62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 23, 2012, 11:46:57 PM
Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 23, 2012, 10:20:26 PM
The officials did appear to be somewhat 'partial', like letting Victor twiddle his toes waiting to come on for minutes, but that would bring sour grapes into the equation. Pity that Brown has that hip issue which will not get better as he has come into his element this season. Watching Samaras  fall on and twist his ankle like that on the slow motion replay really made me cringe. Hard to credit that he could actually hobble off the pitch.

Revenge awaits in Paradise in the return game :)

That would have been one of the best Celtic results in their history, barca are the single greatest team of all time and Celtic were 15 seconds from denying them victory, a tremendous effort all around.

as a coach I thought that subbing two players at the same time was a bad idea.............especially as they were subbing was a bad idea, that said I was watching the United game at the same time and maybe got it wrong.

For Celtic to run Barcelona this close is remarkable and this performance should give them the confidence to push on, fear nobody and do damage for the rest of the season!

If Barcelona were the greatest team of all time they would have won the la-liga,champions league last season.

You tell me a better team than Barca then????

They have won more than enough La Liga's with this group of players, they have won the CL multiple times and I have never seen their equal in 4o odd years of watching the game.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: AFS on October 23, 2012, 11:59:13 PM
Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
That would have been one of the best Celtic results in their history

Steady on. You're talking about a club that has won the European Cup.

And that's exactly why I said ONE of the best results in their history.

Main Street

No doubt it would have been a great result, considering.

I was reading a report on Celtic Wiki,  about the Euro Cup 1974 semi final game against Athletico Madrid at Celtic Park 1st leg.
The Athletico Madrid team,  Thug; Psycho, Punch; Spit, Hatchet, Bludgeon; Hammer, Thump, Wallop, Gouge, Axe-Murderer
;D
How times have changed.

EC Unique

Kilmarnock might have beaten barca!!  ;D

illdecide

Don't sell McCourt, my Paddy McCourt. I just don't think you'll understand, cause if you sell McCourt, my Paddy McCourt your gonna have a riot on your hands...lol...WTF

Paddy came on against Dundee Utd yesterday and gave the ball away which resulted in Dundee Utd going straight up the field and scored from it, then 2 mins later he was dispossessed again and Dundee Utd got a corner from it. After the corner they scored again.

Why would you start a riot for selling a guy who can't get a start in the 1st team and whenever he does come on as sub he continuously gives the ball back to the opposition?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J OGorman

Quote from: illdecide on November 05, 2012, 04:11:02 PM
Don't sell McCourt, my Paddy McCourt. I just don't think you'll understand, cause if you sell McCourt, my Paddy McCourt your gonna have a riot on your hands...lol...WTF

Paddy came on against Dundee Utd yesterday and gave the ball away which resulted in Dundee Utd going straight up the field and scored from it, then 2 mins later he was dispossessed again and Dundee Utd got a corner from it. After the corner they scored again.

Why would you start a riot for selling a guy who can't get a start in the 1st team and whenever he does come on as sub he continuously gives the ball back to the opposition?

who does that jumped up Derry pr1ck think he is?? imagine.  give him both barrels illdecide ;-)

charlieTully

Quote from: illdecide on November 05, 2012, 04:11:02 PM

[/quote

You are spot on, no call to bring him on at all yesterday. He needs moved on now.

camanchero

i'd keep McCourt. He offers something different that Celtic dont have in attack. It is just a pity he isnt getting enough game time there to keep him match fit - which imo was the problem yesterday in giving the ball away (not fitness- just not used to the tempo from having feck all action this past ages).
there are a few Celtic players that are in the same boat as McCourt. on the fringes and maybe not quite good enough or maybe always injured and a few of them need moving on.
Celtic have too big a squad now, but this should guarantee them winning the league, if Lennon does the swuad rotations correctly.

People were saying to get rid of Samaras, but the guy offers something different and I think in the past few months at least has shown people what this is...

anyhow, Dundee utd have been hard for Celtic to beat this past few seasons and yesterday shows that they raise their game for the Champions. Celtic need to be more clinical though. Too many mistakes being made by defenders.
Still as long as they get those out of their system and park the bus on Wed night and try to plunder a goal on the counter attack, we wont care!

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bannside

Thats just ridiculous. On present form who could you leave out LOL.

illdecide

Celtic are 8/1 to win 2mara nite...Dream come true with a 1-0 win but's v doubtful, i'd say one chance in eight in winning ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2012, 10:32:39 PM
Celtic are 8/1 to win 2mara nite...Dream come true with a 1-0 win but's v doubtful, i'd say one chance in eight in winning ;)

Five nil Barca, the aul pride will kick and they will put manners on the celts tomorrow. ;)

Main Street

What a team and CL occasion to have for Celtic's 125th birthday celebration.
I hope the rte pundits can shut up for 5 minutes so we can witness the display.

5-0 would be a bit of a party pooper, even worse if Barca score before the display has time to unwind  ;D

Ulick

Amazing display there at the start:

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...