?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2013, 10:40:41 PM
Barely beating a Kazahk team. It shows just where Celtic's level is at.
A moron who can't even spell properly, purporting to spout about levels of football skill?
There must be an idiot from Tyrone lurking about.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2013, 10:53:11 PM
A moron who can't even spell properly, purporting to spout about levels of football skill?

Celtic scrape by a Kazakh team, and you highlight a spelling error. Talking about deflecting from the main issue.

bennydorano

Well done Celtic, shoul be a bit of ££ available now for reinforcements.

orangeman

tyssam5

Their level is Champions League group stage two years in a row, that's a good level.

Captain Obvious

Pot one: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus.

Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot four: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna.

orangeman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 29, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
Pot one: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus.

Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot four: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna.

City, Man U and AC would be nice.

Captain Obvious

Best group for Celtic.

Arsenal
CSKA Moscow
Basel

Worst.

Barcelona
Juventus
Manchester City

Main Street

Of the pot 4 teams, Celtic, Real S and Napoli look to be the least desirable for the higher seeded clubs to meet.
Tonight, Ambrose was my motm, just a superb display from a player who had to step up and show composure with ability on the ball. Samaras as usual showed up and didn't shirk responsibility, he has bottle. It wasn't a surprise that Commons scored first, on the field of play he is a prime example of a focussed determined player with lovely ability on the ball.
Qualification for the last 16  is a big lift for the club and not just financial. Some might have fallen into the trap that a team from Kazakhstan were crap and there for the taking. That type of arrogance is certainly misplaced and ignorant.
With a bit more experience at this level, they will certainly qualify for the last 16 on their own merits in the near future.

qubdub

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 29, 2013, 12:21:44 AM
Best group for Celtic.

Arsenal
CSKA Moscow
Basel

Worst.

Barcelona
Juventus
Manchester City
Arsenal IMO would destroy Celtic and are one team I'd like to avoid.

I'd gladly take a group consisting Porto/Benfica, Schalke/Marseille and Ajax

trueblue1234

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2013, 10:53:11 PM

No, no, no! Thankfully Bennycake is not a Tyrone poster.

Bennycake = Armagh
Bennyharp = Tyrone

If I was Bennyharp I'd be changing my name in case others make the same mistake!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2013, 12:48:44 AM
Of the pot 4 teams, Celtic, Real S and Napoli look to be the least desirable for the higher seeded clubs to meet.
Tonight, Ambrose was my motm, just a superb display from a player who had to step up and show composure with ability on the ball. Samaras as usual showed up and didn't shirk responsibility, he has bottle. It wasn't a surprise that Commons scored first, on the field of play he is a prime example of a focussed determined player with lovely ability on the ball.
Qualification for the last 16  is a big lift for the club and not just financial. Some might have fallen into the trap that a team from Kazakhstan were crap and there for the taking. That type of arrogance is certainly misplaced and ignorant.
With a bit more experience at this level, they will certainly qualify for the last 16 on their own merits in the near future.

I thought mathews had a great game last night, the work rate throughout the whole team was great. Forster had a couple of dodgy moments and seems to be lacking in confidence somewhat compared to last year.

straightred

Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2013, 12:18:03 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 29, 2013, 12:16:16 AM

City, Man U and AC would be nice.

Cant happen as far as I know - teams from same country can't be in the same group. By that logic then I'd like Schalke as the german team, Real as the spanish team (a game against them is long overdue) and hopefully avoid English teams altogether as the type would do my head in.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 29, 2013, 12:21:44 AM
Best group for Celtic.

Arsenal
CSKA Moscow
Basel

Worst.

Barcelona
Juventus
Manchester City

Manchester City haven't made it out of the group stage in the past 2 seasons. Borussia Dortmund would be the obvious team to avoid from pot 3.

waterfordlad

George Hamilton said there were no away fans there last night even though you could see and hear them there in the usual spot in the corner. Was he in the stadium at all?
Great finish to the game in fairness.