?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

fantastic end to the game!!!
forrest was poor in 1st half but really came good in the 2nd half and took his goal well.
ambrose was my motm while samaras and matthews were excellent too.
stokes apart from the dribble at the end was poor enough.
a couple of decent players needed before monday!

Applesisapples

Why Trapp doesn't mend the fences with Stokes is beyond me. Brings far more to a game than the likes of Keane who's best days are in the rear view mirror.

deiseach

Quote from: waterfordlad on August 29, 2013, 11:31:31 AM
George Hamilton said there were no away fans there last night even though you could see and hear them there in the usual spot in the corner. Was he in the stadium at all?

Don't be too harsh on George, I finally understand the away goals rule after he explained its impact for the 94th time last night.

supersub

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 29, 2013, 12:21:44 AM
Best group for Celtic.

Arsenal
CSKA Moscow
Basel

Worst.

Barcelona
Juventus
Manchester City

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Dortmund

would be the worst group. City have performed poorly in CL and Dortmund are a top class out fit, beaten finalists. Bayern pose more of a threat than Barca imo. Their attacking power is ridiculous.

Main Street

Quote from: deiseach on August 29, 2013, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: waterfordlad on August 29, 2013, 11:31:31 AM
George Hamilton said there were no away fans there last night even though you could see and hear them there in the usual spot in the corner. Was he in the stadium at all?

Don't be too harsh on George, I finally understand the away goals rule after he explained its impact for the 94th time last night.
He had Stokes pegged as the player on the ball out on the right wing, blind to everything about the player on the ball that screamed Commons. Even when Stokes/Commons stroked a cross field ball, the width of the pitch to the feet of a Celtic player, George was still adamant that it was Stokes.
Only when it was revealed that Stokes was the player who received the cross field pass, did George go dead air silent and get involved in fair bit of background paper flurrying.

George is alright, it's Ray who does my head in, with his incessant, pillar to post, negativity.

Main Street

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 29, 2013, 08:15:08 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2013, 10:53:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2013, 10:40:41 PM
Barely beating a Kazahk team. It shows just where Celtic's level is at.
A moron who can't even spell properly, purporting to spout about levels of football skill?
There must be an idiot from Tyrone lurking about.

No, no, no! Thankfully Bennycake is not a Tyrone poster.

Bennycake = Armagh
Bennyharp = Tyrone

If I was Bennyharp I'd be changing my name in case others make the same mistake!!
Duly noted, I'll have to post a large stickynote about that.
Counties should be given a restricted quota on the number of morons who they can have posting messages on the board, in the name of their county.

Main Street

Quote from: charlieTully on August 29, 2013, 10:14:18 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2013, 12:48:44 AM
Of the pot 4 teams, Celtic, Real S and Napoli look to be the least desirable for the higher seeded clubs to meet.
Tonight, Ambrose was my motm, just a superb display from a player who had to step up and show composure with ability on the ball. Samaras as usual showed up and didn't shirk responsibility, he has bottle. It wasn't a surprise that Commons scored first, on the field of play he is a prime example of a focussed determined player with lovely ability on the ball.
Qualification for the last 16  is a big lift for the club and not just financial. Some might have fallen into the trap that a team from Kazakhstan were crap and there for the taking. That type of arrogance is certainly misplaced and ignorant.
With a bit more experience at this level, they will certainly qualify for the last 16 on their own merits in the near future.

I thought mathews had a great game last night, the work rate throughout the whole team was great. Forster had a couple of dodgy moments and seems to be lacking in confidence somewhat compared to last year.
True about Forster to a certain extent, he should have gathered that balls which led to the worst panic, from the corner and the throw in. Maybe he's not crazy enough to be a real top class goalkeeper like Buffon, he's too nice, a gentle giant.
Maybe he just needs a few more games.

glens73

Barcelona, AC Milan & Ajax

There probably won't be a second round this season but some great ties there.

qubdub

Great draw. Something to relish. Paradise will be bouncing for all them.

Denn Forever

The group with the coolest shirts.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

under the bar

UEFA conspiracy. They hand Celtic the most difficult group last year and they sailed through so this year they've made it even worse! Fix, fix, fix!! 

Captain Obvious

Celtic will fancy their chances in all the home games however it will be the away form that will likely knock Celtic out at the group stages.

Main Street

I see Spurs are throwing shapes to snatch 2 of Ajax's star players. May their quest be successful before the transfer window closes.
Celtic can finish ahead of Ajax.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2013, 07:06:01 PM
I see Spurs are throwing shapes to snatch 2 of Ajax's star players. May their quest be successful before the transfer window closes.
Celtic can finish ahead of Ajax.

Celtic can, but I wouldn't be confident of that happening. Ajax played some brilliant football last year in the group stages, with a very young team. Finished above Man City for a place in the Europa. Although if they lose Christian Eriiksen to Spurs, that would be a big set back

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2013, 09:24:59 PM
Milltown will you ever grow up and quit those inane Borat references.

Sorry, didn't realise it was inane, would you rather me talk about Lennon acting a complete nut job on the line during the first half?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea