Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

winghalfback

Celtic with 20 mins left took of lustig their right back and brought on tony watt dont think that was for defensive purposes well done celtic well done neil lennon. never mind the begrudgers and naysayers. Remember this is the same lennon who was getting bombs and  bullets sent to him in the post. Lennon made this team out of the 9.8m he got for mc geady united chelsea city arsenal spurs and liverool spend that a month on wages. HH MTH GBNL

nifan

I still think the 1 yellow was one of the most impressive things (barca got 2).
11 vs 8 fouls also show that it wasnt just a kicking session

Main Street

Celtic hardly put in a tackle unless it was necessary. The only yellow card went to Miku for a 'forwards tackle'.
That's the way it should be, the tackle is the last resort.

Even Wanyama kept a clean card sheet :)

Applesisapples

Barca always have at least 75% possession. Even against Real they will hit at least 65% possession. Messi extracted a super save from Foster, and when was the last time Celtic had a keeper this good? Ronnie Simpson? Fair play to Lennon and the players the deserved the result. As Gary Neville pointed out, even though Barca could have scored 4 more this was a much more deserved victory than Chelsea's fluke.

stew

Quote from: clarshack on November 09, 2012, 01:26:30 PM
thought this was a very disrespectful article:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/121108/five-celtic-players-too-good-spl-club-184852

It is disrespectful but what you do expect? Celtic are seen as the only big fish in a small pond, as such the perception is they were incapable of beating bottom BPL teams, I think they have put that myth to bed.

No matter how long these lads play that played the other night, they will never play in an atmosphere like that the other night in their lives...............unless they stay with Celtic.

It would be great if they gave each other three years to see what they could accomplish together, sadly that will not happen but Celtic will make millions on top of millions for the top men that will inevitable want away to the so called top tier teams.

Who knew McGeady would become a Celtic legend? ;)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 09, 2012, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: Orchardman on November 08, 2012, 06:48:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 08, 2012, 04:56:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 04:46:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 09:29:34 AM
In work this morning, it seems that the only ones not happy for Celtic are the Liverpool supporters. Everyone else (including 'the other side') are delighted for them.

"Celtic fans think they're the best in the world now"
"We'll see who goes further, Celtic or Barcelona"

What do Liverpool fans have against Celtic?

I'm not sure Liverpool fans have anything against Celtic.
I personally don't care about them but I don't hate them or anything.To me they are just another British club the same as Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs etc etc.
I watched the game and hoped Celtic would hold on and win because they were the underdog rather than because it was Celtic.
I'd be the same if it was Chelsea or Arsenal I'd have been hoping they would hold on but if they had of been beaten 5-0 I couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Liverpool fans are more use to actual big nights like Champions League semi finals and Finals and are wondering what all the fuss is about over a group game. ;)

LOL. I would say most Liverpool fans would give their right arm to be involved in CL group games at this stage.

Got that right, liverpool are a bit of a joke of a club the last 20 years, and have done nothing in champions league in the last 5 years. Celtic are heading for their 3rd last 16 place in the last 5-6 years, only barca and milan knocked them out.

Ive nothing against man u or liverpool or any of them really, just dont like the EPL, and realise that it's way overblown. But i cudn't believe the amount of lads that wanted to dampen the celtic win last. They should just clear off and enjoy the silly EPL

Someone said arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and man u have all beaten Barca in recent years. Well when did this happen, as it must be after 2008 when the guardiola era started, which is what counts, when Barca won two champions leagues. Chelsea are the only i can remember, and they were seriously jammy.

Celtic were of course very lucky night, but they havn't spent the millions that chelsea and co have, so it's no harm to put everyone behind the ball

You serious?  So it only counts after 2008?  Barcelona also won the CL in 2006 and the key players now were present in that team too.  Guardiola didn't build that Barcelona team, the players were there already.  Also, there is a big difference in a group game and a final (one off game).  United have been well beaten twice but went out to win the game, whereas Celtic were set-up for survival mode against Barcelona in their two games and anything extra would be a bonus.  People can say what they want about Barcelona not figuring out how to break Celtic down, but there isn't much you can do when a team camps its players around the penalty box, and in saying that a huge amount of luck is required as well which Celtic got.
Are you serious? Messi was 18 in 2006. In case you haven't noticed, he's become a pretty decent player since then. Are you saying they didn't become a better team when Guardiola took over?
Yeah, I'm sure you'd have been complaing if United had played the same way and won.  ::) Catch yourself on, Celtic deserved it.

nifan

Rubin kazan played barca 4 times in that period - 1 win and 2 draws the got from them too.

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on November 08, 2012, 10:11:41 PM
Catalan tv  give their tribute to  YNWA and the Green Brigade display

http://www.esport3.cat/video/4327390

that captures it perfectly, not many games leave you still buzzing 48hrs later. the naysayers havent a notion.

Main Street

There's a good article in the Guardian/Observer by Kevin McKenna on Neil Lennon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/10/neil-lennon-history-celtic-barcelona

here's a snip
Until recently, though, he has been regularly caricatured in the Scottish press as an immature hothead and a loose cannon who was somehow partly responsible for the vicissitudes he has encountered. One former Scotland international, writing in a Sunday newspaper, even suggested Lennon had brought the death threats upon himself because of his edgy demeanour.

As they flock to praise him now they adopt a supercilious tone in the manner of a headmaster handing over the best-pupil prize to a classroom miscreant who has changed his ways. The patronising tone has not gone unnoticed by Celtic's chief executive, Peter Lawwell, and it irks him. "What people are seeing now is the real Neil Lennon, a man who is highly intelligent, articulate and gifted. We have always known this, though, ever since he started working with us as a player, then captain and now manager.

"Yes, he has changed in the three years he has been manager, but only in the way most people change, including me, three years into any job. There were a few occasions when Neil reacted in a way that he later regretted, but Alex Ferguson, Arsène Wenger and José Mourinho have all reacted similarly in the heat of battle."

When Lawwell speaks about his manager there is barely concealed pride and affection for him. Much of this stems from his achievements as a player and now manager, but also from the way Lennon conducted himself in the face of "events that no other manager in world football has ever had to endure".

ziggy90

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 09, 2012, 01:23:18 PM
Barca always have at least 75% possession. Even against Real they will hit at least 65% possession. Messi extracted a super save from Foster, and when was the last time Celtic had a keeper this good? Ronnie Simpson? Fair play to Lennon and the players the deserved the result. As Gary Neville pointed out, even though Barca could have scored 4 more this was a much more deserved victory than Chelsea's fluke.

Peter Latchford ;D!!!
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ziggy90

Quote from: charlieTully on November 09, 2012, 09:37:14 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 08, 2012, 10:11:41 PM
Catalan tv  give their tribute to  YNWA and the Green Brigade display

http://www.esport3.cat/video/4327390

that captures it perfectly, not many games leave you still buzzing 48hrs later. the naysayers havent a notion.

That's a brilliant video, I think that's maybe the first time in my time following football I'd have loved to have been part of an atmosphere that wasn't of my own clubs making. Stew says above that the players who were there on Wednesday would not experience that atmosphere again unless they stayed with Celtic, I don't think that's true, the lads who played that night will never experience that atmosphere again full stop. I envy anyone who was there.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

A Barca fan compiled his own video tribute on his visit to Celtic pk,  remarkable quality and at times a steady hand.
'Ambient a Celtic Park al partit Celtic v Barça'
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuym3w_ambient-a-celtic-park-celtic-fc-vs-fc-barcelona-hd-16-9-07-11-2012_sport

nrico2006

Quote from: SambaSaffron on November 09, 2012, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 09, 2012, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: Orchardman on November 08, 2012, 06:48:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 08, 2012, 04:56:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 04:46:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 09:29:34 AM
In work this morning, it seems that the only ones not happy for Celtic are the Liverpool supporters. Everyone else (including 'the other side') are delighted for them.

"Celtic fans think they're the best in the world now"
"We'll see who goes further, Celtic or Barcelona"

What do Liverpool fans have against Celtic?

I'm not sure Liverpool fans have anything against Celtic.
I personally don't care about them but I don't hate them or anything.To me they are just another British club the same as Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs etc etc.
I watched the game and hoped Celtic would hold on and win because they were the underdog rather than because it was Celtic.
I'd be the same if it was Chelsea or Arsenal I'd have been hoping they would hold on but if they had of been beaten 5-0 I couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Liverpool fans are more use to actual big nights like Champions League semi finals and Finals and are wondering what all the fuss is about over a group game. ;)

LOL. I would say most Liverpool fans would give their right arm to be involved in CL group games at this stage.

Got that right, liverpool are a bit of a joke of a club the last 20 years, and have done nothing in champions league in the last 5 years. Celtic are heading for their 3rd last 16 place in the last 5-6 years, only barca and milan knocked them out.

Ive nothing against man u or liverpool or any of them really, just dont like the EPL, and realise that it's way overblown. But i cudn't believe the amount of lads that wanted to dampen the celtic win last. They should just clear off and enjoy the silly EPL

Someone said arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and man u have all beaten Barca in recent years. Well when did this happen, as it must be after 2008 when the guardiola era started, which is what counts, when Barca won two champions leagues. Chelsea are the only i can remember, and they were seriously jammy.

Celtic were of course very lucky night, but they havn't spent the millions that chelsea and co have, so it's no harm to put everyone behind the ball

You serious?  So it only counts after 2008?  Barcelona also won the CL in 2006 and the key players now were present in that team too.  Guardiola didn't build that Barcelona team, the players were there already.  Also, there is a big difference in a group game and a final (one off game).  United have been well beaten twice but went out to win the game, whereas Celtic were set-up for survival mode against Barcelona in their two games and anything extra would be a bonus.  People can say what they want about Barcelona not figuring out how to break Celtic down, but there isn't much you can do when a team camps its players around the penalty box, and in saying that a huge amount of luck is required as well which Celtic got.
Are you serious? Messi was 18 in 2006. In case you haven't noticed, he's become a pretty decent player since then. Are you saying they didn't become a better team when Guardiola took over?
Yeah, I'm sure you'd have been complaing if United had played the same way and won.  ::) Catch yourself on, Celtic deserved it.

I just don't see how you can say Celtic deserved it when they basically didn't touch the ball all night.  From my time watching football, teams win and teams lose.  I always thought that the team who deserved to win was the one that played the better football and had more of the ball and chances, which was Barcelona in this case.  Sometimes the teams that deserve to win don't, sometimes they do.  Celtic didn't deserve to win, but they did and fair play to them.  The only thing that matters though is the scoreboard. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

camanchero

Quote from: Main Street on November 11, 2012, 12:50:12 PM
A Barca fan compiled his own video tribute on his visit to Celtic pk,  remarkable quality and at times a steady hand.
'Ambient a Celtic Park al partit Celtic v Barça'
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuym3w_ambient-a-celtic-park-celtic-fc-vs-fc-barcelona-hd-16-9-07-11-2012_sport
cracker MS !