Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Applesisapples

I am surprised that no one has posted on yesterdays pathetic result against Ross County. Part of me is glad, as that team and Delilah do not deserve to replicate Martin O'Neill's treble winning feat. To start a disaster prone clown like Ambrose shows how poor Celtic's management is.

ashman

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 01, 2016, 11:10:49 AM
I am surprised that no one has posted on yesterdays pathetic result against Ross County. Part of me is glad, as that team and Delilah do not deserve to replicate Martin O'Neill's treble winning feat. To start a disaster prone clown like Ambrose shows how poor Celtic's management is.

Maybe not many give a fiddler's .

Nice to see a small rural club beat an urban corporate behemoth .

illdecide

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 01, 2016, 11:10:49 AM

Yeah TBH i was still a bit angry to post on it, don't rate Ronnie D nor John Collins. I'll always give management a chance and i think they've had it, they should be sacked and replaced now so that the new manager has 6 months to bed in and get ready for Champions league. I know the players do the damage when on the pitch but the manager picks the players and tells them how to play. Ambrose will always drop a clanger and should have been sold on two years ago, can he not remember the Champions League qualifiers only a few months ago? Celtic playing away from home against R Madrid or Barcelona etc maybe should go with one up front and 5 across middle but to play one striker up front in Scotland against a bundle of dirt is unacceptable.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

reddgnhand

I was hoping RD had been sacked or resigned. This can't continue. The board must act now and give someone else a crack at the CL qualifiers.

thebigfella

Didn't realise Celtic automatically qualify for the Champions League qualifiers ::)

There is certainly no guarantee they will win the league; although according to some they would finish in the top half of the English premiership  ;D

Applesisapples

Quote from: thebigfella on February 01, 2016, 02:30:24 PM
Didn't realise Celtic automatically qualify for the Champions League qualifiers ::)

There is certainly no guarantee they will win the league; although according to some they would finish in the top half of the English premiership  ;D
At the moment with Delilah they would struggle in the Conference.

Clov

They are 1/100 to win the league  :o
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

lenny

You're not comparing like with like. Celtic get less than 2 million from tv money, the bottom team in the epl gets 99 million. Put Celtic in the epl and give them that kind of money and they could easily attract the players to be challenging.

lenny

Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2016, 03:21:06 PM

You're not comparing like with like. Celtic get less than 2 million from tv money, the bottom team in the epl gets 99 million. Put Celtic in the epl and give them that kind of money and they could easily attract the players to be challenging.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that if you put Celtic in the premier league with that kind of money and crowds of 60,000 that they wouldn't be well above teams like Swansea, Bournemouth, west brom etc all teams who get crowds of 20,000 - 30,000.

thebigfella

In fact I am more like for like than you.

By your logic, you are saying that Celtic could better invest the money the lowest team in the EPL receives to challenge for a title? midtable? Utter nonsense.

Celtic at the  moment would need to spend all that just to get their squad to championship level.

thebigfella

Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2016, 03:35:26 PM

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that if you put Celtic in the premier league with that kind of money and crowds of 60,000 that they wouldn't be well above teams like Swansea, Bournemouth, west brom etc all teams who get crowds of 20,000 - 30,000.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa can't. You'd have to say the Celtic squad is dung when compared to those.

Put Celtic in the EPL and they would be in Div 1 in 2 seasons irrespective of the money.

general_lee

Celtic's problem is they expect players to go out of their way to play for them ie take a wage cut. That's why only the most desperate washed up/out of favour EPL (if they're lucky) or championship players ever join them. Any good young talent they do sign usually pisses off at the first opportunity and Celtic take the money and run. To be fair Celtic have great scouts and have got some bargains over the last 20 years.

It's easy to get annoyed at the board but they're running a club with a 60k stadium in a pathetic league with f**k all money. It's a fine line between keeping the  fans happy, keeping ticket prices to a minimum, qualifying for European football, balancing the books and answering to shareholders. 

If Celtic were to join the EPL I have no doubt in my mind that they'd be at the very least challenge for top 8. Celtic Park would be full every match, shirt sales would go up, sponsorship and all the other commercial perks of playing in a world class league. I'd also say the board would become less conservative with the extra funds and actually attract some half decent players and a manager with a decent track record.

T Fearon

Accounts at the AGM before Christmas showed that Celtic have approximately £4m in the bank.Thats not going to buy and service the wages of a Messi.

I feel there's a glance across the City at what happened to the former Rangers club,which means no risks whatsoever will be taken.

Lennon left due to lack of funding (ironic given where he's at now,but at least he's not under pressure from Board or fans),Ronny was third or fourth choice,the truth is,as was seen when trying to get a successor to Neil Lennon,no one of any note would take the job,so it is a question of sticking with Ronny and hoping he learns and improves.

Wouldn't worry too much about a freak result like yesterday.I can remember under Jock Stein,Celtic in their prime,losing 4-1 to Partick in a League Cup Final,and in Tommy Burns time losing a League Cup Final to Raith,yet no one was calling for their heads.

tyroneman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 01, 2016, 06:52:07 PM
Accounts at the AGM before Christmas showed that Celtic have approximately £4m in the bank.Thats not going to buy and service the wages of a Messi.

I feel there's a glance across the City at what happened to the former Rangers club,which means no risks whatsoever will be taken.

Lennon left due to lack of funding (ironic given where he's at now,but at least he's not under pressure from Board or fans),Ronny was third or fourth choice,the truth is,as was seen when trying to get a successor to Neil Lennon,no one of any note would take the job,so it is a question of sticking with Ronny and hoping he learns and improves.

Wouldn't worry too much about a freak result like yesterday.I can remember under Jock Stein,Celtic in their prime,losing 4-1 to Partick in a League Cup Final,and in Tommy Burns time losing a League Cup Final to Raith,yet no one was calling for their heads.

JS had won the European cup and the clean sweep plus numerous other trophies. TB was a well respected ex player.

Ronnie hadn't anywhere near enough credit in the bank for this result to be swept under the carpet.

T Fearon

Ronnie has win trophies,something Tommy Burns hadn't done when Raith beat Celtic