Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Muzz

Team News:  Zaluska; Matthews, Majstorovic, Wanyama, Mulgrew; Forrest, Ki, Kayal, Ledley; Bangura, Hooper

Quite a few surprises!

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hashtag

was listening to TALKsport on the way home from work, Udinese have left all their 'stars' back in Italy. I rushed into house and got £20 on celtic just before tip off.

Hashtag

Forever Green

Aye

That would be my description of that match

RMDrive

Jesus, crazy penalty decision against Celtic.

bennydorano

That was fuckin scandalous, another bought ref with a room full of hookers & a bag of coke tonight :)

michaelg

Is Paddy Mc Court fit?  Was he on the bench tonight or get on?  How come Lennon doesn't play him?

Forever Green

Quote from: michaelg on September 29, 2011, 10:28:41 PM
Is Paddy Mc Court fit?  Was he on the bench tonight or get on?  How come Lennon doesn't play him?

He is fit again and was on the bench tonight. Lennon doesn't play him because......I seriously do not f**king know. That man makes some strange decisions. Even when we needed a goal tonight, he kept McCourt and Stokes(our best player) on the bench. As for him putting Samaras on before Stokes and McCourt, that shit makes me want to cry

Pat Mustard

He doesn't/didn't play McCourt because he isn't very good. We only 'needed a goal' in the last 5 minutes, so I can't criticise Lennon for not making a change then. I can criticise him for a lot of other stuff, but thats beside the point. Samaras on before Stokes is ridiculous, though it should have been another midfielder on at that stage of the game anyway.

His persistence with Samaras is the main factor in turning me against him.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Pat Mustard on September 30, 2011, 09:35:29 AM
He doesn't/didn't play McCourt because he isn't very good. We only 'needed a goal' in the last 5 minutes, so I can't criticise Lennon for not making a change then. I can criticise him for a lot of other stuff, but thats beside the point. Samaras on before Stokes is ridiculous, though it should have been another midfielder on at that stage of the game anyway.

His persistence with Samaras is the main factor in turning me against him.

+1

Will still support Lenny, but he's becoming frustrating with his attitude towards Stokes, McCourt and a few others.
Btw good performance last night, headlines today:
"Celtic get robbed by referee shocker...." See it doesn't just happen in the SPL  >:(

Paranoid moi not.
Tbc....

Muzz

Granted Samaras came on and was woeful.  But Lennon putting Samaras on to run the channels hold onto the ball, hold up the ball, win free kicks in my eyes was the right decision.  The fact Samaras didnt do any of those things makes it look like Lennon hadnt a clue.

Last night was not the night for McCourt.  I have said it on here before...McCourt gets plaudits for going on a maisy run and scoring beating 10 players in the process.  However thats one run out of about 100 he tries in a game.  A lot of the time he will lose the ball and put pressure back on the team.  Midfielders bursting forward and then leaving the defense exposed.

Last night I really think Lennon got it spot on.  Commentators though Forrest was great.  I wasnt that impressed.  Bangura and Hooper were chasing and putting pressure on the passes.  Forrest didnt want to chase.  No matter how much I want to believe it Celtic will not be world beaters anytime soon.  That "2nd Strong" side of Udinese is better than any SPL team and most EPL teams. 

Keep the faith people!  No faith we wont have anything.  Lennon is still learning...but just think could be worse we could have a John Barnes or even a more experience manager like Tony Mowbray!

whitegoodman

Quote from: Muzz on September 30, 2011, 11:15:19 AM
Granted Samaras came on and was woeful.  But Lennon putting Samaras on to run the channels hold onto the ball, hold up the ball, win free kicks in my eyes was the right decision.  The fact Samaras didnt do any of those things makes it look like Lennon hadnt a clue.

Last night was not the night for McCourt.  I have said it on here before...McCourt gets plaudits for going on a maisy run and scoring beating 10 players in the process.  However thats one run out of about 100 he tries in a game.  A lot of the time he will lose the ball and put pressure back on the team.  Midfielders bursting forward and then leaving the defense exposed.

Last night I really think Lennon got it spot on.  Commentators though Forrest was great.  I wasnt that impressed.  Bangura and Hooper were chasing and putting pressure on the passes.  Forrest didnt want to chase.  No matter how much I want to believe it Celtic will not be world beaters anytime soon.  That "2nd Strong" side of Udinese is better than any SPL team and most EPL teams. 
Keep the faith people!  No faith we wont have anything.  Lennon is still learning...but just think could be worse we could have a John Barnes or even a more experience manager like Tony Mowbray!

That Udinese team would be in the bottom 6 in the EPL

IMO if Celtic had of been a bit more patient with Mowbray they would have won the league by now, far better manager than Lennon.  Look at the job he is doing with Boro at the min on a shoestring budget.

lynchbhoy

dont think that mowbray was any worse than Lennon but he ran out of time and at the end was trying too hard to force things. Lennon is doing a fine job for a rookie -but a club like Celtic need better than that.
Last night from the bit I saw, Celtic shoul dhave scored more to put the tie away. they didnt and they paid the price. There is always a possibility of a soft penalty. Cant moan about it.
Celtic had their chances. Think that fecking about with the line up weekly detracts from the sides effectiveness. Wait until the side get their choesion together for a while and a run of good results before tinkering with rotations.
Stokes needs to start alongside hooper.
Rogne the best and fastest centre half needs to start.