Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

I assume Stokes fully deserved his punishment but I thought he would have offered more than what Griffiths had managed to do on the night.

Main Street

deiseach

I'm welling up watching that. There's hope for us all yet.

illdecide

So proud to know we Jay and Neil Lennon and to be part of the Celtic family. Neil introduced me to Mr Samaras and he's a gentleman too. As I've put up here before our banner at our ground really says it all..."Celtic, a club like no other".

rrhf I've done the "Safety Officer" course and have worked at Croke Park (last years Leinster final), Celtic Park Glasgow (2 league matches last season and numerous GAA grounds in Ulster and one thing I've learned (more soccer related tbh) is you can have the most civilised guy in the world and once you give him a few beers and put him into that environment of football fans he will more than likely become the people he's with...FACT.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

An exit from the EL tonight but at least  I saw enough over these 2 games that the CL qualification next season is very doable and if celtic had played anything like that in this seasons CL qualifiers, they would have made it to the CL group stages with space to spare.
The 10 man team ran themselves into the ground, went looking for a goal late on and the morons that pass for pundits (not Hartson) on BT were critical of the defending from the cm pair for that brilliant Inter goal that won the game for them on the night. Not to mention criticising Deila for making like-for-like subs, Commons for Guideta. Hard to credit that they earn money for such insights.

lenny

Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2015, 08:52:25 PM
An exit from the EL tonight but at least  I saw enough over these 2 games that the CL qualification next season is very doable and if celtic had played anything like that in this seasons CL qualifiers, they would have made it to the CL group stages with space to spare.
The 10 man team ran themselves into the ground, went looking for a goal late on and the morons that pass for pundits (not Hartson) on BT were critical of the defending from the cm pair for that brilliant Inter goal that won the game for them on the night. Not to mention criticising Deila for making like-for-like subs, Commons for Guideta. Hard to credit that they earn money for such insights.

Agreed, good performance over the 2 legs. But for Gordon's only bad game in an otherwise brilliant season we'd be in the last 16. It isnt a vintage Inter side but they still cost 70-80 million more than the Celtic players so to play the way we did was very encouraging.

T Fearon

Hope for the future but how many of those players will be with Celtic next season?

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 09:04:23 PM
Hope for the future but how many of those players will be with Celtic next season?

We will definitely lose Van Dyjk, Guidetti will probably go and Denayer may go back to City or we may have him on loan for another season. Cant see anybody else going from the team.

Main Street

Guidetti and Benayer are just loan signings? with an option of being signed permanently?
I'd regard it as par for the course that a player like VVD would move on and he's about the only player in the Celtic team that has a good chance to move up to a higher level.
If Vic Wanyama was worth £12m and he's definitely worth it when he's fit to play, then VVD would be worth something  >£15, notwithstanding his sending off tonight which was very harsh, out of the 2 yellows he received, his "fouls" were worth a half yellow.

clarshack

first yellow for virgil wasnt even a foul imo. celtic should have had a penalty as well.
ref was a homer and with italian teams you will always wonder.
11 v 11 and with a different/fair ref, celtic could well have got the result needed to go through.
celtic made a better fist of it against italian opposition than spurs (and all their millions) did, so progress has definitely been made in the last few months under ronny deila.

lynchbhoy

thought that too.
if theyd played like that in cl qualifiers, it would be a cl group campaign we would have been looking at.
Def isn't great at times, but the defenders were having to press forward as Celtic chased a goal. Izzaguire isn't a great defender imo, but he has massively improved as an attacking/crossing full back - almost like a wing back.
For all his criticism, last nights game suited ambrose. the guy is quick enough, v leggy and just seems to cover well in unstructured situations. he is way better than when in the usual structured supposedly disciplined back 4.
VVD is a good player but not a wonderful defender, makes too many mistakes so imo wont be massively missed - but I'd still like to keep him.
Guidetti prob will go to Marseille for 60k a week on a free transfer.

Good perf and certainly worked hard. Prob didn't deserve to go through but def encouraging. need to beat Aberdeen at the weekend. should do unless suffer euro hangover again.

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 27, 2015, 12:38:42 PM
thought that too.
if theyd played like that in cl qualifiers, it would be a cl group campaign we would have been looking at.
Def isn't great at times, but the defenders were having to press forward as Celtic chased a goal. Izzaguire isn't a great defender imo, but he has massively improved as an attacking/crossing full back - almost like a wing back.
For all his criticism, last nights game suited ambrose. the guy is quick enough, v leggy and just seems to cover well in unstructured situations. he is way better than when in the usual structured supposedly disciplined back 4.
VVD is a good player but not a wonderful defender, makes too many mistakes so imo wont be massively missed - but I'd still like to keep him.

Good perf and certainly worked hard. Prob didn't deserve to go through but def encouraging. need to beat Aberdeen at the weekend. should do unless suffer euro hangover again.

The game last night might have suited Commons better than any other, if you remember his contribution from a few summers ago, around the 50 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5z_J5LHOs

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2015, 03:25:26 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 27, 2015, 12:38:42 PM
thought that too.

The game last night might have suited Commons better than any other, if you remember his contribution from a few summers ago, around the 50 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5z_J5LHOs
yes MS - id have had him on a lot sooner!

lynchbhoy

Entertaining games v Dundee utd this past couple of weeks.
Them and Aberdeen have been bogey sides for the celts this past 5 or 6 years so it's good to beat them both in close proximity.

Dundee utd have been diminished somewhat by Celtic buying the Arabs two best players!

Bit of friction between the sides arising out of the tangerines going in a bit hard and illegally into tackles!
Stokes saw red last night for retaliating to an intentional elbow to his nose!

Enjoyed the league cup final on Sunday , great atmosphere and singing for the entire match from the Celtic fans.
Surprised I didn't bump into Tony though!

Celtic might win the treble but this team seams to switch off and go to sleep quite often so I'd not take a treble for granted. Should win the league though!
Entertaining attacking games though! V enjoyable!

charlieTully

What odds would tempt you on celtic not doing the treble?