Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

This is a very good move for an upwardly mobile Brendan and hopefully the Celtic board will support him from the start in order to prepare a decent team that will qualify for the group stages of the CL.

Orior

Quote from: Nigel White on May 20, 2016, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2016, 10:11:29 PM
If any of you want to make a few quid have a we flutter at 8/1 on N Lennon...u were told ;)
Nice one.

LOL.

Why is there more expectation than when Ronnie was appointed? He came with a good pedigree of getting a lot out of mediocre players.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 20, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
This is a brilliant appointment. Looking forward to seeing what he brings

Brilliant white teeth, and will no doubt hit on the female staff!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

I don't care if he hits on the male staff, as long as he brings success on the field

lenny

Quote from: An Watcher on May 20, 2016, 07:26:24 PM
I don't care if he hits on the male staff, as long as he brings success on the field

lol, totally agree.

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on May 20, 2016, 06:36:12 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on May 20, 2016, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2016, 10:11:29 PM
If any of you want to make a few quid have a we flutter at 8/1 on N Lennon...u were told ;)
Nice one.

LOL.
Why is there more expectation than when Ronnie was appointed? He came with a good pedigree of getting a lot out of mediocre players.
He's certainly had his fill with mediocre miserable fans from his previous club  ;D
I'd have an expectation that Brendan's experience with a big club like Swansea will hold him in good stead  with rebuilding a Celtic team.

T Fearon

Not overly enamoured.Swansea was the only club where he achieved anything.Had Suarez and still couldn't win the Premiership,and Liverpool were at best mediocre in Europe in his reign.

Will of course give him a chance but not overly excited,another Tony Mowbray I suspect.

Main Street

Liverpool not any better under the loudmouth Klopp and still mediocre in Europe, but that won't bother them next season  ;D
Meanwhile Brendan can prepare for CL.

bennydorano

Excellent appointment that can only bode well for the coming years as there's no doubt he's there with the promise of funds being available. Biggest immediate obstacle would be getting a few quality signings in & settled for the CL qualifiers,  I'd say making the group stages is his N1 goal. He's got the added advantage of having Rangers back, which should reignite the interest of the fans.

T Fearon

Neil Lennon did all that and got little credit.Sceptical about this.If he does well he'll be away to England in a flash too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on May 20, 2016, 09:52:56 PM
Neil Lennon did all that and got little credit.Sceptical about this.If he does well he'll be away to England in a flash too.

That's the way it works. Sadly the Scottish league is no longer a big draw. Celtic (and Rangers) has (have) to leave Scotland or Scottish football has to redraw itself and set up Franchises to replace the present half arsed clubs outside Glasgow.

ONeill

There's a bit of pressure. No title and it's complete failure.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

I thought it would be between Michael O Neill and Brendan Rodgers and I know both of them and have been in their company quite a few times. Both went to school in Ballymena. Brendan to St Pats, Michael to St Louis. Couldn't make up my mind who I wanted between them but now that Brendan has it he I think he will do well.

He has a world of contacts in the premiership and access to players who he could attract to Glasgow.

Good luck to him. His brothers are Celtic mad and often take the boat across as did Brendan in his youth.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 20, 2016, 11:14:36 PM
I thought it would be between Michael O Neill and Brendan Rodgers and I know both of them and have been in their company quite a few times. Both went to school in Ballymena. Brendan to St Pats, Michael to St Louis. Couldn't make up my mind who I wanted between them but now that Brendan has it he I think he will do well.

He has a world of contacts in the premiership and access to players who he could attract to Glasgow.

Good luck to him. His brothers are Celtic mad and often take the boat across as did Brendan in his youth.

Tony will be very disappointed that you know them.... He's the man that shakes hands and exchanges pleasantries with the main Celtic ones as he's a member!! Ya know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

I'm sure they will get the pleasure of meeting Big T some time.