Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Smurfy123

Didn't realise that
He didn't play much?

Square Ball

Not sure, Def came on in last game of AI
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

downjim

Just read the reporter, Tally reckons Benny has no influence on the Bridge players on the squad. We believe you Paddy. A McKenna cup squad without a player from Downs best team 🧐🧐

elk

Quote from: downjim on December 20, 2018, 02:07:37 PM
Just read the reporter, Tally reckons Benny has no influence on the Bridge players on the squad. We believe you Paddy. A McKenna cup squad without a player from Downs best team 🧐🧐
Probably saving them for the championship

Smurfy123

Would that be the best team who just about beat Kilcoo with a reserve team playing? What Burren ones should be on it besides Kevin McKernan and Donal O Hare

forevergreen

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 20, 2018, 03:24:11 PM
Would that be the best team who just about beat Kilcoo with a reserve team playing? What Burren ones should be on it besides Kevin McKernan and Donal O Hare

Gerard McGovern still away in Oz and would surely be involved if at home, Conaill McGovern opted out last year but didn't really look county level this year, Rooney was good this year but that time has passed, both Toners were playing well but injuries would likely keep them from meeting the physical demands of county level.
Realistically looking at some of those in the county squad, Cathal Foy and Stevie Fegan may have been worth a trial and both improving year on year. Its our younger players who will likely be playing for Down at U21s in 2019 - Cox, McAvoy, Kerr all have to be part of Deegan's plans.

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 20, 2018, 08:52:00 AM
New lads in
Devlin Kilcoo
Kane Kilcoo
J Johnstone Kilcoo
McCarthy Saval ???
Havern saval
McClement Loughinisland
Mason Loughinisland
Brady Mayobridge
McClorey Mayobridge
Quinn Mayobridge
B O Hagen Clonduff back
Parr Rostrevor keeper
Francis bredagh
Burns Castlewellan
Harney Saul
Murnin Clonduff
Collins RGU

Old
McAleenan CPN
Donnelly Tullylish
Poland longstone
McKibbon Bryansford
R Johnstone Kilcoo
McArdle Annaclone
Wells Bryansford
O Hagen Clonduff
McGrady Downpatrick

Only 3 starters from last years squad on the panel o Hagen McArdle and Donnelly
No McKernan Mooney Harrison Maginn OHare and lots more
A very inexperienced squad to put out

Yas looking to move forward and bring new lads in to help us develop and become a better team???

No point picking the same lads Who've had a chance and proven not to be good enough. Can't believe rooney was even mentioned he's 30+ and hasn't been around with down squad for a few years. Mcclements from loughanisland was as exciting as any midfielder within the county last year and yas haven't gave the lad a mention. Talk about who's there and not the boys who aren't.

Get behind the bloody team for once and stop being so negative.

Personally I think it's brilliant the amount of new and young players in the squad and knowing the fact that there are also a lot of brilliant u20s involved with the senior squad also this year is something to be excited about.

Smurfy123

Keyboard u must be on the panel. Yes I agree the panel needed a complete overhaul but 15/16 new boys in is a lot? Great to see Kilcoo with lads on the squad. If Tally can get some players from the McKenna cup panel it will be a job well done.

downjim

I hope that Kilcoo commit to the county, they have been pulling in opposite ways for decades. For a club with the most senior championship wins not to have a All Ireland winner in our 5 wins says it all.

KeyboardWarrior645

Clubs cannot force players to go to play for the county. It's about the want of the player. As I said before and I'll say again the boys who aren't there will win nothing with down and that's a fact so stop giving them the time of day whereas the boys that are there have a real chance of getting silverware this year. Yes surely would be great to have everyone putting their foot to the wheel but they aren't.

Nanderson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 20, 2018, 11:21:42 PM
Keyboard u must be on the panel. Yes I agree the panel needed a complete overhaul but 15/16 new boys in is a lot? Great to see Kilcoo with lads on the squad. If Tally can get some players from the McKenna cup panel it will be a job well done.
Where is everyone getting these 15/16 new faces? Those 'new faces' have been involved with the county before bar McCarthy, McClements, Mason, Parr and Harney. Obviously a new manager will have a load of new faces in as its a clean slate for everyone and he must feel that these are the players worth taking a look at

Smurfy123

Henderson what are you talking about
Havern
McClorey
Quinn
Brady?
Kane

Along with the lads you have said

Have any of the above ever started a senior match with Down?

Havern and possibly Brady started McKenna cup

Nanderson

I assumed the Quinn for mayobridge was Keith but it may be Cory. Havern definatley played McKenna Cup a couple of years ago and O'Hagan outshone him and got the spot on the team.

Ed Hardy

I thought Havern played a national league game or 2. Could be wrong tho. Any word of Laverty from Saul or Guinness from Carryduff,  are they with their universities for McKenna cup? Thought they might be in with a shout of a call up.