?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Forever Green

Quote from: Ulick on February 09, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
When does the Rangers tax case judgement get handed down?

March I think. It`s an almost certainty that they will enter administration and a lot of jounalists are reporting that they will be lucky to not be liquidated as a company. Hopefully be all sorted out before our trip to Ibrox. Jelly and Ice Cream Party!  ;D

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 09, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
When does the Rangers tax case judgement get handed down?

After John Terry leads England to the Greek bailout.
MWWSI 2017

illdecide

I'm for Ibrox in March for the old firm game and i can't wait as it should be a cracker (slagging from celtic fans) and I'm for the Rangers end too ;) hopefully we'll be 30pts clear by then (Rangers should get deducted 20pts for going into administration if that happens)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on February 09, 2012, 11:57:03 PM
I'm for Ibrox in March for the old firm game and i can't wait as it should be a cracker (slagging from celtic fans) and I'm for the Rangers end too ;) hopefully we'll be 30pts clear by then (Rangers should get deducted 20pts for going into administration if that happens)

Be very careful. I did that once at a Hearts match, and me an my mate nearly got lynched at the end.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on February 10, 2012, 01:01:51 AM

Be very careful. I did that once at a Hearts match, and me an my mate nearly got lynched at the end.

Yea but they don't announce the McKenna Cup results anymore.
MWWSI 2017

Forever Green

Quote from: Orior on February 10, 2012, 01:01:51 AM

Aye be very careful, illdecide, these f**kers will be out do some damage that day as well. With them going balls up, their dignified fans will be out to cause shit. Was going to go the Ibrox game as well but it will be an even bigger party at the game at Parkhead so I will try and get over for that one instead

illdecide

I'm going to the game with a Rangers man and he's giving me his fathers season ticket for that game so I'll be sitting beside him and I'll guess I'll have enough sense not to jump up when Celtic score ;)

P.S. i could wear my club colours to the game as it's the same colour of blue :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lfdown2

Do people not think that a liquidated Rangers would do Celtic more harm than good?

Surely attracting players would become pretty much impossible and the 'old firm' brand would disappear, as hard as it is to say we need Rangers to remain at least competitive imo

Forever Green

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 10, 2012, 03:04:36 AM
Do people not think that a liquidated Rangers would do Celtic more harm than good?

Surely attracting players would become pretty much impossible and the 'old firm' brand would disappear, as hard as it is to say we need Rangers to remain at least competitive imo

Na, I think it would be better for us and the SPL as a whole. Rangers ruined the SPL. David Murray came in with all that money in the 90s with no other club in the league able to compete with them. Before he did this, the league was very competitive. If the huns do die, I think the other clubs will start to thrive again. Maybe we will dominate the league but at least there will be more teams competing for the European places thus providing more money to the other clubs. An example of something like this happening would be Lyon dominating the French League in the last decade. The league was able to continue to compete in Europe

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Forever Green on February 10, 2012, 04:22:33 PM

Na, I think it would be better for us and the SPL as a whole. Rangers ruined the SPL. David Murray came in with all that money in the 90s with no other club in the league able to compete with them. Before he did this, the league was very competitive. If the huns do die, I think the other clubs will start to thrive again. Maybe we will dominate the league but at least there will be more teams competing for the European places thus providing more money to the other clubs. An example of something like this happening would be Lyon dominating the French League in the last decade. The league was able to continue to compete in Europe
Couldn't disagree more FG, the outside interest (where most of the cash is i.e TV) would decline if Rangers folded, I think they are mutually dependent.   

Forever Green

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2012, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on February 10, 2012, 04:22:33 PM

Couldn't disagree more FG, the outside interest (where most of the cash is i.e TV) would decline if Rangers folded, I think they are mutually dependent.

At the minute though, there isn`t a whole lot of outside interest in the SPL, our TV deal is only worth £1.5-2m each season which isn`t a whole lot to Celtic. We could easily make that up elsewhere. There would be more competition from the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs or even Kilmarnock. Killie brought 25,000 fans to their recent cup semi final, if they were competing at the top of the league and playing in Europe there would be a lot more revenue for them and they wouuld be attracting better players. There are a few clubs in the SPL who are sleeping giants and if they were to acheive some success, they would wake up

Applesisapples

Why's Stokes warming the bench? Has he been bold? Reading the reports on Saturday they could have done with him.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 13, 2012, 02:32:52 PM
Why's Stokes warming the bench? Has he been bold? Reading the reports on Saturday they could have done with him.
Because Hooper is better than him. Celtic won on Saturday even though the ref was awful and they played a fair bit with 10 men, so I'd say the decision to have him on the bench was proved right.

lynchbhoy

while Celtic wont refuse it, the money they get from spl tv revenue is pittance.
the loss of rangers and any loss in tv revenue wont affect them too much.

stokes not playing may be down to the rumours I have heard regarding couple of russian teams sniffing about for hooper- Celtic want to keep him in the shop window - the russian transfer window doesnt close for a few weeks yet I think.
I would have thought that getting bangura (then the polish guy recently a bangura got inj) was cover for hooper as Celtic expected to be selling him I believe.

Stokes was playing far better this past few weeks than Hoper so I was surprised to see him dropped.
unless of course if this russian sale is true.

even if they dont sell him, its good for Celtics run in for the league title!

Geoff Tipps