Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

cadence

killer blow. great composure though. you gotta admire that.

From the Bunker

Did you ever see a scoreline that lied like that?

cadence

Captain Obvious

Did that Ambrose fella play v Barcelona?

michaelg

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2013, 09:28:33 PM
Yes - Celtic victory against Barca last season.

EC Unique

Hard luck Celtic. Lack of quality in the final third the major problem. Juv had their tactics spot on and it worked well.

cadence

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

ambrose header was a sitter. but, it's all about the quality to take chances when they come and take them half chances. + defending is in italian dna. 

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 12, 2013, 09:31:25 PM
Yes but he didn't have to fly back from South Africa, right after playing all the way through to the AcoN  final, to make it to Glasgow the morning of the game.

Last Man

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on February 12, 2013, 09:56:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 12, 2013, 09:31:25 PM
Yes but he didn't have to fly back from South Africa, right after playing all the way through to the AcoN  final, to make it to Glasgow the morning of the game.

A gamble by Lennon that backfired.

bannside

The performance was unreal from Celtic. Even though the history books might protray this as a shooting in match for the Italians, we know that it was in fact the reverse. To be honest I cant remember Celtic playing better for manys a long year. 

Makes you wonder though why we cant play like this a bit more often!

johnneycool

Quote from: bannside on February 13, 2013, 09:29:25 AM
The performance was unreal from Celtic. Even though the history books might protray this as a shooting in match for the Italians, we know that it was in fact the reverse. To be honest I cant remember Celtic playing better for manys a long year. 

Juve soaked up the Celts pressure well, can't remember Buffon every really tested much other than some decent shots right down his gullet.

Celts did play some good stuff but you just got the feeling that they were never going to sustain that amount of effort the whole game and alas they run out of steam with 15 minutes or so to go. They need the equaliser in the first 15 minutes after half time, but it didn't come.

That's a pretty good Juve team and they'll take some beating, no shame in that.

EC Unique

Quote from: bannside on February 13, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

It was obvious that Juve were set up to defend deep and hit on the break. I think this tactic by them made Celtic's efforts look better. It worked a treat for Juve.

clarshack

when you think of the commons effort that just went past the post, the ambrose sitter, and the fact at least 1 penalty should have been awarded - it was a game that could have ended 3-3. 

Canalman

Steep  and harsh lesson for NL and his team.

While watching the game we  were actually discussing  at nil - one down  in the 2nd half  whether Celtic should accept the result  and drop back as Juventus would do likewise. Cavalier attacking by them killed the tie stone dead in the 1st leg.

Have to say I thought the Juventus defence were well entitled to battle the ground in front of the keeper at deadball situations and that the pundits etc were just being hysterical. From what I saw the defenders had the hands out/ palms wide open at all times and there was never going to be a penalty. The Celtic lads just got outmuscled/ outsmarted as the Italians obviously had their homework done.

Celtic are great to look at but I think their fortune favours the brave type luck just ran out.