Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshine

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 27, 2019, 11:53:44 AM
My Weekkend Senior Predictions

Eglish vs Errigal
Tattyreagh vs Edendork
Omagh vs Dungannon
Carrickmore vs Derrylaughan

Errigal by 7/8 -  Even though a few injuries in the camp -with Harte having a small knock and Canavan doubtful with groin, also Peter Og and McGirr out with hamstring injuries, Eglish best hope I think is to get rough with Errigal and really raise the tempo of the game and get into their faces and try and make Errigal crumble, a bit like what Coalisland always do to them.

Edendork by 8/9 - I fully expect Edendork to make it through to a senior semi final again after looking at the draw which favors them, with big Conn back fit which is massive, he's probably the best club midfielder in Tyrone and sure to be the Tyrone set up next season, but I expect he will have a great battle with the Harkins at the weekend, and then they Morgan and McCurry who are both outstanding club players who I don't think the Tatts will handle

Battle of the towns!!! Toughest call of the weekend - I've no idea really how Omagh have been getting on performance wise and whos fit and whos not, Dungannon's league run seems to have come to an end recently but they've faced arguably 2 of the best teams in Tyrone, I wont be surprised if Dungannon win by a point though so that's what ill go with!

Another tough call but I see Carmen coming through this in the second half by 3/4 points, even if Conor Gormley is ruled out with a knee injury. Derrylaughlan will have to have all 15 players perform to a top level to win this were as I think that if Carmen players can perform even at 80% I think it'll be enough to see them through, to much craft and experience in this Carmen team to lose this one,t heir win at the wkend also over Dromore was perfect timing for them!

Lol Gael fanatic coalisland have literally beat errigal twice in championship in last 20 years with errigal beating coalisland twice aswell. They got in faces last year and it worked but I wouldn't say that happens in every outing v the 2 clubs.. I remember watching basically the majority of the current coalisland senior team get bullied in clogher in a u21 final.. they even lost the field fight  :)

Localexpert

Quote from: Moonshine on August 27, 2019, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 27, 2019, 11:53:44 AM
My Weekkend Senior Predictions

Eglish vs Errigal
Tattyreagh vs Edendork
Omagh vs Dungannon
Carrickmore vs Derrylaughan

Errigal by 7/8 -  Even though a few injuries in the camp -with Harte having a small knock and Canavan doubtful with groin, also Peter Og and McGirr out with hamstring injuries, Eglish best hope I think is to get rough with Errigal and really raise the tempo of the game and get into their faces and try and make Errigal crumble, a bit like what Coalisland always do to them.

Edendork by 8/9 - I fully expect Edendork to make it through to a senior semi final again after looking at the draw which favors them, with big Conn back fit which is massive, he's probably the best club midfielder in Tyrone and sure to be the Tyrone set up next season, but I expect he will have a great battle with the Harkins at the weekend, and then they Morgan and McCurry who are both outstanding club players who I don't think the Tatts will handle

Battle of the towns!!! Toughest call of the weekend - I've no idea really how Omagh have been getting on performance wise and whos fit and whos not, Dungannon's league run seems to have come to an end recently but they've faced arguably 2 of the best teams in Tyrone, I wont be surprised if Dungannon win by a point though so that's what ill go with!

Another tough call but I see Carmen coming through this in the second half by 3/4 points, even if Conor Gormley is ruled out with a knee injury. Derrylaughlan will have to have all 15 players perform to a top level to win this were as I think that if Carmen players can perform even at 80% I think it'll be enough to see them through, to much craft and experience in this Carmen team to lose this one,t heir win at the wkend also over Dromore was perfect timing for them!

Lol Gael fanatic coalisland have literally beat errigal twice in championship in last 20 years with errigal beating coalisland twice aswell. They got in faces last year and it worked but I wouldn't say that happens in every outing v the 2 clubs.. I remember watching basically the majority of the current coalisland senior team get bullied in clogher in a u21 final.. they even lost the field fight  :)

Gaafanatic must have hit a nerve!

Got in faces? It was more a case of being completely outplayed

Lost the battle but won the war considering they have the jingle jangle since then so I think they're happy enough!

square_ball

Local expert - did soviet unionist ever catch up with you last year? I haven't seen him around the board maybe he is busy?

GetOverTheBar

It's around that time of the year Local Expert lets us know how Coalisland are with injuries much to their fury.

Localexpert

Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2019, 09:02:49 AM
Local expert - did soviet unionist ever catch up with you last year? I haven't seen him around the board maybe he is busy?

Yes unknown to him he bumped into one of my colleagues but he was just looking to join our expert group so I posted him the login details.  He hasn't logged in yet so maybe he is playing hard to get!

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 28, 2019, 09:24:52 AM
It's around that time of the year Local Expert lets us know how Coalisland are with injuries much to their fury.

What?
You still annoyed we got to 10 and didn't cost us a penny  ;)

square_ball

Quote from: Localexpert on August 28, 2019, 10:59:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2019, 09:02:49 AM

Yes unknown to him he bumped into one of my colleagues but he was just looking to join our expert group so I posted him the login details.  He hasn't logged in yet so maybe he is playing hard to get!

Maybe he's cooking the healthy breakfast this Saturday.

DrumraghAbu

Eglish vs errigal - Errigal to win this by double figures
Tattyreagh vs edendork - Tatts with a surprise win
omagh vs dungannon - Omagh to turn on the style and win comfortably
carrickmore vs derrylaughan - Draw
pomeroy vs newton - Pomeroy to win this handy.
galbally vs strabane - Galbally to win this handy.

valley19

Who do we think is coming out of each quarter of the intermediate championship?

Q1- Galbally, Strabane, Augher, Aghayran
Q2- Greencastle, Clogher, Gortin, Moortown
Q3- Pomeroy, NTS, Loughmacrory, Beragh
Q4- Own Roes, Stewartstown, Cookstown, Urney

The_Slug

Quote from: Drumraghexile on August 28, 2019, 12:50:11 PM
anyone brave enough to call the intermediate championship? 7 teams in with a big shout in my opinion, Loughmacrory, Galbally, Pomeroy, Gortin, Augher, Aghyaran and Owen Roes?

It will take a serious side to beat galbally in any game this year, be it league or champo

Pearse Blue

anyone brave enough to call the intermediate championship? 7 teams in with a big shout in my opinion, Loughmacrory, Galbally, Pomeroy, Gortin, Augher, Aghyaran and Owen Roes?
The only team capable of beating Galbally is Pomeroy, nobody else in D2 will come close

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: The_Slug on August 28, 2019, 01:39:50 PM

It will take a serious side to beat galbally in any game this year, be it league or champo
Aghyaran are well enough set up to nip them in a stand alone game. Pomeroy with few men missing through injury but they also have the potential to nip Galbally.
No else could probably do it in against Galbally but would have no fear playing either of Aghyaran or Pomeroy.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 28, 2019, 02:23:05 PM

Aghyaran are well enough set up to nip them in a stand alone game. Pomeroy with few men missing through injury but they also have the potential to nip Galbally.
No else could probably do it in against Galbally but would have no fear playing either of Aghyaran or Pomeroy.
Galbally only beat them by a point, but Pomeroy went to Aghyaran and outplayed them, it took Aghyaran to start a row to try get close. Dont think they will be a bother, Pomeroy or Galbally for me. 

tyronerebel

Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 28, 2019, 02:42:12 PM

Galbally only beat them by a point, but Pomeroy went to Aghyaran and outplayed them, it took Aghyaran to start a row to try get close. Dont think they will be a bother, Pomeroy or Galbally for me.
Pomeroy must of had a bit to do with the row as well as they cant seem to stay out of rows on nights out, goodfellow, the loughrans and even a few of the county stars fighting in dungannon? loughmacrory pomeroy or galbally all in with a shout aghyaran just dont seem to have the bite this year..

The_Slug

Cant see Aghyarn coming close to them in championship without McHugh. I would agree that Pomeroy would be the most likely team to stop them, but not just because of their county men, they have great experience from some of their recent championship runs over the years, prior to last years first round exit ofc.

Whoever wins the IFC in Tyrone this year will walk Ulster and after that, an All-Ireland title will be very much a probability as opposed to a possibility (provided there are no major injuries along the way).