Quote from: laoislad on August 28, 2011, 12:18:18 AM
Quote from: stibhan on August 28, 2011, 12:13:54 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 11:35:47 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 11:33:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 11:31:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 11:26:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 26, 2011, 02:05:32 PM
Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 26, 2011, 01:26:04 PM
There's a huge difference between not caring about the national side and not caring about the league. Scottish Rangers fans wouldn't be as indifferent to the national side, although there's still a fair few of them who don't give a toss about Scotland.
The bragging rights has generally been enough, plus I think most realise the upheaval required of possibly going through the lower divisions etc. Celtic wouldn't survive without Rangers and vice versa, IMO.
I completely disagree with that.
Celtic propsered when first getting into CL.

Did they?
How many times have they made it out of the Group stages in the Champions League?

Once, with the much derided WGS..........

You'd hardly say they prospered in the CL so would you?

No just that they made it out of the group stages once under Wee Gordon.

Actually, in two consecutive years--2006/7 and 2007/8.

Legends.
They would defo win Premier League.

They wouldn't even win the Championship with their current squad.

Forever Green

Good win today and Hooper getting a couple will be a good boost for him. For SPL standards it was a very good game. Was really impressed with St Mirren who played lovely football throughout. I was a big fan of Majstorovic last season. I thought he made the defence solid but he was woeful again today. Absolute bombscare.

Muzz

Anyone heard of this boyo we signed today? Mohamed Bangura

Comes recommended by Henrik.  If hes half the player Henrik was should be a good capture.

SambaSaffron

Just watched the obligatory youtube video, obviously he seems good from that(zurawski looked amazing). Would have liked Diawara as well, apparantly it may still happen in Jan.
Hopefully gettin rid of Maloney and Samaras, but I'm probably just being hopeful and both will fall through.

Apparantly huns turned down £6.5m for Jelavic from Leicester. Which makes a mockery of whoever said on here a few pages back Murphy was as good as him, since we had to gift Murphy to Ipswich.

Muzz

clarshack

Club Rossa

Was watching the Crusaders game on Sky the other night,Samaras could do a job for them

Muzz

Quote of the day!

QuoteDespite being made aware of availability, Sunderland, Blackburn and Stoke have all knocked back the chance to sign Celtic striker Georgios Samaras

Muzz

Queens Park Rangers and Wolves have enquired about the availability of Celtic striker Gary Hooper

Not good news - cant see Celtic selling him either.

Pat Mustard

QPR don't want Hooper.

Samaras turns down 2 offers.

Muzz

QuoteBlackburn and Sunderland have 'tabled offers' for Georgios Samaras, according to his agent and are offering him more cash than the Greek striker is on at Celtic, too, reports BBC Sport's Matt Slater. However, the agent thinks a deal is less than 50/50 likely to happen, as Celtic want more money.

Pat Mustard

Can't see that being accurate as we've tried to sell him to half of Europe today.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 30, 2011, 06:05:09 PM
Just watched the obligatory youtube video, obviously he seems good from that(zurawski looked amazing). Would have liked Diawara as well, apparantly it may still happen in Jan.
Hopefully gettin rid of Maloney and Samaras, but I'm probably just being hopeful and both will fall through.

Apparantly huns turned down £6.5m for Jelavic from Leicester. Which makes a mockery of whoever said on here a few pages back Murphy was as good as him, since we had to gift Murphy to Ipswich.
tor andre flo for £10 million ring any bells...
he was brilliant alright...

Tubberman

I just heard on Radio 1 that the Wilson guy who was in court for assaulting Neil Lennon in the Hearts match has been cleared of assault   ::)

Even yer man Boucher Hayes was shocked. He said "I remember seeing those pictures. Hmmm....maybe it's better not to say anything."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

tyroneman

Yr man got off the assault charge in non sectarian, bias free Scotland.....remarkable