?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

foxcommander

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
Rangers are at least three years away from being competitive.

I would disagree - I'd say they fancy their chances this year. They've brought in some experienced players.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

Which questions? There is no settling in period at Celtic.This manager is the highest paid in Celtic's history and is expected to deliver immediate and wholly reasonable results (ie qualification for the Champions League Group Stages) this season.

T Fearon

Joey Barton?😂😂😂😂.Windlass from Accrington? Rangers will do well to finish in the top four,they're miles behind Aberdeen and Hearts

foxcommander

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 10:50:13 PM
Joey Barton?😂😂😂😂.Windlass from Accrington? Rangers will do well to finish in the top four,they're miles behind Aberdeen and Hearts

They beat a full strength celtic last year with a team containing Wallace, Kiernan, Sheils and Kenny Miller in the Scottish cup.

I think you are underestimating them.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 10:48:49 PM
Which questions? There is no settling in period at Celtic.This manager is the highest paid in Celtic's history and is expected to deliver immediate and wholly reasonable results (ie qualification for the Champions League Group Stages) this season.

What is a real supporter?

How much money has Rodgers spent on this squad?

southderryman

Quote from: foxcommander on July 26, 2016, 11:25:38 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 10:50:13 PM

They beat a full strength celtic last year with a team containing Wallace, Kiernan, Sheils and Kenny Miller in the Scottish cup.

I think you are underestimating them.

One thing I agree with him on is their capability. They'll push for 3rd place and may get it my the assistance of their masonic pals.

They beat us on penalties having had 2 shots on target. We were piss poor that day, the manager inexplicably set up to give them the ball and impetus for reasons I still can't fathom. We still dominated the game, hit post, cross bar and missed an open goal. They were at their maximum and just fluked a win in a penalty kick lotto. Over the course of 38 games.they won't get within 15 points of Celtic

T Fearon

Last year's Scottish Cup semi final is the reason why a top drawer manager on a record salary was brought in.To get the team playing to its full potential and not lose important games against clearly inferior sides.

The manager has signed Dembele and Toure,I know he isn't available tonight,but the squad that won the SPL should be strong enough,with a host on internationals and a £12m player,to beat obscure teams of roughly the same standard as Dundalk and qualify for the group stages.This is the new manager's brief, not to lose against smaller clubs in important games.

ONeill

Listen, Rodgers refused Tony a photo opportunity. As soon as this is addressed and the Carnlough man grants him a selfie, all will be well in the world.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2016, 07:26:10 AM
Last year's Scottish Cup semi final is the reason why a top drawer manager on a record salary was brought in.To get the team playing to its full potential and not lose important games against clearly inferior sides.

The manager has signed Dembele and Toure,I know he isn't available tonight,but the squad that won the SPL should be strong enough,with a host on internationals and a £12m player,to beat obscure teams of roughly the same standard as Dundalk and qualify for the group stages.This is the new manager's brief, not to lose against smaller clubs in important games.

So, he's spent a few hundred grand on a kid, signed a 35 year old on a free who isn't available.....that's some serious investment alright  ;D

Add that to the fact that the other 3 centre halves would be picked first are all out. It leaves us with 1 fit senior centre half who is a bomb scare and an injury prone right back in lustig or a kid with next to no senior football in O'Connell as our defensive options for this game today.

He's had what, about a month to work with the players including building fitness and seeing the majority of them play for the first time.

The squad from last year failed miserably and couldn't win a game in the Europa league yet you expect qualification.

Do you think the man has a magic wand? Yes he was brought in to improve things and to make us competitive again, but that takes time, you can't just flick a switch. Next year is when he should be judged, and sane person would see that.

If we scrape through it will be a fanstic achievement by Rodgers. If not, we'll at least you'll be happy.

Still waiting on you to tell us all what a real Celtic supporter is

lenny

Quote from: southderryman on July 27, 2016, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2016, 07:26:10 AM

So, he's spent a few hundred grand on a kid, signed a 35 year old on a free who isn't available.....that's some serious investment alright  ;D

Add that to the fact that the other 3 centre halves would be picked first are all out. It leaves us with 1 fit senior centre half who is a bomb scare and an injury prone right back in lustig or a kid with next to no senior football in O'Connell as our defensive options for this game today.

He's had what, about a month to work with the players including building fitness and seeing the majority of them play for the first time.

The squad from last year failed miserably and couldn't win a game in the Europa league yet you expect qualification.

Do you think the man has a magic wand? Yes he was brought in to improve things and to make us competitive again, but that takes time, you can't just flick a switch. Next year is when he should be judged, and sane person would see that.

If we scrape through it will be a fanstic achievement by Rodgers. If not, we'll at least you'll be happy.

Still waiting on you to tell us all what a real Celtic supporter is

Totally agree. This would be an incredible result if we go through. We are up against a team who were very competitive in last years champions league, they only lost twice in a very strong group. We were hopeless in Europe last year. I just can't see us getting through here unfortunately.

Orior

Do the lyrics of this song say "I'm blue, if I was green I would die"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Firstly I would say that the tone (no pun intended) of some of the remarks aimed at Tony are based on past indiscretions rather than what he is now saying. As a Celtic fan I would be concerned with the lack of investment in the team. I would agree though that Delilah got it in the neck last year over performances and there seems to be some agreement here that there is quality of sorts in the squad and as such Tony has the right to expect Rodgers to 
perform.

T Fearon

It simply is a realistic target for Celtic to qualify for the group stages.To fail to do so will be a major setback and heap pressure onto the manager who is on top dollar and from whom big things are expected.

bennydorano

Astana are bookies favs today. Perspective.

Boycey

Poor goal to concede after a good start...