Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

charlie stubbs

good point made by setanta.celts play motherwell sat if they lord 3 points put them 8clear,could be psychological boost with gers tough game at easter road!

mhacadoir

just back from the game, great result! thought caldwell was very good in the second half against cousin, and i dont say that often! also, hartley and robson in centre midfield are playin great stuff. they are startin to worry! plus maybe another injury and suspension could start gettin crucial! HAIL HAIL!!

p.s. whoever came up with the "your just a fat eddie murphy" chant for darcheville, well done!!

Rav67

Quote from: mhacadoir on April 27, 2008, 08:24:04 PM
just back from the game, great result! thought caldwell was very good in the second half against cousin, and i dont say that often! also, hartley and robson in centre midfield are playin great stuff. they are startin to worry! plus maybe another injury and suspension could start gettin crucial! HAIL HAIL!!

p.s. whoever came up with the "your just a fat eddie murphy" chant for darcheville, well done!!

Skippy's form has dipped in the past couple of months but thought he was excellent today, terrific work-rate and two great finsihes (Torres eat your heart out for the second goal).  Caldwell was very impressive too and Naka did rightly, especially when closing the game out in the last 10 minutes.  I think Rankers will drop some points as they are bound to get fatigued, but they'll need to fail to win in 2 games and we'll have to take maximum points from the remaining fixtures to turn it round.  Would be such a sweet title if it happens.

T Fearon

2003 in reverse ;D

What about Boruc's God Bless the Pope T Shirt? He seems to have annoyed Gregory Campbell according to to-day's Irish News. The same cnut was quiet when Goram wore the black armband as a "tribute" to Billy Wright. >:(

Had to laugh at Strachan's response which was "To be fair he's not a bad lad (The Pope), Now if the T SHirt had said God Bless Myra Hindley, I would have had a problem with that" :D

Lets hope Adrian Mutu, Vieiri etc do the business on Thursday night, as well ;D

clarshack

surely if kaka can wear this t-shirt then theres no problem with boruc!

nifan

Of course in typical football rivalry it will be laughed off by one side and taken to heart by the other side - gazzas flute playing for example.

Provocative - yes. Taken over the top by fans - of course

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on April 28, 2008, 05:33:25 PM
Of course in typical football rivalry it will be laughed off by one side and taken to heart by the other side - gazzas flute playing for example.

Provocative - yes. Taken over the top by fans - of course

Ah but you cant be comparing the orange order to the pope Nifan.

In all fairness.

Anyone complaining about the t-shirt is guilty of religious intolerance IMO.

FFS they do call him the holy goalie after all!
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Where was that photo taken? If it was taken after the game against Rangers, then yes, I feel it was definitely designed to enrage the Rangers support. Why else would someone wear a t-shirt like that?

The Queen is head of the Church of England (I think). If Barry Ferguson wore a T-Shirt that said 'God Bless the Queen' and paraded it in front of Celtic fans, there'd be war as well.

If it was somewhere else, or not at the Rangers game, I would still wonder why he wore it, but would be a little more tolerant.

Similarly, if Kaka wore his shirt against Fenerbache or Galatasary or any other club with Islamic ties (I'm not sure if those two even have), it would be a silly thing to do as well.

Chrisowc

I think that's fair enough AZ.

Wasn't Gazza set up by McCoist or someone when he first arrived at Rangers?

Don't think Gazza did his flute thing during an Old Firm game either.  Though I could be wrong
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 28, 2008, 05:40:51 PM

Ah but you cant be comparing the orange order to the pope Nifan.

In all fairness.

Anyone complaining about the t-shirt is guilty of religious intolerance IMO.

FFS they do call him the holy goalie after all!

I didnt compare the pope and the OO, i compared the use of them to wind up others. And i said that people shouldnt make too much of these things, but invariably do.

I would class the goram black armband as something entirely different for example.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

passedit

In fairness to Gazza, I think most gave him a fools pardon. In mitigation for Boruc it seems the t shirt was thrown to him from the crowd and was as much in praise of him as JP2, what with all the holy goalie nonsense. He doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the box either.

Was listening to the game on the way to a game of proper ball and from what I could pick up Rangers were targetting Hinkel. I presume milk still turns quicker?
Don't Panic

saffron sam2

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 28, 2008, 06:41:13 PM
I think that's fair enough AZ.

Wasn't Gazza set up by McCoist or someone when he first arrived at Rangers?

Don't think Gazza did his flute thing during an Old Firm game either.  Though I could be wrong

1. Gazza blames Ian Ferguson rather than McCoist. Apparently this wind-up was during a pre-season tour though.

2. As hardstation says, it was also done in the course of an Old Firm game. Gazza was warming up before being introduced as a sub, when he was being serenaded with a chorus of "He beats the wife, he beats the wife, Gazza beats the wife". In retaliation, he responded with his flautist's impression.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2008, 05:57:31 PM
Where was that photo taken? If it was taken after the game against Rangers, then yes, I feel it was definitely designed to enrage the Rangers support. Why else would someone wear a t-shirt like that?

The Queen is head of the Church of England (I think). If Barry Ferguson wore a T-Shirt that said 'God Bless the Queen' and paraded it in front of Celtic fans, there'd be war as well.

If it was somewhere else, or not at the Rangers game, I would still wonder why he wore it, but would be a little more tolerant.

Similarly, if Kaka wore his shirt against Fenerbache or Galatasary or any other club with Islamic ties (I'm not sure if those two even have), it would be a silly thing to do as well.
I think you think too much.
Don't you remember when Boruc was cautioned by the police for openly blessing himself at a Rangers Celtic game. Only for the police to do 5 sommersaults with their reasons afterwards..

stew

Quote from: Main Street on April 28, 2008, 11:18:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2008, 05:57:31 PM

I think you think too much.
Don't you remember when Boruc was cautioned by the police for openly blessing himself at a Rangers Celtic game. Only for the police to do 5 sommersaults with their reasons afterwards..

Just as well Artur isnt a muslim, during the game he would have to whip the aul prayer mat out and praise allah! celtic would be losing 5-0 nearly every week. ;)

of course of he was muslim the huns wouldnt give two shites, but since he is a fenian..................................different story. :o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.