?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

charlieTully

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
A cooked chicken could get the job done for Celtic until Rangers get back.
[/quote

Troll

charlieTully

Syferus

illdecide

I'm a Celtic fan all my life, my first game was Celtic v Ajax in European Cup in 1982 and I have followed them all over Europe ever since that magic night in 1982 but tonight was a real low and I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot more nights like that to come as we are getting weaker and weaker as each season passes. We can't attract average players anymore never mind top players and with a chance of European football still is not enough, I know we can't afford their wages anyway as Scottish football is dying a slow death and I really fear for Celtic's future 10-15 years down the road, I can't see a way out of this mess as its just declining year after year.

Neil Lennon had that team punching above their weight but he seen what was happening and he knew he'd taken them as far as he could, FFS Roy Keane would rather work as someone's no2 than be a no1 at a world famous club so what does that tell you. The only thing I believe can save Celtic is a move to England and tbh I can't see that happening, we would need the Premiership to be a flop but its prob going the other direction so it looks like we're in Scotland to stay.

Just out of interest take the current Celtic team and compare them to the Celtic team 10-12 years ago and see how many of the current team would make it onto the other team...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Ohh I also left out...would you non Celtic fans f**k off to some other thread and talk your shi*e there instead of coming on here gloating every time Celtic get beat, I just can't grasp why so many non Celtic Irish fans love to see Celtic get beaten. No one is asking you to support them but a club with so much Irish tradition and roots I'm bewildered why you love to see Celtic turned over >:(

T Fearon

It's unbelievable that it's less than two years since Celtic beat Barcelona.The decline should not have been allowed to happen that quickly.

bennydorano

Back  to the Biscuit Tin days. Really makes u wonder what is the longterm plan when they pretty much hoped for the best with CL qualification. They seem to think the return of Rangers will inject some life into the situation, but them clowns could be folded by next year ffs.

ONeill

But surely the return of Rangers would. Celtic and Rangers need each other. I'm sure even the spectacle of an Old Firm derby attracts some decent players. Without it, the league is just a boring procession of going to Aberdeen or Dundee to pick up three points.

When Rangers cocked up, they took a piece of Celtic with them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Quote from: illdecide on August 07, 2014, 01:10:28 AM
Ohh I also left out...would you non Celtic fans f**k off to some other thread and talk your shi*e there instead of coming on here gloating every time Celtic get beat, I just can't grasp why so many non Celtic Irish fans love to see Celtic get beaten. No one is asking you to support them but a club with so much Irish tradition and roots I'm bewildered why you love to see Celtic turned over >:(

I support Celtic too, aswell as Utd. Not gloating it was known that there could be a few possible departures if they went out too Legia. A long season now of just mundane Scottish football.

deiseach

Yes, the scales are going to fall from their eyes after that post.

For me, Celtic are the poster child for why football is screwed. I would love for someone in authority in football to explain what the point is of all the money sloshing around. 44 years ago Celtic played Feyenoord, who were also knocked out last night, in the European Cup final. How can a situation where neither of those clubs have a hope of winning the trophy be said to be an improvement? And it's all very well saying that Celtic, particularly in the person of Peter Lawwell, should show some ambition, but the lesson of Rangers (RIP) is a stark one. They showed 'ambition' by spending as if they would be in the Champions League each year and it only took one failure for the whole thing to come crashing down. It's not implausible that Liverpool and Man Utd could head down the same route. How can this be right? Why does no one at the top seem to care?

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on August 06, 2014, 10:52:46 PM
Worst result imaginable,and when the opposition say that St Pats Athletic gave them a harder game than Celtic it says it all.

Be interesting to see how long Deila lasts.They accused Strachan of being non Celtic linked or minded.Already season is effectively over

Not sure. If Celtic are this bad, in reality, how much would the likes of Motherwell and Aberdeen have to improve to catch them? It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, as a neutral, to see someone other than the Old Firm winning the title again.

illdecide

Quote from: deiseach on August 07, 2014, 09:28:45 AM

Yes, the scales are going to fall from their eyes after that post.

For me, Celtic are the poster child for why football is screwed. I would love for someone in authority in football to explain what the point is of all the money sloshing around. 44 years ago Celtic played Feyenoord, who were also knocked out last night, in the European Cup final. How can a situation where neither of those clubs have a hope of winning the trophy be said to be an improvement? And it's all very well saying that Celtic, particularly in the person of Peter Lawwell, should show some ambition, but the lesson of Rangers (RIP) is a stark one. They showed 'ambition' by spending as if they would be in the Champions League each year and it only took one failure for the whole thing to come crashing down. It's not implausible that Liverpool and Man Utd could head down the same route. How can this be right? Why does no one at the top seem to care?

Ok deiseach thats just you and how you feel, i prob could have worded it a bit better this morning as a few beers were consumed last night but you know what i mean or what i was trying to say...Anyway whats your point? Most teams that enter competitions have not a hope of winning it but they still go for it no matter of the sport and as for Celtic's spending, we are realistic and know we can't go out and spend millions and Lawwell knows this too and his job is to keep Celtic financially stable but there is still a we bit of cash there available that could be invested in players but it's being held back

deiseach

Quote from: illdecide on August 07, 2014, 10:09:55 AM
Ok deiseach thats just you and how you feel, i prob could have worded it a bit better this morning as a few beers were consumed last night but you know what i mean or what i was trying to say...Anyway whats your point? Most teams that enter competitions have not a hope of winning it but they still go for it no matter of the sport and as for Celtic's spending, we are realistic and know we can't go out and spend millions and Lawwell knows this too and his job is to keep Celtic financially stable but there is still a we bit of cash there available that could be invested in players but it's being held back

My point is that once upon a time clubs like Celtic and Feyenoord could aspire to win the European Cup. Now they can't. By that measure things have gotten worse, so what measure are the top brass in Uefa using to say that things have gotten better? That's a rhetorical question, we all know the screwed-up answer. As for Celtic's spending, they would need to have spent more than a wee bit of cash to be able to compete with the current Legia outfit, and even then they would not have been guaranteed that they would get to the big CL dance. Who is up in the next round? Arsenal maybe? They were able to drop on Mesut Oezil a figure that was greater than Celtic's revenue in 2013. The values of football are completely knackered, and Celtic are among the primary victims of this.

lynchbhoy

I have said and I believe that Celtic are screwed as the revenue to spl clubs is miniscule.
not enough to enable them to compete with clubs like legia who had world cup players and certainly not with la liga, siere a or epl teams - unless you count parking the bus and hoping to score from a corner as competing.

it is a misnomer that rangers will help things.

there might and just might be a few quid more for Celtic when the new sevco are back in the spl
but in reality, its a problem with funding for the spl and that's not going to change.

Celtic need to buy a lower league club in England and get themselves into epl via a run up the divisions

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!