Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Probably! Dermot Desmond once said "Nice to meet you" to me after we were introduced in Number 7 Restaurant prior to the home Champions League Fixture against Ajax Amsterdam in 2013!😝

ned

Quote from: T Fearon on May 12, 2016, 07:50:35 PM
Probably! Dermot Desmond once said "Nice to meet you" to me after we were introduced in Number 7 Restaurant prior to the home Champions League Fixture against Ajax Amsterdam in 2013!😝

Get you. He only gave me a generic 'Hello' when we met at Sandy Lane.
:(

T Fearon

He's like that with paying customers!😉

illdecide

Peter Lawell bought me a pint in Amsterdam but D Desmond i have never met...Lucky u Tony
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

NAG1

Quote from: T Fearon on May 12, 2016, 07:34:59 PM
I look forward to shaking the next Celtic manager's hand at this year's AGM, whoever he may be.Only 17 men in 128 years have been privileged to occupy this position.

I didnt realise you were 128 Tony  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

T Fearon

Not that funny! Peter Lawwell extends an invitation to all and sundry at every AGM to feel free and call into see him at any time.

Main Street

If Peter wavers a bit, just tell him Tony said it was ok.

I see the the betting odds panic over Keane has passed and he's drifted out the field.

T Fearon

My preferred choice would be Michael O'Neill.A young manager,with Celtic leanings,who has played and lives in Scotland,intelligent and with a track record of over achieving with Shamrock Rovers and N Ireland.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 09:58:40 AM
My preferred choice would be Michael O'Neill.A young manager,with Celtic leanings,who has played and lives in Scotland,intelligent and with a track record of over achieving with Shamrock Rovers and N Ireland.
And the bonus being that he is a fully paid up subscriber to the new Northern Irish Identity to which you are so enamoured? the Green Brigade will love that!

stew

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 14, 2016, 10:11:28 AM
And the bonus being that he is a fully paid up subscriber to the new Northern Irish Identity to which you are so enamoured? the Green Brigade will love that!

He is a winner and has the pedigree to do great things for Celtic, I would take him all day long over that eejit keane
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Applesisapples

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2016, 10:16:52 AM

He is a winner and has the pedigree to do great things for Celtic, I would take him all day long over that eejit keane
I would agree with you there, I just couldn't help trying to wind Tony up, what can I say he has that effect on me!

T Fearon

As the great Jock Stein showed (and people like Bertie Peacock before him) a man's background and faith, and cultural identity are irrelevant as far as playing for or managing Celtic is concerned

Main Street

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2016, 10:16:52 AM

Too much of a risk with O'Neill, he would be the cheap option and O'Neill's Celtic leanings don't matter a damn.
Doing very well with NI doesn't mean that much when it comes to the pressure of club football and with a club like Celtic.

ned

Does O'Neill really have Celtic leanings, other than being Irish Catholic? Genuine question. Played gaelic against him and he was at school with a cousin but I never knew of him as a Celtic fan. Although I never had a great idea of who he supported.

T Fearon

Is there any Irish Catholic with even a passing interest in football who doesn't have Celtic leanings?