Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Denn Forever

Chance to see Messi in the flesh though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Capt Pat

That is a good enough draw for Celtic. Barca are out of their league but the other two are beatable.

City got a tougher draw ir as tough with Ajax Real and Dortmund United have it easy wit Cluj Braga and Galtasaray

Forever Green

Not too bad a draw. Wee Aiden returning home to Parkhead will be brilliant, hope he gets a fantastic reception. And of course, the greatest ever team will be made welcome as well. Was kinda hoping we got Barca, should be an amazing atmposphere regardless of the scoreline. I think we have a real chance of sneaking into 2nd but we are going to have to get a least a point away from home

Celtic 2-2 Barca  8)
Barca 4-1 Celtic

Celtic 2-1 Spartak
Spartak 1-1 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Benfica
Benfica 3-1 Celtic

Feels good to be amonsgt Europe`s finest again  :)

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2012, 06:05:55 PM
That is a good enough draw for Celtic. Barca are out of their league but the other two are beatable.
Benfica are also way out of Celtic's league,  they were well capable of  getting through to the semi finals of last year's CL but managed to shoot themselves in the foot.
At best for Celtic, it's a scrap for 3rd place between them and Spartak.
A 3rd place finish in the group would be an admirable and a more than acceptable achievement.
Some great nights ahead for Celtic fans.

Main Street

Fixtures have been fixed

Sep 19    19:45    Celtic    v    Benfica   
Oct 2    17:00    Spartak     v    Celtic
Oct 23    19:45    Barcelona    v    Celtic
Nov 7    19:45    Celtic    v    Barcelona
Nov 20    19:45    Benfica    v    Celtic
Dec 5    19:45    Celtic    v    Spartak Moscow

Forever Green

Good to have the Barca games back to back. We`ll know where we are standing after that

thebigfella

Quote from: Forever Green on August 31, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
Good to have the Barca games back to back. We`ll know where we are standing after that

Yep with 1 point if they are lucky.

Over the Bar

most clubs in Europe would be happy with a point from a double header with barca before a ball is kicked

Armaghgeddon

Forever Green

I think it might be Ivan Klasnic, the striker coming in on a free

Delighted with todays business. We needed cover for Forster and Zaluska, we got that. We needed another CB and we got one. Looks a good player does Ambrose, ball playing defender. Absolutely delighted with the Miku signing. I have watched quite a bit of him and he is a very good player. He might just be the player to swing it our way against Benfica and Spartak. Option for a permanent transfer as well which is great

Very good business by Celtic today. Brought in who we needed and spent just under a million

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Forever Green on August 31, 2012, 11:44:29 PM
I think it might be Ivan Klasnic, the striker coming in on a free

Delighted with todays business. We needed cover for Forster and Zaluska, we got that. We needed another CB and we got one. Looks a good player does Ambrose, ball playing defender. Absolutely delighted with the Miku signing. I have watched quite a bit of him and he is a very good player. He might just be the player to swing it our way against Benfica and Spartak. Option for a permanent transfer as well which is great

Very good business by Celtic today. Brought in who we needed and spent just under a million

Not going to be a household name apparently.

clarshack

Forever Green

Aye, saw that on another forum. You just never know with Celtic, they get our hopes up and then crush them. Then we will end up with Del Piero in the morning lol

I`m happy enough with what we have. Would have liked to have seen Jonny Russell come in but still a great window for Lenny and the bhoys