Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Will need to score in Sweden to get through.

lynchbhoy

thanks all of a sludden for that link to the game- watched it.
Feck those elfsbourg lads are filthy!
Might hear McGuinness on tv tomorrow giving out about them (and horan giving out about Celtic dirty play the day after) .
Having played 17 games of their regular season, it stands to reason that elfsborg would be more fluent, but they never tried tonight at all and Celtic were the only team attacking. Elfsborg just wanted to try and keep a clean sheet.
Ref could have sent off two or three of the visitors players.

Forrest started well and looked great (thought to myself, this will convince Main street) then faded out of it. Very mcgeady-esque (I like both lads) .
Commons was good in patches, back four were great at times though didnt have to defend much.
Samaras was fantastic. ref didnt protect him as much as he should have.
Hope Celts can cope with artificial pitch next wed and keep it tight and not concede.
Hopefully then into the CL group stages.

Certainly rusty in attack and need a striker to partner stokes.
love to see stokes and doyle , and they can bring that partnership to the IRish team too !
HH

rodney trotter

Elfsborg were very limited. Hooper is an obvious loss for Celtic. Few chances missed tonight, he would have put away. If Celtic do make the CL, Lennon needs to splash the Cash and get a replacement for Hooper. Money shouldn't be a problem with the fee they got for Wanyama and Hooper plus CL money, if they Qualify.

If signing Doyle is the Answer, its not much ambition. Good player, but his form has fairly gone below bar, . But he would no doubt do well in the SPL and hopefully the CL. And force his way back in the Irish team

Stokes wouldn't get ahead of Long in the Irish team, no chance.

Main Street

Doyle is a class player regardless of his form this past year,  Celtic would provide a redemptive for him, he's not an old player who's over the hill.
Depends on the wage demands of course, the transfer fee looks tempting.
He's not a Hooper replacement though.

rodney trotter

Doyle will be 30 in September, not over the hill, but not getting any younger. He is a very good player. It might regain his form playing for a big Club like Celtic in the Champions League. Be a shame to see his career drift away in the lower leagues, as it's mainly between Leeds and Celtic, looking to sign him.

illdecide

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2013, 10:00:06 PM
Might hear McGuinness on tv tomorrow giving out about them (and horan giving out about Celtic dirty play the day after) .
Having played 17 games of their regular season, it stands to reason that elfsborg would be more fluent, but they never tried tonight at all and Celtic were the only team attacking. Elfsborg just wanted to try and keep a clean sheet.

Forrest started well and looked great (thought to myself, this will convince Main street) then faded out of it. Very mcgeady-esque (I like both lads) .
Commons was good in patches, back four were great at times though didnt have to defend much.
Hope Celts can cope with artificial pitch next wed and keep it tight and not concede.

love to see stokes and doyle , and they can bring that partnership to the IRish team too !
HH

You do know that if we beat Elfsborg we have a knockout home and away tie to play before the group stages
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: illdecide on August 01, 2013, 10:08:22 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2013, 10:00:06 PM

HH

You do know that if we beat Elfsborg we have a knockout home and away tie to play before the group stages
balls, no - I thought this was the final round!

illdecide

i'm afraid so pal...draw is next Fri morning i think for the final rounds
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Denn Forever

QuoteHope Celts can cope with artificial pitch next wed and keep it tight and not concede.

Wasn't Cliftonville's pitch artificial?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on August 01, 2013, 11:09:56 AM
i'm afraid so pal...draw is next Fri morning i think for the final rounds
If Celtic get through to the play-off round, they will be seeded and are not likely to meet a stronger (or much stronger) team than Elfsborg.

clarshack

what's the story with stokes? i thought he was horrible against cliftonville and by all accounts wasnt much better last night.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on August 01, 2013, 12:15:52 PM
what's the story with stokes? i thought he was horrible against cliftonville and by all accounts wasnt much better last night.
they were all rusty
only samaras looked good.
the back four looked great at times, then caught in posession too many times - so that brought their marks down imo.
elfsborg didnt really try to attack, just sat 10 men n their own half and tried to counter attack at times.

the ref was very lenient on a lot of their tackles.
they were reminscent of the infamous Celtic v athletico madrid game (I think it was) back in the 60's where Celtic players had lumps kicked out of them.
not as bad last night, but another ref would have sent three of them off for two/three/four yellow card offenses.

Main Street

They fouled a lot but I didn't think there was an outstanding red card foul.
Hardly worth a mention in the same breath as that Atletico Madrid team from the 70's : Thug; Psycho, Punch; Spit, Hatchet, Bludgeon; Hammer, Thump, Wallop, Gouge, Axe-Murderer.

red hander

Quote from: Main Street on August 01, 2013, 01:32:28 PM
They fouled a lot but I didn't think there was an outstanding red card foul.
Hardly worth a mention in the same breath as that Atletico Madrid team from the 70's : Thug; Psycho, Punch; Spit, Hatchet, Bludgeon; Hammer, Thump, Wallop, Gouge, Axe-Murderer.

You forgot the substitute, Nazi Concentration Camp Guard

charlieTully

Quote from: clarshack on August 01, 2013, 12:15:52 PM

don't rate stokes at all, tricky away tie now with just the one goal. investment needed in a decent striker to replace hooper.