11:18:49 PM
Am I wrong? Are these clubs bigger than Celtic? Is Rodgers going to stuff the squad with big names over the next twelve months? Please point out where I'm wrong?

Tony what is your complaint? That Celtic have to play teams to qualify for the CL and along the way they could lose to (as you put it) weaker teams.. can you give me some facts as to why Celtic have the divine right to be in the CL? Jesus EPL teams struggle to get into the CL group stages and they are miles ahead of the current SPL ... and the EPL is crap in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nigel White

He's like a spoilt kid who didn't get his own way. He wanted Michael O'Neill and now he's going to sulk all year.

bennydorano

There's a nail hit on the head there.

ONeill

Jesus lads, Fearon and his opinions are more important to you than the club's current fortunes. FFS, he's a clown.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2016, 11:52:39 PM
Jesus lads, Fearon and his opinions are more important to you than the club's current fortunes. FFS, he's a clown.

And then some. Is he / she a real person?

T Fearon

Very simple fact.In the last two seasons Celtic lost out to Maribor and Malmo for a place in the Champions League group stages.Now,should Celtic be losing to clubs like this? I believe the answer is no.So they've gone out and recruited a top manager on a huge salary to ensure they don't lose out again.

Celtic have crawled on their hands and knees through two qualifying rounds into the final qualifying round,in far from convincing fashion.Contrast this with part timers Dundalk who have reached the same stage with relative ease.