Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Orior

What exactly did the offensive banner say?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Forever Green

Quote from: Orior on December 19, 2011, 09:01:38 PM
What exactly did the offensive banner say?

"f**k UEFA". All this shit over a banner that is flown in a lot of European grounds every week. But what has annoyed the majority of Celtic fans is the way the bastards in the Celtic board and Neil Lennon have been mouthing off about the fans. Over the last few weeks, Lenny has been throwing in some sly digs at the support and it has been so disappointing. Biggest mistake he will have made as these are the hardcore fans who were the only ones not wanting him out of the club earlier in the season

Clown

i've seen a lot worse banners to be fair, where the same song and dance wasnt made

a racist one in Russia aimed at Odemwingie that had bananas on it when he left the Moscow team, one at Elland road from Man U fans that was glorifying the istanbul murders - those 2 just off the top of my head

was a stupid thing to do all the same, and was always going to be highlighted by the scottish media.

Lennon should look a bit closer to home though when talking about disgracing the club

angermanagement

Forver Green what do you expect Lennon/board to do ? Say the fans were right, he had to come out and condome them, it was stupidity and there was no chance they'd get away with it. As for the other two examples highlighted of course they were big news and were condoned by the media.

Forever Green do you ever wonder why some see the Scottish league as a bigoted cesspit when you finish a football post with Tiocfaidh ar la.

thebigfella

I think this sort of behaviour shows what sort of remedial's follow Celtic (and Rangers) to be honest. The Celtic board and especially Lennon have went way up in my opinion by condemning it.

Doogie Browser

Lennon has went up in my estimation also, these knuckle heads cannot spoil it for the vast majority of Celtic fans.

Forever Green

Quote from: angermanagement on December 20, 2011, 12:10:30 PM
Forver Green what do you expect Lennon/board to do ? Say the fans were right, he had to come out and condome them, it was stupidity and there was no chance they'd get away with it. As for the other two examples highlighted of course they were big news and were condoned by the media.

Forever Green do you ever wonder why some see the Scottish league as a bigoted cesspit when you finish a football post with Tiocfaidh ar la.

What exactly is bigoted about Tiocfaidh ar la  ???

I agree the banner was silly and brought stupid attention to us but it is the way the club have handled this and other things the last few weeks which has disappointed me. There has been quite a few times where Lennon has been throwing in sly digs at the fans who who gave him relentless backing this year and especially last year. Why couldn't he have just dodged the incident instead of creating more shite for the fans to put up with? Also Peter Lawwell, Celtic chief executive, has came out and claimed that these lads aren't real fans. FFS, they just spent their hard earned money to travel to Italy and follow their team.

Tbh, I just don't like the way the club is heading under the current board. The way it is going atm we are just going to be another Hibs who have forgotten about the Irish roots of the club

Muzz

Sorry Forever Green but you are talking shite!  I dont need to say which bit is shite because frankly it all is.

A few months back I spoke about the "Green Brigade"!  We know it is these clowns that are drawing the unwanted attention to Celtic.  They need to go.  Real fans do not need songs or banners to know the Irish connections Celtic have.  These idiots are trying to destroy the reputation that good decent Celtic fans have built up over the years.  Their politics is tiring and they would do everyone a favour if they cleared off out of paradise. 

Lawell and Lennon is right.  They are disgracing the club with their actions and will destroy Celtic as a team if they keep up their actions!

Forever Green

Quote from: Muzz on December 20, 2011, 07:32:28 PM
Sorry Forever Green but you are talking shite!  I dont need to say which bit is shite because frankly it all is.

A few months back I spoke about the "Green Brigade"!  We know it is these clowns that are drawing the unwanted attention to Celtic.  They need to go.  Real fans do not need songs or banners to know the Irish connections Celtic have.  These idiots are trying to destroy the reputation that good decent Celtic fans have built up over the years.  Their politics is tiring and they would do everyone a favour if they cleared off out of paradise. 

Lawell and Lennon is right.  They are disgracing the club with their actions and will destroy Celtic as a team if they keep up their actions!

Muzz, the Green Brigade are far from destroying the reputation of Celtic. I don't understand why they are getting the blame for this shite. We got fined for singing Up the Ra against Udinese but it is well known that the Green Brigade have been trying to eradicate that chorus from the songsheet and other references to the Provo`s to make sure the easily offended crowd are happy. Even Lenny has admitted that the GB are a massive help to the team and goes over to applaud them after every match. Imo, if it wasn't for the GB Parkhead would be completely dead on Matchday. When Lennon took over he said he wanted to hear the thunder back at Celtic Park and the GB have certainly delivered on that aspect. To the majority of Celtic fans, they have been one of the best things about Celtic these last few years. We have been singing these songs and demonstrating our political beliefs for years including in 2003 when we got the UEFA award for best fans in Europe. Ever since Lenny went through all that pish last season, it has been highlighted to paint us as bad as the huns. This new bill from the Scottish Government emphasises this point

Muzz

Where have you read it was for singing up the ra?   I have witnessed on a number of occasions the gb storming at police.  Is it coincidence that since we got the gb we have not been out of the papers for the wrong reasons?

Lenny did say them things but all it was to do was to give them the attention they craved in the hope they'd go away and crawl under the shells they came from.  The problems are the gb not any other fan in that ground. Simple!

Forever Green

Quote from: Muzz on December 20, 2011, 08:43:51 PM
Where have you read it was for singing up the ra?   I have witnessed on a number of occasions the gb storming at police.  Is it coincidence that since we got the gb we have not been out of the papers for the wrong reasons?

Lenny did say them things but all it was to do was to give them the attention they craved in the hope they'd go away and crawl under the shells they came from.  The problems are the gb not any other fan in that ground. Simple!

When we got the fine a couple of weeks ago, the club released a statement saying that is was for the Up the Ra chant

The GB are under constant harrassment from Strathclyde police. They are trying to be criminalised for singing FFS. So what if they have a political agenda. They have every right considering the majority of Scottish politicians want them gone. I will give you this link as evidence to the shite these Bhoys go through:

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/a-clear-and-present-danger/#more-1759

If you think Lennon doesn't like the atmosphere the GB bring to the matches, then you are badly mistaken. Would you prefer the place was completely dead? What sort of inspiration would that be for the players?

Muzz

I'm not saying they do not add atmosphere they do...but it is the political side they need to forget.  We have always had harassment from the police in Glasgow but the gb are bringing it on themselves for their actions.

Don't forget it was former police man that was the one reported Celtic to the SPL and to UEFA where SPL found Celtic not guilty as the club had done everything to discourage it.  It was the gb that was singing at the hearts game pro IRA songs with rest of us standing booing our own fans!  Ridiculous scene of events.  But the gb by their actions at Udinese put Celtic in bad view again and this arsehole of a ex policeman looks like he was right.  If they'd went there and behaved it could have looked like they were wrong.  Instead we were shown up.  The fan that got banned wasn't just for the banner but he assaulted a steward as well.  No place at Celtic for men like that.  Refuse to call him a supporter just like Lawell.

Forever Green

Quote from: Muzz on December 20, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
I'm not saying they do not add atmosphere they do...but it is the political side they need to forget.  We have always had harassment from the police in Glasgow but the gb are bringing it on themselves for their actions.

Don't forget it was former police man that was the one reported Celtic to the SPL and to UEFA where SPL found Celtic not guilty as the club had done everything to discourage it.  It was the gb that was singing at the hearts game pro IRA songs with rest of us standing booing our own fans!  Ridiculous scene of events.  But the gb by their actions at Udinese put Celtic in bad view again and this arsehole of a ex policeman looks like he was right.  If they'd went there and behaved it could have looked like they were wrong.  Instead we were shown up.  The fan that got banned wasn't just for the banner but he assaulted a steward as well.  No place at Celtic for men like that.  Refuse to call him a supporter just like Lawell.

I`m not excusing the fact that it was a stupid thing to do and it was a disgrace that a steward allegedly got attacked but he is still a loyal supporter who has spent a lot of money and traveled across Europe to watch his team a couple of weeks before Christmas. For Peter Lawwell to come out and say that they are going to "weed" these supporters out is a disgrace. Come the start of next season, he will be begging them to renew their season tickets.

What IRA songs where the GB singing against Hearts? I assume you mean the recent game against them

They are not bringing it on themselves. What makes Celtic so special is our link to politics and the beliefs they have. This is why we are respected throughout the world. This has only become a major factor since Lenny started getting attacked by those other fuckwits. The media, Police and the Scottish Goverment are just trying to paint us as bad as the huns imo when in reality the GB have done very little wrong apart from bringing an atmosphere back to Parkhead and expressing their own beliefs. Are they not allowed an opinion?

Muzz

No I am talking about the away game when Celtic was first reported for this. 

A supporter is someone that supports someone or something.  In my view stands by their beliefs and what they stand for.  Celtic have moved with the times and are trying to become more friendly and less political.  If the fans don't like this view then they should not support them.  Yes it's our club and we are all allowed our opinion but frankly there is not a lot that I can agree with how the gb go about expressing their view.  They come across as speaking for everyone else...they do not.  They have their view and that's theirs but there are ways to do it without dragging our club through the disciplinary process.

Bringing this way back to the poppy banner at parkhead.  No one asked the gb or any other supporter to wear a poppy.  The club took a decision as part of the SPL to wear them on their shirts.  As a supporter I have to respect that decision but do not have to agree with it.  The club have done the right thing by showing to be diverse and accepting the decision of their governing body.  Why supporters can't see that I'll never know.  The club is in Britain with many army men in Scotland Celtic supporters.  Because of Irish feeling towards the British army the club need to accept this?  Don't think so...

Forever Green

Look, obviously we have different viewpoints on what the club should be about but there are a lot of Celtic fans worried that we will be the new Hibs and this is a view I share. Btw, the only time we have been reported for IRA singing in an SPL game was the 0-0 draw against Hibs at home this season.

Celtic fans had every right to be protest at the poppy being worn on the hoops. A poppy remembering the same British Army who have tortured Ireland for hundreds of years. Why should we allow that? It is an insult to the many Celtic supporters who have lost family and friends because of the British Army

It is obvious we are not going to agree on this subject and we are just going round in circles now. I just don't want to lose that status that has made us so special to many millions of people. If Celtic were to "move with the times" as you put it, we would be just another club in a shitty wee league. Where is the attraction there for new supporters? The beliefs of the majority of the supporters is what makes Celtic attractive to may people around the world imo.

An example of this is the banner unfurled by St Pauil fans at their recent match against Frankfurt:

Anyway, lets just hope for a win against Kilmarnock this Saturday and a proper hunskelping next Wednesday night. If we can achieve that, we will win the league and nothing would make me happier than seeing Neil Lennon lifting the SPL trophy as our manager even if I don't agree with some of his recent comments

Hail Hail!