?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gazzler

Quote from: charlieTully on November 08, 2012, 09:26:34 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on November 08, 2012, 09:20:21 PM
Liverpool 5 European finals and World club final winning 4 of them plus a few more European semi finals since 2001....Not bad for a team who are a bit of a joke!!

no doubting their European pedigree. bit of a disaster domestically since the premier league started.

True but I'm just pointing out they are hardly a bit of a joke like one poster said with a record like the one above and all of that success I mentioned is all from the last 10 years.
The Premier League has eluded them but they have also done pretty well in the domestic cups.

Main Street

Catalan tv  give their tribute to  YNWA and the Green Brigade display

http://www.esport3.cat/video/4327390

ONeill

Confirmed tonight that Celtic had 5% possession.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on November 08, 2012, 10:31:46 PM

And 3% of that was in the warm up before the game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

charlieTully

Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 10:33:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 08, 2012, 10:31:46 PM

And 3% of that was in the warm up before the game.
[/quote

Two goals with such little possession, not bad eh?

T Fearon

Big question is how many more European Cup wins would Celtic have and how many less would Liverpool have if

A) Feyenoord hadn't been treated so lightly in the 1970 Final

B) The services of Hay,Macari,Connolly,Dalglish had been retained throughout the 70s.

FFs Liverpool won European Cups with the likes of Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smyth playing

ballinaman

Manchester United currently have more points in the Champions League than Liverpool have in the Premier league. Move along, nothing to see here.

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on November 08, 2012, 10:56:06 PM
Big question is how many more European Cup wins would Celtic have and how many less would Liverpool have if

B) The services of Hay,Macari,Connolly,Dalglish had been retained throughout the 70s.

FFs Liverpool won European Cups with the likes of Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smyth playing
You forgot C)How many more would Liverpool have if they had of been in Europe in the mid to late 80's.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: ballinaman on November 08, 2012, 11:02:11 PM
Manchester United currently have more points in the Champions League than Liverpool have in the Premier league. Move along, nothing to see here.
>:( interesting point.

charlieTully

Just watched it again there. Song should have been sent off. On a yellow and made two more bookable tackles. plus a blatant foul on watt which should have resulted in a red. 3-0 would have been a truer reflection. were the famous glasgow celtic and were off to wembley.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 08, 2012, 10:56:06 PM

You forgot C)How many more would Liverpool have if they had of been in Europe in the mid to late 80's.
Who's fault is that then?

Unbelievable result last night. Brilliant.

T Fearon

A shambolic board who wouldn't pay players what they were worth even though it was easily affordable at the time.

Brilliant night at Celtic Park on Wednesday and I'm back on Sunday with Directors Box tickets and hospitality.Will bring a few hankies with me in case Rod Stewart runs out if them!

nrico2006

Quote from: Orchardman on November 08, 2012, 06:48:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 08, 2012, 04:56:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2012, 04:46:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2012, 09:29:34 AM
In work this morning, it seems that the only ones not happy for Celtic are the Liverpool supporters. Everyone else (including 'the other side') are delighted for them.

"Celtic fans think they're the best in the world now"
"We'll see who goes further, Celtic or Barcelona"

What do Liverpool fans have against Celtic?

I'm not sure Liverpool fans have anything against Celtic.
I personally don't care about them but I don't hate them or anything.To me they are just another British club the same as Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs etc etc.
I watched the game and hoped Celtic would hold on and win because they were the underdog rather than because it was Celtic.
I'd be the same if it was Chelsea or Arsenal I'd have been hoping they would hold on but if they had of been beaten 5-0 I couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Liverpool fans are more use to actual big nights like Champions League semi finals and Finals and are wondering what all the fuss is about over a group game. ;)

LOL. I would say most Liverpool fans would give their right arm to be involved in CL group games at this stage.

Got that right, liverpool are a bit of a joke of a club the last 20 years, and have done nothing in champions league in the last 5 years. Celtic are heading for their 3rd last 16 place in the last 5-6 years, only barca and milan knocked them out.

Ive nothing against man u or liverpool or any of them really, just dont like the EPL, and realise that it's way overblown. But i cudn't believe the amount of lads that wanted to dampen the celtic win last. They should just clear off and enjoy the silly EPL

Someone said arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and man u have all beaten Barca in recent years. Well when did this happen, as it must be after 2008 when the guardiola era started, which is what counts, when Barca won two champions leagues. Chelsea are the only i can remember, and they were seriously jammy.

Celtic were of course very lucky night, but they havn't spent the millions that chelsea and co have, so it's no harm to put everyone behind the ball

You serious?  So it only counts after 2008?  Barcelona also won the CL in 2006 and the key players now were present in that team too.  Guardiola didn't build that Barcelona team, the players were there already.  Also, there is a big difference in a group game and a final (one off game).  United have been well beaten twice but went out to win the game, whereas Celtic were set-up for survival mode against Barcelona in their two games and anything extra would be a bonus.  People can say what they want about Barcelona not figuring out how to break Celtic down, but there isn't much you can do when a team camps its players around the penalty box, and in saying that a huge amount of luck is required as well which Celtic got.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Defending like Celtic did is a calculated risk by the manager which a massive factor been who scores first. If Barca score first, they won't change their gameplan whereas Celtic would have to come out a bit and Barca would thrive.

Getting the first goal was massive for Celtic and I'm sure that Lennon was banking on a few set pieces to get that chance.

Celtic were excellent at what they wanted to do and should receive all the credit for having a gameplan and seeing it through. You could call it "lucky" but over two games they where more than lucky.

camanchero

its the old style of italian defending from yesteryear.
have loads of men behind the ball (though they used to kick lumps out of the opposition - eg Gentille & Sirrea -spelling is wrong I know) and hit on the counter attack.
Donegal have done it in the GAA world this year, but Kerry had a version of it in the early 80's.
Others lke Dublin last year and Tyrone , Armagh, Mayo, Kildare etc all had/have their own versions of it too.

Celtic duplicated what Inter and Chelsea have done this past couple of years.
in fact most teams in scotland that play Celtic over the past 10 seasons or so (inc the now defunct rangers club) have got all their men behind the ball and tried to hit on the counter attack.
celtic have great difficulty in playing the ball in behind these and scoring - thats why an aeriel threat from play and set pieces is so important in soccer as it is often the only way to score against these teams.
As demonstrated, even the best team in the world has difficulty scoring against a well organised defensive structure if they only have a 'Plan A'.